Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:13:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you turn BitCoin profit into more Bitcoins without cashing out?  (Read 1378 times)
AmericanGreed (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:16:06 PM

This might be a weird or newbie question but I'm curious.

Let's say I invest $1,000 into BitCoin. That $1,000 turns into $2,000. I then want to take the $1,000 and buy more Bitcoin. Is there any way of doing this without withdrawing, paying fees, waiting, re-investing, paying fees, and waiting?

What is the quickest way to double down without taking a loss in time, fees, and a rising market?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
martynw2000

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:22:55 PM

Let's say I invest $1,000 into BitCoin. That $1,000 turns into $2,000. I then want to take the $1,000 and buy more Bitcoin. Is there any way of doing this without withdrawing, paying fees, waiting, re-investing, paying fees, and waiting?

What is the quickest way to double down without taking a loss in time, fees, and a rising market?

Well... if you buy 10 BitCoins for $1,000 and they double in value, you'll still have 10 BitCoins, they'll just be worth more.

chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 11:25:49 PM

AmericanGreed

Relevant username.

Making money out of money without providing work, a service or a product is gambling (sometimes called speculation). Be careful with that - you'll be very annoyed if it doesn't work as expected.

sincitylife

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 11:28:28 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2013, 11:55:27 PM by sincitylife

You might want to look into Arbitrages with other commodities such as Silver Bullion.  
For instance:
  Silver is at an all time low $28 USD for the moment while BTC is at an all time high of $105 USD.
Now If you own bitcoins right now:  Sell BTC and Buy Silver with it.  In a few weeks...the cycle WILL REVERSE!  This is when you Short Silver and Buy BTC back when it's less than $105.  Wash. Rinse.  Repeat.
I'm planning to start a Silver/BTC Hedge fund on BTCJam.com soon as my credentials are verified.  I plan on borrowing 20 BTC and will payout 5% interest.  I'm interested in a 90 day loan but plan on paying off my investors much sooner!  I plan on looking for a few BTC investors.  I use the same nickname at BTCJam as I do here...so I'll keep ya posted fer those who are interested in Silver/BTC Arbitrages.  I will take the risk(my credit is on the line as well) while you BTC investors will earn an easy 5% return on investment.

https://sites.google.com/site/bitcoinsky/si-btc-hedge-fund
u.MP

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:31:24 PM

You might want to look into Arbitrages with other commodities such as Silver Bullion.  
For instance:
  Silver is at an all time low $28 USD for the moment while BTC is at an all time high of $105 USD.
Now If you own bitoins right now:  Sell BTC and Buy Silver with it.  In a few weeks...the cycle WILL REVERSE!  This is when you Short Silver and Buy BTC back when it's less than $105.  Wash. Rinse.  Repeat.
I'm planning to start a Silver/BTC Hegde fund on BTCJam.com soon as my credentials are verified.  I plan on borrowing 20 BTC and will payout 5% interest.  I'm interested in a 90 day loan but plan on paying off my investors much sooner!  I plan on looking for a few BTC investors.  I use the same nickname at BTCJam as I do hear...so I'll keep ya posted fer those who are interested in Silver/BTC Arbitrages.  I will take the risk(me credit is on the line as well) while you BTC investors will earn an easy 5% return on investment.

Sounds very interesting, hope you get it all set up.
martynw2000

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:34:21 PM

If you own bitcoins right now:  Sell BTC and Buy Silver with it.  In a few weeks...the cycle WILL REVERSE!

I'm not arguing your point, but just making an observation. Everything I've read over the past few days indicates the price of BTC will keep going up in line with the increase of difficulty. I'm not sure I'd want to be selling my coins right now.
AmericanGreed (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:35:28 PM

I used to collect Silver and sold my Silver for BTC. There's not much difference between watching Silver try to make a dollar and watching paint dry on a wall. You can call trying to make money out of money anything you want. Bottom line is, I like technology and I don't like government. BTC is perfect. I'm not here trying to buy Starbucks with my BTC, I'm here to make money. To each their own. Selling BTC because it's at an all time high? My friend, BTC has a long way to go. Good luck with your Silver.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 11:35:52 PM

If by investing into Bitcoin you mean exchanging your USD for BTC, then the only way to arrive at 2X the amount you invested is to exchange the BTC back to USD once the exchange rate has doubled. The USD has to come from somewhere.

Still around.
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:36:03 PM

When the market goes up you get more dollars. When it goes down you get more Bitcoins!

Trading to get more Bitcoins is difficult when the market goes up, but it can be done: The cash you have from selling a Bitcoin buys back say 1.1 Bitcoin in a dip, but dips are far apart and fast when the market is rallying as it is now. Don't calculate with a dip down to the right price, it never works. Rather buy some Bitcoins when the unexpected dip pushes down the price down for a brief moment. You can then sell 0.9 of them on the way up and get 0.1 Bitcoin that way. So general not a trick to make you a lot more Bitcoins, more a way to have a second chance to sell the same Bitcoin at a higher price.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:39:44 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 12:46:57 AM by Stephen Gornick

You are describing the desire to profit from timing the bitcoin market.    I take it you believe you can know when to sell, then using the proceeds of that buy back at a later time at a lower value.  [Edit: Oops, I missed the last part of your question, which said "in a rising market".  My suggestion is assuming you are thinking there's a declining market.]

I tried that and am still waiting for $20 to return so I can buy those coins back.  Same for more at $40, then $75, etc.

However, if you want to put your money where your mouth is, there are methods to use bitcoins to short bitcoins.

What you can do is buy BTC/USD PUT options (or write BTC/USD CALL options) on MPEX.  Or sell BTC/USD futures contracts on ICBIT.se for example.   With ICBIT how that works is you sell a contract (currently above spot price, e.g., $115) and then buy it back at any time before settlement (e.g., June 14th, 2013 for BUU3 contract).   The risk is that you buy it back at a higher price, in which you get back less than you paid. If it drops in value, you get back more than you paid.

[Edit: If instead you are thinking the market will be rising, then you can buy CALL options or sell PUT options on MPEX.  You could also buy BTC/USD futures contracts on ICBIT.  You'll be overpaying there, as the price is in contango (above spot).]

There will be more methods to short coming -- as Coinsetter.com, Kraken.com and others launch.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:54:05 PM

satoshidice "less than 32,000".     the problem is, half the time it works and you double your money, half the time it doesn't and you lose it all.
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:05:24 AM

This guy might have some advice.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:08:40 AM

Let's say I invest $1,000 into BitCoin. That $1,000 turns into $2,000. I then want to take the $1,000 and buy more Bitcoin.

You can't buy "more" bitcoin with that $1000, because while you have more dollars worth of bitcoin, bitcoin costs more to buy as well.

You buy 10 bitcoin at $100 per bitcoin with $1000.

Later bitcoin is worth $200 per bitcoin, so you now have $2000 worth of bitcoin, however since bitcoin is now worth $200 each, the $1000 you originally spent can only buy 5 bitcoin, the other $1000 that you earned has bought the other 5 bitcoin at the current price, so you still have 10 bitcoin total.  You can exchange some of the bitcoin that you have for dollars if you want some dollars instead of bitcoin.

One option you could consider at that time is offering the 10 bitcoin (worth $2000) as collateral to someone for a $1000 loan.  Now someone else holds your 10 bitcoin (worth $2000), but they will return it to you when you pay off the $1000 loan.  You can use the $1000 to purchase another 5 bitcoin.  If bitcoin increases in value to $400 per bitcoin your 5 bitcoin will be worth $2000.  You can then sell 2.5 bitcoin for $1000 and pay back the loan.  The lender will then return your 10 bitcoin to you.  Now you have 12.5 bitcoin worth $400 each for a total of $5,000 instead of the 10 bitcoin for a total of $4000 that you would have had if you hadn't taken the loan.  (the previous example did not take into account any interest you might pay on the loan or any risk you might be taking if the exchange rate drops while the lender is holding your collateral).
AmericanGreed (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:21:06 PM

Good stuff, DannyHamilton!
chaosgs

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:24:31 PM

Interesting read Tongue
darcy122

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:35:12 PM

Anyone else facepalm at the Q?  Roll Eyes
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:42:46 PM

Anyone else facepalm at the Q?  Roll Eyes

Nah, my first thought was that he was asking about margin trading.

My next thought was that he could look into purchasing merchandise at a discount (wholesale?) using bitcoins for the purchase and then sell that same merchandise with a mark-up (retail?) accepting bitcoins for the sale.  In this way (assuming there was no lost, damaged, or stolen inventory) if he managed to sell everything that he bought, he would increase the amount of bitcoins he was holding without ever cashing out to fiat.
MineMind

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 10:08:39 PM

This could all be automated by the variable not matched would be the time it takes per transaction.
sincitylife

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 08:04:47 AM

::)Okay...I had no idea that BTC was that speculative!  That's why I'm a noob right?  Anyhow, with all this talk about LTC...it's time for me to get on the LTC/BTC bandwagon. https://sites.google.com/site/bitcoinsky/si-btc-hedge-fund
 Grin My business plan: to create an LTC/BTC Hedge Fund trading primarily on the BTC-E Exchange. I really wish for a 10 BTC Loan to overcome the 4% BTCJam "vigorish". There is potentially a huge opportunity to profit from LTC because more people are beginning to accept LTC for payment.  I will take the risk(my credit is on the line as well) while you BTC investors will earn a quick & easy 5% return on investment.  I'll keep all of you "potential investors" posted as the magic unfolds...so stayed tuned!
Would you like to invest?  Checkout my BTCJam Listing:  https://btcjam.com/listings/3227
sincitylife

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 01:00:03 PM

For instance:
Now If you own bitcoins right now:  Sell BTC and Buy Silver with it.  In a few weeks...the cycle WILL REVERSE!  This is when you Short Silver and Buy BTC back when it's less than $105.  Wash. Rinse.  Repeat.
I'm planning to start a Silver/BTC Hedge fund on BTCJam.com soon as my credentials are verified.  I plan on borrowing 20 BTC and will payout 5% interest.  I'm interested in a 90 day loan but plan on paying off my investors much sooner!  I plan on looking for a few BTC investors.  I use the same nickname at BTCJam as I do here...so I'll keep ya posted fer those who are interested in Silver/BTC Arbitrages.  I will take the risk(my credit is on the line as well) while you BTC investors will earn an easy 5% return on investment.

https://sites.google.com/site/bitcoinsky/si-btc-hedge-fund

::)If investors have taken my advice...they would have made a KILLING!  It's not too late...invest with me:
https://btcjam.com/listings/3227

The price of 1 BTC = $54 USD today!!!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: