Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:34:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-10-12] This Company Uses Bitcoin Blockchain For Medical Marijuana DNA Sequ  (Read 480 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:44:51 PM

This Company Uses Bitcoin Blockchain For Medical Marijuana DNA Sequencing

A molecular information company called Medicinal Genomics (MCG) has partnered with 12 cannabis processors and cultivators to develop genomics-based safety and quality standards, and they are using the bitcoin blockchain to track DNA sequencing cannabis strains.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/company-uses-bitcoin-blockchain-for-medical-marijuana-dna-sequencing/
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8170

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:13:08 AM

This Company Uses Bitcoin Blockchain For Medical Marijuana DNA Sequencing

A molecular information company called Medicinal Genomics (MCG) has partnered with 12 cannabis processors and cultivators to develop genomics-based safety and quality standards, and they are using the bitcoin blockchain to track DNA sequencing cannabis strains.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/company-uses-bitcoin-blockchain-for-medical-marijuana-dna-sequencing/

I would like to know how a "proprietary blockchain interface" can be called "the bitcoin blockchain".  The only thing they're leveraging "the bitcoin blockchain" for is publicity and funding... it's the latest tech, right?
This article isn't even newsworthy.

edit: Also, I don't believe this is a notable Bitcoin press hit.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3045

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:31:10 AM

This article isn't even newsworthy.

edit: Also, I don't believe this is a notable Bitcoin press hit.
Hardly anything in this section is. What do you expect? As I write this, nearly every thread on the first page was started by either someone advertising their "news" site or a garden-variety sig spammer, with the single exception being a newbie who either hasn't had time to sign up for a sig campaign yet or who just doesn't know how things are done around here. Undecided

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: