Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:29:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Naughty America Productions and DECENT Cooperation  (Read 2735 times)
meeekz

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 02:03:35 PM

Are they changing their name to inDecent?

Check out the Powerledger ICO.... Disrupting the power industry
https://bounty.powerledger.io/btctalk/?hash=n81HRsvnAyG3cfl6
Greenenergy

Activity: 441

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:15:15 PM

Are they changing their name to inDecent?

That's I though posteriorly to my post. If someday they success (very unporbable) I'll remind them that name.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 08:32:28 AM

I think that digital property rights should be brought down, like all forms of intellectual property rights.
Forbidding people to share information goes against the deepest forms of human interaction.
(thinking that having fun with sex is a sin, does so too BTW...)
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 10:53:05 AM

I think that digital property rights should be brought down, like all forms of intellectual property rights.
Forbidding people to share information goes against the deepest forms of human interaction.

How do you suggest that musicians, song writers, designers and others make a living? Why should people bother innovating? Open source and royalty free are great and have their uses and benefits but they cannot be the whole story.

I for one am quite happy to pay 1$ for a track, or 10$ for a 3d design etc.

What we should ensure is that there is a functioning market for IP. Not one that exists currently for the benefit of monopolists and cronies.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 06:36:38 PM

How do you suggest that musicians, song writers, designers and others make a living?

Because someone wanting a song hires them to write a song, or to sing.  Like theatre actors play classical (IP free) pieces.  Like an electrician is making a living by installing wires in houses, and doctors are making a living by curing people.   And because they like it and do it for free.

By far most income of IP doesn't go to their inventors, but rather to people profiting from inventors in a hierarchical exploitation mechanism.  Engineers inventing stuff in a company get a salary, that has nothing to do with the income that that company and their share holders will generate from owning that IP.   

Why should people bother innovating?

Because someone pays them to find a solution to their problem they'd like to get solved.  Once the solution is known, then we can move on to the next problem, instead of creating artificial scarcity.

There are two fundamental sources of "undeserved wealth".  These are intellectual property, and owners of natural resources.  When you look at the big fortunes in the world, they come from these two things, which are NOT related to production of wealth, but rather to an introduction of artificial scarcity.  Natural resources are everybody's and so their value should go to everybody ; intellectual property is making something that is free of cost (sharing knowledge) into a scarce product.  They are the levers of unlimited wealth transfers to their owners, unrelated to the production of further scarce goods and services.
chris_nor

Activity: 256

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 12:57:54 AM

How do you suggest that musicians, song writers, designers and others make a living? Why should people bother innovating? Open source and royalty free are great and have their uses and benefits but they cannot be the whole story.

I for one am quite happy to pay 1$ for a track, or 10$ for a 3d design etc.

What we should ensure is that there is a functioning market for IP. Not one that exists currently for the benefit of monopolists and cronies.

They will still be able to make a living. Remove the power of record companies, people will probably be exposed to more music, and buy artist who do it for the art and not the fame and being rock stars.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: