Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: adresses  (Read 347 times)
neotenie (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:48:43 PM

Hi dear people,

I bought half of a bitcoin with cash from a friend with my phone-> one address
I wanted to have a wallet on my desktop pc -> another address was automatically created with Bitcoin-Qt
I checked the site bitcoin-24 to see how to buy btc -> they gave me another address, which is not the one on my PC

That is really confusing!
If I buy a btc on bitcoin-24, it is not on my Bitoin-Qt Wallet, nor on my phone.
How do you handle that??

By the way, the aspect that bothers me with btc, is that it is really COMPLICATED for people like me who are not computer freaks. So it is not as "democratic" as it is said.

Thanks for your response,
Neo
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smallinov

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:58:36 PM

Neo,

You can send the amount from one wallet to another. Once you buy bitcoins you can transfer them to your local wallet on your desktop PC. Most people would recommend storing most of your bitcoins locally and then having a backup the private key to your wallet (which you can find in the menus of bitcoin-qt).

It isn't very hard when you think about those addresses as places to store your coins. Remember....there is no spoon.

Hope this helps!
-Smallinov
neotenie (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:15:07 PM

Thanks!

Still, I'd rather have only one wallet, which can synchronize through PC and phone.
I wanted to offer the possibility to buy my art online with btc, but read somewhere in the forum that it will create one address per payment! Much too messy for me, I'll stick to paypal for now.
I actually do not understand why it is not possible to have only one wallet / one address. Would be easier.
Greets,
Neo
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 05:20:41 PM

Thanks!

Still, I'd rather have only one wallet, which can synchronize through PC and phone.
I wanted to offer the possibility to buy my art online with btc, but read somewhere in the forum that it will create one address per payment! Much too messy for me, I'll stick to paypal for now.
I actually do not understand why it is not possible to have only one wallet / one address. Would be easier.
Greets,
Neo
Let's say you sign up for a wallet a blockchain.info.  Now you can access it from anywhere on the web, your phone etc.  It is safe and is most like an account you are used to.

Now you will get one address created by the wallet at blockchain.info you can use that address for everything, however, if you give out this address to two different customers and one of them pays you how will you know which one paid you?  It is better as a vendor to generate and treat addresse like "invoices" hand them out to customers, one per customer and then you will know who paid what and when.

Let me know if you have any more questions.  

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
neotenie (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:35:33 PM

Hi dear Burt,

does this mean that wallet and address is not the same thing? Is this blockchain the wallet and you can put what comes from different addresses inside this blockchain wallet?

If someone pays me with paypal by example, I get a mail with the name and the address of the person, so that I can actually send the artwork to that person.
If I get an anonymous payment, how can I send anything in return?

Neo: a crazy artist having obviously hard time to understand the btc science!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: