Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:51:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Batch 1 Unit (on hand available)  (Read 2230 times)
coinnewb (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 06:28:11 PM

Hi all,

What: I have another Avalon Batch 1 unit for sale.  It's not a pre-order.  The unit is in my possession and working.

When: The auction will end on April 16, 2013, 9 PM Pacific time (http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/). I had received PMs before asking about the unit after it was sold, so I want to give ample time for everyone to consider this time around.

Closing: The winner of the auction is expected to close the deal by April 19, 2013, 5PM Pacific time.

Where: Eastside of Seattle, WA area (Bellevue/Redmond, if you are familiar with the area). After auction ends, we will find a safe place to meet to ensure a working unit and exchange.

Bidding: Starting bid is BTC200 and bidding increment is BTC1.

Payment: To make bidding easier (for ROI calculation purposes), bidding will be done in BTC.  However, I want the transaction to be done in cash only.  We will use the 24 hour average price at Mt. Gox when the auction ends (see "When" above) for cash price calculation.

Conditions: Just like last time, local pickup only please.  I will not ship the unit and no exceptions!  The unit is located in the Seattle, WA area (see above).  I reserve the right to cancel the auction anytime and refuse to sell to someone if I feel that there is an issue with their intent to follow through.

Conditions: Again, local pickup only.  I would prefer someone local - that way I don't have to deal with someone else's flight schedule, but if you are willing to drive/fly in, that's fine.  Just don't expect me to go out of my way to accommodate your schedule please.

If you have any question, feel free to PM me or post in this thread.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faisalp

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:37:52 PM

GL coinnewb!  For anyone wondering, this is legit and seller is 100% above board.
coinnewb (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:42:40 PM

GL coinnewb!  For anyone wondering, this is legit and seller is 100% above board.
Thanks, faisalp!

BTW, in case it wasn't clear, this is a 3 modules unit (Avalon did not start selling 4 modules unit until batch 3).
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:22:48 PM

Very strange. Bidding in BTC, but payment in USD ? You must be very very bullish on rising price of BTC. What happens if auction ends in 250 BTC, and on 15th April price of BTC becomes 20 USD. Will you honor the terms ? Of course, it can also become 200 USD, and then you profit a lot. High risk, high gain in this case, I guess.

Hi all,

What: I have another Avalon Batch 1 unit for sale.  It's not a pre-order.  The unit is in my possession and working.

When: The auction will end on April 16, 2013, 9 PM Pacific time (http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/). I had received PMs before asking about the unit after it was sold, so I want to give ample time for everyone to consider this time around.

Closing: The winner of the auction is expected to close the deal by April 19, 2013, 5PM Pacific time.

Where: Eastside of Seattle, WA area (Bellevue/Redmond, if you are familiar with the area). After auction ends, we will find a safe place to meet to ensure a working unit and exchange.

Bidding: Starting bid is BTC200 and bidding increment is BTC1.

Payment: To make bidding easier (for ROI calculation purposes), bidding will be done in BTC.  However, I want the transaction to be done in cash only.  We will use the 24 hour average price at Mt. Gox when the auction ends (see "When" above) for cash price calculation.

Conditions: Just like last time, local pickup only please.  I will not ship the unit and no exceptions!  The unit is located in the Seattle, WA area (see above).  I reserve the right to cancel the auction anytime and refuse to sell to someone if I feel that there is an issue with their intent to follow through.

Conditions: Again, local pickup only.  I would prefer someone local - that way I don't have to deal with someone else's flight schedule, but if you are willing to drive/fly in, that's fine.  Just don't expect me to go out of my way to accommodate your schedule please.

If you have any question, feel free to PM me or post in this thread.
coinnewb (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:25:04 PM

Very strange. Bidding in BTC, but payment in USD ? You must be very very bullish on rising price of BTC. What happens if auction ends in 250 BTC, and on 15th April price of BTC becomes 20 USD. Will you honor the terms ? Of course, it can also become 200 USD, and then you profit a lot. High risk, high gain in this case, I guess.

Yes, that's the whole point and will be honored either way.
coinnewb (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:51:39 PM

Yes, that's the whole point and will be honored either way.

Elaborating a bit more, yes, if BTC becomes 20 USD, and the winning bid is 200 BTC, yes, I will take 4000 USD.  If BTC becomes 200 USD at the same winning bid, I will take 40,000 USD.  Since Avalon is used to generate bitcoins, its fiat value will inherently be tied to the exchange rate of that fiat currency.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 07:24:50 AM

I would suggest that your auction finishes earlier. Right now "time is gold" and the sooner you sell the Avalon, the more is it worth

coinnewb (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:01:40 AM

I would suggest that your auction finishes earlier. Right now "time is gold" and the sooner you sell the Avalon, the more is it worth
Thanks for pointing that out.  Rather than changing the auction, I would suggest keeping that in mind when making the bid.  If I receive an offer I can't refuse, I may end the auction early.
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:13:04 AM

If you shipped I'd have a go, but I totally get your reluctance, not a prob.  Good luck, I'm sure it'll sell for a good amount (and I like the BTC/USD aspect, that'll make it interesting to watch Smiley)
coinnewb (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:08:31 PM

If you shipped I'd have a go, but I totally get your reluctance, not a prob.  Good luck, I'm sure it'll sell for a good amount (and I like the BTC/USD aspect, that'll make it interesting to watch Smiley)
Thanks, simonk83!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:10:14 PM

Forgive me for intruding, but has OP bothered to prove he has an ASIC to anyone before they started fawning over it? This is a ripe time for ASIC resell/presell scams.

coinnewb (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:37:24 PM

Forgive me for intruding, but has OP bothered to prove he has an ASIC to anyone before they started fawning over it? This is a ripe time for ASIC resell/presell scams.

I hope that's one of the concerns that this being a face-to-face transaction will alleviate.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:43:56 PM

I hope that's one of the concerns that this being a face-to-face transaction will alleviate.

Why would anyone go to a meeting with a complete stranger carrying bitcoins or anything else without first having sufficient proof of actually holding the item for sale in question?

coinnewb (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:48:22 PM

Why would anyone go to a meeting with a complete stranger carrying bitcoins or anything else without first having sufficient proof of actually holding the item for sale in question?

As it was mentioned, I sold one Avalon unit to another forum user in person.  I said that we will find a safe, public place to meet - not behind some dark alley to do the transaction.
Thanks for looking out for others, MNW.  I will post a pic of the rig in this thread if it helps.
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:50:19 PM

Are you in Europe?

coinnewb (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:51:20 PM

Are you in Europe?
I'm in the greater Seattle area (WA, USA).  Please see OP for details.
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:52:34 PM

Are you in Europe?
Sorry, optician has always recommended I wear glasses  Roll Eyes

coinnewb (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:53:36 PM

Are you in Europe?
I'd say your optician is well qualified for his/her job. Smiley Smiley
kpriess

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

Money is the root of all evil.

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:02:24 PM

For that initial bid, he better be..
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:03:14 PM

Are you in Europe?
I'd say your optician is well qualified for his/her job. Smiley Smiley

Is this a silent auction?  Nobody knows what the other bids are?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: