Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:01:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ON EBAY] GoPro HERO 4 Black Edition  (Read 866 times)
ZACHM (OP)

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:18:42 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 08:46:03 PM by ZACHM

GoPro HERO 4 Black Edition for sale:

Does not work properly, powers on and usually freezes when navigating menu or trying to record.
Sometimes it does record and will work until you stop it.

I believe it can be fixed, lots of discussions online about fixing it.
Loose wires, bad cpu thermal paste, etc.
I don't have the time or patience to fix it.

It worked great for about a year, then started having intermittent freezing problems.

Also included are two extra batteries and a dual charger (wasabi brand).

Small crack on bezel, the corner caught while inserting the camera into the "frame" mount.

Paid $500 USD + $20 for charger, looking to get 0.33 BTC 0.27BTC 0.25BTC shipped anywhere in continental USA only - You can always make offers, worst I can say is no. - ON EBAY -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/232128923594?

Payment:  19dMXZMVyDKDL6xD9r6n6b4tpz7Ckzs8dS

Or Escrow acceptable with either OgNasty or philipma1957
Buyer pays any escrow fees.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 03:40:26 PM

These cameras are great, love the videos these take.

ZACHM (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:50:57 PM

Don't be afraid to make an offer, someone can most likely pull this thing apart and make sure all the connections are good and reapply the thermal past and they will have a great camera at a fraction of the cost of a new one.
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:34:19 PM

A friend of mine might be interested. Would you be open to a deal where I try and get it fixed ? Without knowing about the problem its impossible to know if this is fixable and the right price.
ZACHM (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:46:59 AM

Maybe...

Like maybe a two way escrow:
1. You send the BTC to the escrow.
2. I send you the item.

3. [IF] -> You decide if you can fix it  [THEN] -> authorize release of BTC to me [Transaction Complete]
    [ELSEIF] -> You decide you can't fix so you want partial money back
                     [THEN] -> We agree to a price and the escrow sends money to each party accordingly [Transaction Complete]
    [ELSE] -> You decide you can't fix and want to send it back
                     [THEN] -> You send it back and I inspect and tell escrow to release money back to you [Transaction Complete]

This sounds like it might potentially be a bad idea.
But is was fun programming the potential transaction.  Grin

I'll leave this here for a little while longer, I might decide to just put it on ebay.   Undecided
Broken camera only ones go for around $150 and I could sell the batteries separately.

Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 05:20:46 AM

I would like to purchase it for 0.25 with international shipping. That is if you have some kind of proof of purchase. How do we know it is not stolen?
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 01:21:15 AM

How do we know it is not stolen?
Yes,you will never know if it's stolen.Use your gut,maybe ? Op sounds genuine to me..

@OP : The camera comes with a year warranty right ? Have you tried visiting a service center ? That would give you an exact amount/idea on the repair cost and maybe they will fix it for free if at all it comes with the hardware warranty.Let me search if I've GoPro service centers around,I shall let you know.
ZACHM (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 12:47:32 PM

No it's not stolen. I bought it on Amazon and can show the invoice if someone is really worried about it.

I bought it March of 2015, so the warranty was up when it started mis-behaving. I didn't really think about trying to find a place to fix it around here. I'll look into it but I doubt it. I know there is places online that you can send it away to.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 01:00:23 PM

I offer 0.18 BTC for it, including shipping to U.S.

ZACHM (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 07:31:20 PM

I will send you the camera with one battery for that price?

The waterproof housing is about 0.065BTC
and the extra batteries and charger are 0.032BTC

So if you make it 0.27BTC I'll include those and the other things in the pictures.

I will update the OP to that price.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:22:20 PM

I will send you the camera with one battery for that price?

The waterproof housing is about 0.065BTC
and the extra batteries and charger are 0.032BTC

So if you make it 0.27BTC I'll include those and the other things in the pictures.

I will update the OP to that price.

Sorry.. I'll pass. Thanks for the offer!

erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 11:39:35 PM

Maybe...

Like maybe a two way escrow:
1. You send the BTC to the escrow.
2. I send you the item.

3. [IF] -> You decide if you can fix it  [THEN] -> authorize release of BTC to me [Transaction Complete]
    [ELSEIF] -> You decide you can't fix so you want partial money back
                     [THEN] -> We agree to a price and the escrow sends money to each party accordingly [Transaction Complete]
    [ELSE] -> You decide you can't fix and want to send it back
                     [THEN] -> You send it back and I inspect and tell escrow to release money back to you [Transaction Complete]

This sounds like it might potentially be a bad idea.
But is was fun programming the potential transaction.  Grin

I'll leave this here for a little while longer, I might decide to just put it on ebay.   Undecided
Broken camera only ones go for around $150 and I could sell the batteries separately.

More likely it would be me sending it back if it doesn't work. Let me know if you are serious about this, and I will see if I can work something out. I would however need to guarantee I don't end up getting scammed(not saying it is), which I am sure would also be a priority for you.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 12:35:35 AM

No it's not stolen. I bought it on Amazon and can show the invoice if someone is really worried about it.

I bought it March of 2015, so the warranty was up when it started mis-behaving. I didn't really think about trying to find a place to fix it around here. I'll look into it but I doubt it. I know there is places online that you can send it away to.
Have you tried contacting the company anyways?  Some tech companies are quite flexible, if they see a legitimate reason they might still fix it/send you a replacement.  Worked with my fitbit, and it's possible that gopro would operate in similar fashion.
ZACHM (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:14:17 AM

More likely it would be me sending it back if it doesn't work. Let me know if you are serious about this, and I will see if I can work something out. I would however need to guarantee I don't end up getting scammed(not saying it is), which I am sure would also be a priority for you.

No, I think I am just going to put it on fleabay as-is broken for parts whatever. Broken ones are going on there for $80-$150 for just the camera with no batteries or case.

So if someone wants to take it before I post it there and close this thread, I'll give it another day here.

0.25BTC Shipped

Have you tried contacting the company anyways?  Some tech companies are quite flexible, if they see a legitimate reason they might still fix it/send you a replacement.  Worked with my fitbit, and it's possible that gopro would operate in similar fashion.

Yeah, FitBit is a lot better about that.
GoPro will offer a 10 or 20% discount on buying a new one from them, that is about it.
I'm not even sure if they will offer that since I bought it from Amazon and not them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: