Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:47:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW CURRENCY] Maria 2.0 was banned, here is her proof. The birth of Bytecoin!  (Read 106367 times)
karsy

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:50:02 PM

Expected time for release?

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jaywaka2713

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:09:22 PM

update for everyone im rebuilding bytecoin using the newly released i0coin code base and doing a hard fork of the network, Once this is done thanks to doublec bytecoin should be on bitparking merged mining pool

I have a Little Single SC (30 Gh/s rig) that I can use to help you hard fork the network. I have it currently running on Bitcoin.

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:04:39 PM

great, im just in the lookout for anyone willing to help with devwork even if its web design or something simple. Im a bit overloaded with work really and im due to go on holiday in a few days too

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:22:15 PM

update for everyone im rebuilding bytecoin using the newly released i0coin code base and doing a hard fork of the network, Once this is done thanks to doublec bytecoin should be on bitparking merged mining pool
Please don't do this, if you want to change something you're free to create your own coin.
As Maria already said:

Bytecoin needs more pools and a good dedicated  exchange.

You are focusing your energy on the wrong target.

Bytecoin is perfect as it is. Just keep mining and STFU!

Maria.

“The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks”
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 09:32:50 PM

Fuck Maria she betrayed us and stole bytecoins

2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 09:34:31 PM

Please don't do this, if you want to change something you're free to create your own coin.
As Maria already said:

Bytecoin needs more pools and a good dedicated  exchange.

You are focusing your energy on the wrong target.

Bytecoin is perfect as it is. Just keep mining and STFU!

Maria.
+1
merged mining will kill the coin - no need

rwfreshmore

Activity: 56
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:58:09 PM

Hey All, is there a wiki for bytecoin? Any compilation of info? Developer profiles? Anything?

I love the idea of bytecoin. It has a very unique alt-coin angle. The first and only 1:1 bitcoin copy. I have servers for pools, websites etc. etc.

Just wondering what the status of the coin is? How up to date is it in relation to the current bitcoin code? Is anyone keeping it updated?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:04:30 PM

hey there is a dev team. currently its me, cshelswell and possibly coretechs although im unsure. im the maintainer of the source code. currently making a new version based on 0.8.5 and 1 on i0coin (merged mining) (testnet).

pool: bte.crypto-expert.com (mine) (me and cshelswell are working on a seperate bte pps pool )
wiki/forum: need to talk with the owner of bytecointalk yet and wiki ill add once we have the clients upgraded

Mogumodz

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:01:26 PM

hey there is a dev team. currently its me, cshelswell and possibly coretechs although im unsure. im the maintainer of the source code. currently making a new version based on 0.8.5 and 1 on i0coin (merged mining) (testnet).

pool: bte.crypto-expert.com (mine) (me and cshelswell are working on a seperate bte pps pool )
wiki/forum: need to talk with the owner of bytecointalk yet and wiki ill add once we have the clients upgraded

Keep up the good work, it's been refreshing to see someone willing and able to work on the project.
Even if nothing comes of it, you had the right attitude and mind set.

Cheers.

Bitcoin OTC rating GPG ID: 3E7974A1 P2Pool statistics: p2pool.info
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:25:29 PM

hey thanks for that, i hope something good does come of it. In a way it shows how bitcoin might have performed if it was an altcoin today. Tongue (well how id like to think of it) atleast if its used for more than pumps and dumps which with btes hash its been literally not possible  Tongue

rwfreshmore

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:09:27 PM

Hi Ahmed, thanks for the response. Am i understanding correctly that you are not the originator of the coin? Who owns the bytecoin domain(s)? Is there a way to contact these people? Why are some people claiming "merged mining will kill the coin"?

If the originator(s) of bytecoin are no longer interested I'm curious why you would be trying to do work for them? I mean.. if you are the one putting in the time i think a hostile take over of the coin is in order. We should grab a new domain and declare it the official home of bytecoin and leave the past where it wants to stay.

Also, I'm trying to understand why there would need be so much development on the client itself? Shouldn't it always remain an exact(almost) copy of the stable bitcoin branch? Or is bytecoin still behind on the bitcoin v0.8 fork? Is the bytecoin software veering away from the bitcoin code or is the intention to continually update bytecoin as bitcoin updates and essentially run the same code, different blockchain? I would think this is the very characteristic that would drive bytecoin adoption.

Thanks for ANY info!
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 02:26:09 PM

Let's get aggressive, hostile take over is the only way. Democracy will not work.

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:20:56 PM

Hi Ahmed, thanks for the response. Am i understanding correctly that you are not the originator of the coin? Who owns the bytecoin domain(s)? Is there a way to contact these people? Why are some people claiming "merged mining will kill the coin"?

If the originator(s) of bytecoin are no longer interested I'm curious why you would be trying to do work for them? I mean.. if you are the one putting in the time i think a hostile take over of the coin is in order. We should grab a new domain and declare it the official home of bytecoin and leave the past where it wants to stay.

Also, I'm trying to understand why there would need be so much development on the client itself? Shouldn't it always remain an exact(almost) copy of the stable bitcoin branch? Or is bytecoin still behind on the bitcoin v0.8 fork? Is the bytecoin software veering away from the bitcoin code or is the intention to continually update bytecoin as bitcoin updates and essentially run the same code, different blockchain? I would think this is the very characteristic that would drive bytecoin adoption.

Thanks for ANY info!

you are correct i am not the originator of the coin. cshelswell owns the bytecoin.biz domain and coretechs owns the bytecoin.org domain i believe. if u wish to contact them you can find them here or i can pass a message onto them. i honestly dont know why people claim that since bte was near dead before our forced takeover.

bytecoin is quite behind on the bitcoin code so its just easier to rebase it onto the latest code. the most timeconsuming process is rebasing it onto bitcoin and then adding in merged mining. since i also have to handle real life, college life, my crypto-expert pools, trading and finally app development (android wallets) so im quite behind on work Tongue but were slowly getting there imo

Ahmed

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 03:23:15 PM

Slaughter the originators that betray us and only pop up when things look better because of ahmed. Hang them by their throats.

rwfreshmore

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:17:12 PM

Thanks for ANY info!

you are correct i am not the originator of the coin. cshelswell owns the bytecoin.biz domain and coretechs owns the bytecoin.org domain i believe. if u wish to contact them you can find them here or i can pass a message onto them. i honestly dont know why people claim that since bte was near dead before our forced takeover.

bytecoin is quite behind on the bitcoin code so its just easier to rebase it onto the latest code. the most timeconsuming process is rebasing it onto bitcoin and then adding in merged mining. since i also have to handle real life, college life, my crypto-expert pools, trading and finally app development (android wallets) so im quite behind on work Tongue but were slowly getting there imo

Ahmed

Hi Ahmed thanks for all the info! I don't expect anyone to do anything for free.. just to want to get that off the table. In fact i might have some money/btc available to you or anyone working on this to get it to the next level.

What i am having a hard time understanding is how much work is needed for things that bitcoin has already achieved? What do you mean by rebasing? Is the bytecoin blockchain in jeopardy or need special handling to update the client? In terms of merged mining.. is this functionality found in another open source bitcoin related project or right in bitcoin? At the end of the day isn't updating bytecoin a matter of grabbing the related bitcoin code and plugging in different nodes? PLEASE don't think i am minimizing ANY work any of you are doing. I just want more info so i can help. It always seemed to me that one of the greatest advantages of bytecoin was the innovation and development would be completely minimized because of bitcoin?
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:27:49 PM

yep its just a case of plugging everything in the longest part is testing it and making sure it works in testnet before actually deploying it.

rwfreshmore

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:44:02 PM

yep its just a case of plugging everything in the longest part is testing it and making sure it works in testnet before actually deploying it.

Are you interested in selling some coins to help fund the next push?
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:47:56 PM

i honestly dont have any i had 100 bte from donations but thats been wiped away with a crashed hard drive.. and the bte pool im running has been double paying users at full load so its 4-5K in negative. im hoping the 2% fee PPS pool will make the push neccesary

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 02:30:20 PM

I'll send you some. Post your address and promise not to lose them. How can a great developer not have saved his wallet.dat? You don't even have to keep it updated..

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:46:49 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2013, 06:24:38 PM by ahmed_bodi

lool it was a fresh OS install setup the wallet, transferred coins over, restarted and boom corrupted hard drive, gotta see if i can recover it. but yeah ill post the pool address when i get chance to access it, it can help cover the double payouts

BTE: 8QpmZ8yfLRVDvwa4p9t6LETHQuz57n82UC

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: