Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:39:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *Unofficial* ICBIT (BTC Futures Trading) - Help & FAQ's  (Read 26210 times)
Fireball

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 08:16:12 PM

This is probably really stupid but I would rather know for sure than not. So the orderbook displays currently open orders, so "Buy" orders listed there are open buy's from other users, to whom I could sell contracts? Or do I have it backwards.

Also, so given that a Buy order is listed there, ex. 250 contracts with a price of 660. Given that I understand my above question correctly and that is in fact an order I can sell to, would I have to sell 250 contracts at 660 to match up with that one? Or if I only sold 150, would it execute for me and only partially execute the other users order, leaving him or her with an open order of 100 contracts at 660?

Thanks in advance guys!

Partial execution is fully supported. Minimum quantity to buy or sell is 1 contract (= $10).

Also, there is a nice trading guide called ICBIT Futures for Dummies written by my friend at Bitsurant. Check it out.

Margin trading platform OrderBook.net (ICBIT): https://orderbook.net
Follow us in Twitter: https://twitter.com/orderbooknet
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thetedderbear

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:28:54 PM

Partial execution is fully supported. Minimum quantity to buy or sell is 1 contract (= $10).

Also, there is a nice trading guide called ICBIT Futures for Dummies written by my friend at Bitsurant. Check it out.

Hahaha sounds like something I need to read then. Thanks!
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:40:53 PM

Hi, I hope I'm right here to ask my question..

I'm new to futures, but read this " ICBIT Futures for Dummies". It sounds to good to be true, so I want to know, where I missunderstood something.

I talk about the "Example 3: Keep your Values" at page 22 of this guide.
You can compare it with arbitrage. Just buy bitcoins at an exchange at 500$/BTC and sell them on icbit for 800$/BTC. Why not just doing this with all your money again and again? It would be riskfree profit.
So what I missunderstand here? Why is this not possible? If it would be possible, everyone would do this and therefore if the bitcoinprice is 500$, nobody would buy a contract with 800$/BTC, because all the people would offer a price like 505$/btc regardless of the month (just to make a bit arbitrage profit).

The only problem I see, is that when you sell one bitcoin at icbit at a higher price, you will get your bitcoins not until the date of your contract is reached. So this is a limitation.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
CrypticMiner

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:35:42 AM

FYI it is no coincidence that Segwitz2 failed and the futures are trading anyway. This keeps the futures unlinked from the cash which is allowing traders to short BTC and go long the futures without causing the futures to rise. This was planned and the big boys will continue to short BTC and go long futures until they have enough. Once this happens we will get Segwitx2. Gotta hand it to them pretty smart going long futures below $500 and selling above 6000-7000.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: