Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:02:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone have a solution to this?  (Read 623 times)
notaek (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 07:50:06 AM

Recently the hard disk of my laptop crashed and I installed a new one (bought from an authorized HP store) and used it for two days with no issues whatsoever. But from Wednesday I experienced frequent BSODs with widows stop code that reads: "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED"

[click to enlarge]

After 3-4 BSODs I was shown the "Smart Hard Disk Error" message:

Then I ran the "System Extensive Test" followed by "sfc/scannow" on safe mode but with no success:

[click to enlarge]

Let me know if anyone of you have faced the same issue or know a fix to this issue.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 07:52:17 AM

Looks like you have a bad hard drive.  It happens even to new ones.  If you bought it a couple days ago, the store should just swap it for you.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
notaek (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 08:22:30 AM

Looks like you have a bad hard drive.  It happens even to new ones.  If you bought it a couple days ago, the store should just swap it for you.

Yep. My last resort will be to take advantage of its warranty. HP is kind of downgrading these days.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 08:27:29 AM

Looks like you have a bad hard drive.  It happens even to new ones.
In my experience it usually happens to new ones. I've seen this before. Brand new hard drives sometimes have manufacturing defects and fail completely after just a few days or weeks of use. If a drive survives its first month of service, then there's nothing wrong with it and it'll likely last for years or decades.

Also, SMART doesn't joke around with its "imminent failure" warnings. If you were to back up your data right now, it's as likely as not the drive would start making horrible grinding noises before the backup is even complete. Though since the drive is new, I presume you don't have much data to lose.

You shouldn't have a problem returning the drive. The store will see for themselves that the drive is dead or dying and give you a new one, no questions asked.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
bt128

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 03:47:21 PM

I think you should get a new disk and do disk cloning(data transfer) asap, otherwise you will lost the whole data.

Mario274

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:21:04 PM

I think you should get a new disk and do disk cloning(data transfer) asap, otherwise you will lost the whole data.

correctly. And then you need to go to the store where you bought the drive and require replacement of the goods on quality
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: