Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:12:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitsyncom what went wrong with the first batch shipping  (Read 2856 times)
Fullsurface (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:09:30 AM

Bitsyncom what went wrong with the first batch shipping and how are you planning to improve the #2 and #3 batch shipping HuhHuhHuh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:59:52 AM

I'm interested in knowing this, but he probably won't respond..

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
A Meteorite

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 05:45:45 AM

I, too, would like to know this. I dropped most of my BTC on batch 3. Sure, that's a risk I'm taking, but after reading a bit of the forums I think the lack of updates on orders and particularly the lack of tracking numbers is worrying especially at the prices of these miners. Maybe if they didn't use a proxy shipper they'd have less issues?

Honestly, if they just made sure that everyone got a tracking number when their unit was shipped and they were fully insured, then we'd probably see a lot less issues. People would know where their unit was and wouldn't have to call DHL daily not knowing if its been shipped or not, or when it's arriving. We wouldn't see someone trying to steal it by changing the shipping address because you'd be monitoring the tracking number. And you'd know when it was coming so you could expect to sign for it. Frankly, I don't see what's wrong with this approach (even very small dollar value items get a tracking number anymore, and this is a device that practically prints money! If it gets delayed in shipping, the ROI could be severely impacted or made impossible, and that seems particularly important after the choice to price it as they did) and I sincerely urge BitSyncom to give out tracking numbers when the Avalon ships.

Now, I do understand that potentially some addresses were incorrect. Some posters say that's not true. I won't choose sides, although again, if a tracking number was given on shipment this would solve that issue too. Smiley

And, just to throw this out there, I think you guys are doing pretty good - otherwise I wouldn't have ordered my batch 3. Props for getting the first ASIC out there. I just think the shipping process can be better and lots of problems can be solved very easily for everyone.

BTC: 1MeTeorfxZNsY6gJDBtrF8JA8KEv6SKGUmLTC: Lejxgou6hUkjupF6RoruxJGG9AQ7t3ovYt
cosurgi

Activity: 298

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:32:21 AM

Bitsyncom what went wrong with the first batch shipping and how are you planning to improve the #2 and #3 batch shipping HuhHuhHuh

Problem is following:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163795.0

Yifu doesn't give tracking numbers to people. So nobody knows if the packages is shipped or not. Unless he, or virtually anybody, calls DHL and gives his personal information (for example found somewhere on the web). Then he will get the tracking number, and will be able to change the destination address, should he (or virtually anybody) decide that Avalon should go somewhere else.

Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:37:05 AM

Oh well. Part of the fun is dealing with uncertainty. I'm a happy camper. Let Yifu ship, I suspect he's doing the best he can.. the shipping company maybe fucked it up.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:53:56 AM

There is a 36% shipping failure rate with these devices. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163703.0.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Fullsurface (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:00:20 AM

i think no more use of a proxy shipper is a must. I think people wood be willing to pay more four shipping and that takes away the problem of not knowing ware the boxes are buy dealing directly with the shipping company .instead of a proxy
A Meteorite

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 09:02:17 AM

There is a 36% shipping failure rate with these devices. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163703.0.
Also, i remember Yifu saying that they have the shipping numbers, but that they will not email them to us due to the time taken by such an enormous task. I will check for the source of this and update the post or remove it.
I think I speak for most people when I say that I'd rather accept a small delay in shipment (how long could it take? create a label, copy the tracking number to a form, and that's it?) than have a 36% chance of not seeing my miner 2 months after shipments began.

I can only hope that BitSyncom decides to modify how they do things just a bit for the second and third batches. Smiley Personally, I know I would have thrown another 1 BTC onto the shipping charge just to make sure I got an e-mail and a tracking number the moment they send it off to DHL or EMS. Making sure you get your miner on time is worth the 1 BTC, because losing even a few days would mean that much and more in lost mining (or in the case of some people who haven't received for all this time, much more than that).

BTC: 1MeTeorfxZNsY6gJDBtrF8JA8KEv6SKGUmLTC: Lejxgou6hUkjupF6RoruxJGG9AQ7t3ovYt
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 01:46:43 PM

This is a classic Chinese pump and dump con based on a minimum ship rate.
Something BFL could learn from.

1. create demand , by limiting stock
2.  partially ship product from batch 1
3. Introduce batch 2 at a highly inflated price
4. Ship partial batch 2 orders BEFORE completing batch 1 orders
5. enter Batch 3 orders at megga high prices 9k per unit, only take bitcoins not bank deposits, because its a business and this is about tax avoidance
6. start shipping minimum of batch 3 units before moving onto batch 4 , noting that batch 1 orders have not even been completed.

Something happens and it all goes tits up.

Its not about shipping stock or building a reliable company... its all about making money

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:17:40 PM

Oh well. Part of the fun is dealing with uncertainty. I'm a happy camper. Let Yifu ship, I suspect he's doing the best he can.. the shipping company maybe fucked it up.

Some day, I will dye a blue streak in my beard, and change all my nicks to ChaosSurfer.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:46:35 PM

6 non delivered units out of a batch of 300 is hardly 36%

I'm excluding libertybuck because there has to be a story behind that one.  (China people got their units first, shipping is far simpler inside the country)
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:00:05 PM

I'm excluding libertybuck because there has to be a story behind that one.  (China people got their units first, shipping is far simpler inside the country)
I'm basing on the data i have. I cannot take as sure that everyone who didn't received the units posted there.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:11:12 PM

I'm basing on the data i have. I cannot take as sure that everyone who didn't received the units posted there.

You can take as certain that nearly 300 Avalons are in the field.  Just look at the network hashrate during the time they were shipped.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:12:06 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 04:43:55 PM by cedivad

I'm excluding libertybuck because there has to be a story behind that one.  (China people got their units first, shipping is far simpler inside the country)

You can take as certain that nearly 300 Avalons are in the field.  Just look at the network hashrate during the time they were shipped.
Yes, but who is mining with them? The customers or DHL? Let's hope the survey to get more data.

jermwerty

Activity: 472

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:40:13 PM

You can take as certain that nearly 300 Avalons are in the field.  Just look at the network hashrate during the time they were shipped.

I don't understand how anyone can come to that conclusion.  ASICMINER has units out.  BTC is at $100+ even GPUs are profitable right now so there are people turning their rigs back on.

I just hope this downtime to re-arrange means Batch 2 goes smoothly.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:37:33 PM

5. enter Batch 3 orders at megga high prices 9k per unit, only take bitcoins not bank deposits, because its a business and this is about tax avoidance
6. start shipping minimum of batch 3 units before moving onto batch 4 , noting that batch 1 orders have not even been completed.

As a BitSyncom/Avalon fanboy, I feel the need to refute this crap. First off you might want to look up the definition of "pump and dump".

1. The demand for ASIC miners does not come from limited stock. It comes from the fact that a "bitcoin rush" is in full swing and ASIC's are basically magical money making machines.
2. They shipped out those initial units from batch #1 to prove they were legit which I am thank for for as it gave me the confidence to risk the precious BTC I've mined on batch #2. Batch 1 has now shipped.
3. A 25% increase is not a "highly inflated price", especially when you consider that the exchange rate has increased MUCH more than that.
4. Source? I have not seen any evidence that a single batch 2 order has been shipped. If a developer from batch 2 got special treatment, then so be it.
5. They priced batch #3 in BTC which is almost exactly the same price as batch #2. As the exchange rate goes up, so does profitability and the ROI in BTC is not effected by the exchange rate. I personally thought this was a great move. They are "true believers" and this decision gave leverage to people who already had "pre-rally" bitcoins which made it harder for the greedy folk to jump in with nothing but cash.
6. 100% FUD. There's no word of a batch 4 and batch 1 was completed weeks ago. Shipping/customs problems doesn't mean the batch wasn't completed.

Its not about shipping stock or building a reliable company... its all about making money
While I wouldn't say they've done a perfect job bringing ASIC to market, they have outperformed everybody else and could have made a LOT more money. Based on what I've seen, I believe that they are true believers that put the future of bitcoin before profits and are motivated by idealism instead of greed.

/$0.02
myrond

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:16:04 AM

2. They shipped out those initial units from batch #1 to prove they were legit which I am thank for for as it gave me the confidence to risk the precious BTC I've mined on batch #2. Batch 1 has now shipped.

<snip>

6. 100% FUD. There's no word of a batch 4 and batch 1 was completed weeks ago. Shipping/customs problems doesn't mean the batch wasn't completed.

Not all of batch 1 has shipped;  I think it is more like Batch 1 is shipping, not shipped.  Called today;  nothing has left HK via DHL for my zipcode.  They pulled all incoming packages to my zipcode (only two incoming packages worldwide, two of the packages were medical supplies NOT from HK).  It is easy for DHL to find stuff because DHL doesn't usually do business over here since they are not local.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:22:18 AM

Wow.... did you read my fcking mind? I'm from HK and i can say its so damn TYPICAL.! Couldnt agree more

Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:46:35 AM

Not all of batch 1 has shipped;  I think it is more like Batch 1 is shipping, not shipped.  Called today;  nothing has left HK via DHL for my zipcode.  They pulled all incoming packages to my zipcode (only two incoming packages worldwide, two of the packages were medical supplies NOT from HK).  It is easy for DHL to find stuff because DHL doesn't usually do business over here since they are not local.

I'm sorry to hear that, I can't imagine waiting for a batch 1 unit this long while watching the difficulty start to skyrocket! Must be extremely frustrating. You should post your info in this thread which shows 7 (out of 300) units are still outstanding. Obviously that's not EVERY missing unit but still not bad since it's less than 3% which isn't too surprising for International shipping. Sure, maybe there is a chance Yifu has your Avalon under his desk mining away, it has to be tempting, but the majority have been received so I'd say it's safe to assume they've all been shipped weeks ago as they stated and yours has run into problems.

Out of curiosity, where are you located? At any rate I feel your pain and hope your unit(s) get here soon! I have faith that BitSyncom will improve shipping in the next batches and hopefully provide tracking #'s this time.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:42:37 PM

I think most of what went wrong had to do with Avalon trying to beat the CNY mess.  That seemed to stall things for some weeks.

I think there were some other failures too in management (they mentioned having outsourced shipping entirely), in resource allocation, and in customer service.

I'm hoping Avalon has learned from the past, and will execute more smoothly when it comes to batches 2 and 3.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: