Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 02:13:34 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to kill LTC for dummies  (Read 2573 times)
MysteryMiner
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 924



View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:00:27 PM
 #21

Quote
1)bulletproof server costs more than $300.
I don't see necessity for bulletproof server. For Pool? For C&C? Both can run on either VPS or .onion.
Quote
I fail to see how mining on a bot net will kill LTC.
Mining will not kill. 51% will kill.
Quote
as soon as the users notice their crappy, slow computers are being even crappier, slower they will do something about it (you/botherder will lose bots)
I tell about 30 to 40% might notice slowdown and do something about it. Remaining 60% are so dumb that nothing will make them think about something being wrong. Including constantly opening/closing DVD tray. Still the possibility to lose 30% of bots is idea many bot herders don't welcome.
Quote
botnet machines are, for obvious reasons usually much lower-spec hardware. cpu or gpu.
Because only stupid people buy low-end computers. And only stupid people are part of botnet.
Quote
Still the most vulnerable OS is that good old XP, and who is running XP on any decent hardware these days, come on
XP have more security flaws but the reason is that XP distribution is much easier to modify to include rootkit and distribute. And XP also runs everything as admin vs Win7 who needs to launch with elevated privileges for malware to survive reboots.

1LEaxxAh1LKFUvDKYVhiMEVAHRM7K5o7cF
1511273614
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1511273614

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1511273614
Reply with quote  #2

1511273614
Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1511273614
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1511273614

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1511273614
Reply with quote  #2

1511273614
Report to moderator
1511273614
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1511273614

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1511273614
Reply with quote  #2

1511273614
Report to moderator
tgsrge
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 70



View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:16:08 PM
 #22

Quote
Because only stupid people buy low-end computers. And only stupid people are part of botnet.
you cited the wrong reasons, and the wrong reasoning, but yes, pretty much with a few exceptions you can expect botnet machines to be below average.

Quote
I don't see necessity for bulletproof server. For Pool? For C&C? Both can run on either VPS or .onion.
yes. you dont even need centralized c&c these days. it depends on the specific botnet. all i said is that bulletproof costs more than $300 if that's the route you will go.

Quote
I tell about 30 to 40% might notice slowdown and do something about it. Remaining 60% are so dumb that nothing will make them think about something being wrong. Including constantly opening/closing DVD tray. Still the possibility to lose 30% of bots is idea many bot herders don't welcome.
you can expect botherders to be VERY fucking pissed if you make them lose bots

Quote
Mining will not kill. 51% will kill.
yes, you expend a sizeable chunk of your botnet (which would otherwise be making A LOT of money) to 51% the network with unsure results, at the cost that you may lose a good portion of those bots. good job, you just put your botnet to the worst possible use you could ever put it to. i'm not saying a few people in eastern europe & other locations couldnt do it, but rather that atleast tentatively they have no specific reason to do it, or even to cooperate in letting/making it happen.


again: the botnet threat is grossly over exaggerated.
Tomatocage
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1526

brb keeping up with the Kardashians


View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:24:32 PM
 #23

5. Get $5000 a day.

I don't have time for this shit so I throw it away. LTC is shit.

GET $5000 A DAY


THROW IT AWAY

THIS SPOT FOR RENT* | GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!