Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:33:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously...are you buying at these prices?  (Read 4889 times)
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:49:10 PM

No I'm already all in, but if I had more money to put in I would buy more BTC even at this price as well as some LTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:50:05 PM

No I'm already all in, but if I had more money to put in I would buy more BTC even at this price as well as some LTC.

I'm thinking I need to go get at least a few LTC.

- aka The "DigiMan"
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:55:13 PM

No, because the only money coming in is based on the assumption they'll sell for fiat at a higher price. This isn't being driven by fundamental value for many weeks now, and it will collapse sooner rather than later.

Elon Krusky
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 05:01:51 PM

No.

I've been in here speculating since 2011, why would I buy at the by far highest price ever?

Why people do it, I can only guess. I doubt it's because Silk Road suddenly had a demand surge. Probably, the rally is being caused by comparably inefficient speculators. Certainly not my kind of game to play.

Agreed.
lol nub talk...

Everyone knows bitcoin prices are totally relevant, people will continue to buy and sell BTC at wtv price....

If you speculate that new  developments in the economy isn't effecting price, your doing it wrong!  Tongue

bitcoins usefulness grows, the technology improves, new opportunities are presented; But time is short, and every dollar must be accounted for, Buy BUY BUY!

Smiley

Edit: oh and, No i'm not buying right now ( i sold at ~20 DOH! -_-), but I'll need a few more... soon...

BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:02:43 PM

No.

I've been in here speculating since 2011, why would I buy at the by far highest price ever?

Why people do it, I can only guess. I doubt it's because Silk Road suddenly had a demand surge. Probably, the rally is being caused by comparably inefficient speculators. Certainly not my kind of game to play.

Agreed.
lol nub talk...

Everyone knows bitcoin prices are totally relevant, people will continue to buy and sell BTC at wtv price....

If you speculate that new  developments in the economy isn't effecting price, your doing it wrong!  Tongue

bitcoins usefulness grows, the technology improves, new opportunities are presented; But time is short, and every dollar must be accounted for, Buy BUY BUY!

Smiley
Agreed. +1

- aka The "DigiMan"
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:05:17 PM

No.

Fundamentals are way different today.

Hordes of speculators.

Also we are bubbling up slower this time, probably because more people are involved. Could also be MtGox lag Smiley
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:06:34 PM

No.

Fundamentals are way different today.

Hordes of speculators.

Also we are bubbling up slower this time, probably because more people are involved. Could also be MtGox lag Smiley
I blame it on the Gox lag as well Smiley

- aka The "DigiMan"
pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:09:21 PM

I'm thinking I need to go get at least a few LTC.

Litecoin, the next speculators frontier Wink

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:11:23 PM

Yes...

1 BTC = 100 USD

Financial freedom = Priceless

Cool
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:13:00 PM

When bitcoin went past $10, I got interested and bought. My plan was to sell some at $50 and ride the rest.

When it went past $50, I decided to go all-in instead. I decided that I will buy as many as possible before it is $100.

When it got past $100, I spent my last EUR 10,000 in the exchange, buying more.

Now I have a problem. I still have a lot of value in other than Bitcoin. But the price is kind of high.

Probably I will slow down buying, perhaps to 10,000 per week or so.

But as it goes past $200, I will probably just change my mind again.

Insatiable desire to buy bitcoins...

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:43:06 PM

The question should be: Would you buy at this prices if you're a long term investor or a short term investor?

Long term: YESSSS
Short term: Wait for a dip, it's coming any time this week, then buy and make 20%

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Fiery Winds

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:52:02 PM

My 1 BTC doesn't get entered into my account until later this evening, so I'll have the rest of the day to determine what I want to do.  I bought in at $81, and am considering selling a percentage of my BTC above 100, anticipating it dipping below 100 this week, when I can buy back in with more capital.  If it keeps going up, I'll have still made a profit, and have some eggs left to keep climbing.  Then I'll be kicking myself for not buying now, but such is the speculative game.
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:55:40 PM

My 1 BTC doesn't get entered into my account until later this evening, so I'll have the rest of the day to determine what I want to do.  I bought in at $81, and am considering selling a percentage of my BTC above 100, anticipating it dipping below 100 this week, when I can buy back in with more capital.  If it keeps going up, I'll have still made a profit, and have some eggs left to keep climbing.  Then I'll be kicking myself for not buying now, but such is the speculative game.
Hold, hold, hold!

- aka The "DigiMan"
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:56:09 PM

No, unless I need it to spend it on something.

So far there hasn't been much that I want that would be cheaper or easier to pay for with BTC.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 05:59:54 PM

No, unless I need it to spend it on something.

So far there hasn't been much that I want that would be cheaper or easier to pay for with BTC.

bitspend.net  Smiley

thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 06:08:54 PM

Thanks for this thread.

Short answer: No because I'm all in and need time to recover my pound position from earnings before buying any more.

However I will admit to cheating a little when buying on behalf of friends and family by sneaking a little of my own money in too against my self-imposed rules!

I'm enjoying reading if nothing else because of the polarity.  There is incredulity that Bitcoin could be realistically valued at this price on the one hand and complete confidence that it will march increasingly rapidly forward on the other.

As I was just trying to explain to my niece (who is astounded that the face value of her 10btc Cascasius silver coin just hit $1,000) the price does increase the publicity which increases the price.  That she got.  And if that is the primary reason people are buying - i.e. because everybody else is making money and they want a piece of teh action - then we have a situation akin to Tulip Mania and we'll have loads of people losing their fragile confidence as soon as the price drops a bit and panic selling.

However if because of the increase in publicity and the network effect a significant enough number of those jumping on board are doing so because they see its potential and want whether now or in the future to use it as store of value, as a means of sending money internationally, as a means of buying stuff on-line without the mess of credit cards, as a means of getting their money out of their old banks or currency about which they are losing confident and they accept this may be a short-term peak but are buying nevertheless and are prepared to hold and wait then 'the big dip' if ever it comes won't be that big and won't last that long.

Interestingly also then it matters a great deal to those playing the greater fool game if it is about to plummet whereas to those of us who are thinking long-term fundamental value it matters less Smiley  How cool is that?

The size of the drop of 'the big dip' and its duration before 'recovering' (if it happens) will simply be down to the balance of the volume of Bitcoin controlled by the 'greater fool brigade' v. the rest of us.  My guess is the longer-term thinkers will win.

Somebody above was talking about his 'primed' fiat on MtGox ready to buy into the dip.  I am grateful to those who do this because they'll have a role to play in catching the dagger and preventing it go as low as it otherwise would.  On the other hand on a personal note I for the first month or so kept a range of orders from a small amount at a dollar below market (when that was a bigger percentage than today!) down to a substantial order at below $1.  I called it my 'crash plan' which was both 'for the benefit of Bitcoin in slowing down the potential crash' but also in the hope I could get more Bitcoin cheaper.  However I soon gave up on that when I concluded the odds of a significant crash are in my opinion too low to be holding that money in fiat so instead I just bought BTC at market price with it!

Just my take in case it is of help to others considering how to play it...
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 06:09:59 PM

Yes.

I buy the same $ amount each paycheck.

Also, this forum has a poll feature when you create a thread FYI.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
symbot

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Nobody accepts bitcoin on the moon.

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 06:11:56 PM

YES.

I had a stink bid in that was about 20% below the market value.  But when I saw the price approaching $100 today I bought about $380 worth of bitcoins because I think $100 will be a powerful psychological support level now...

That is not based on anything though.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 06:15:42 PM

Kind of.... I bought a mining machine that will mint Bitcoins at this price.  Cheesy
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 06:19:42 PM

Let's put it this way... I have fiat ready in mtgox to pull the trigger in the next dip Smiley Whenever that might be!
I dont want to be unprepared when the next dip happens and not have fiat available..
but I'm locked and loaded!

I'm dumping a few grand into the next dip as well. Course I will be kicking my own butt if the price hits $150 this week.

LOL, especially if it only dips down to $120
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: