Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:18:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How valuable will 1 Bitcoin be 2 years from now?  (Voting closed: May 02, 2013, 07:48:12 AM)
$1000 - 30 (34.1%)
$5000 - 23 (26.1%)
$10,000 - 12 (13.6%)
$100 - 16 (18.2%)
More than we can fathom - 7 (8%)
Total Voters: 88

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How valuable will 1 Bitcoin be 2 years from now? Make an educated guess.  (Read 1715 times)
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:12:37 PM

Someone just posted this link in another thread about BTC in the FX news.

http://www.fxstreet.com/news/forex-news/article.aspx?storyid=5563c5e7-c344-4b98-8eef-17e5727e0b18

Now if BTC gets into the FX market, we're going much much higher.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BIT4BRAIN

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:26:17 PM

bit gap i know low $650 high $5000

I'd pick on avg $1000-1500 Smiley

฿it 4 ฿rain : ฿itcoin
razorfishsl

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 02:46:14 PM

Depends
if the EU are going to continue to do stupid things like steal 80% of peoples money.
if yes then crypto currencies will become BIG, but at the same time governments will do their best to limit them.

previously Bitcoin was a gimmick used by people wanting to buy drugs, but if the stupidity continues then people will invest, purely because there is nothing else, I mean 900% increase since September 2012

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
paradigm

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:40:42 PM

I already answered but I think you should have made a $0 option.  I'm sad to say this but there is probably about a 30% or so chance that within 2 years something will happen to make bitcoins worthless.  I hope it doesn't happen but the possibility is always there that something will happen such as the cryptography being broken or the governments all coming together to outlaw them or otherwise make them extremely unappealing to the point where they are worth under a penny.

But as I said if bitcoins stick around without something catastrophic happening I think somewhere around $200 per BTC is likely.
AndyPhillips

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:16:41 PM

They could also be worth alot less - maybe even nothing if someone somehow hacks the system and brings it crashing down.
zif33rs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:22:24 PM

I think between $500 and $1000.  BUY BUY BUY!

New to bitcoin? Want to mine? Not sure where to start out?
Check out www.hostedmining.com
Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:24:40 PM

I think that $1000 is a reasonable estimate, though probably slightly lower as it would be a huge psychological barrier to break to go over the $1000 mark. Probably $900-ish. I think that its likely that some small nation(s) would simply start accepting bitcoins as much as their own national currency in a couple of years, and just this small amount of adoption could drive up the price hugely. I can easily see some country that is currently in dire financial straights going "hey, lets copy Cayman Islands, only lets do it in Bitcoin, for style points." It just takes one country like that to crop up, or one rich guy deciding that he doesn't want his money taken by the EU and setting a trend, to cause the price to skyrocket.

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
HISTR

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:28:17 PM

First, I think that Pangea's comment about the ease of purchase is definitely valid.  The average Joe doesn't feel comfortable with the current mechanism.  To buy your first coins with USD there are several steps that must be taken that include either connecting your bank account to strange websites that you have never heard of, or wiring cold hard cash to "weird" addresses. I have talked about Bitcoin to a lot of friends and family, and none of them are even close to comfortable with the purchase process. 

Another problem is getting average Joe to even understand how Bitcoin works, since most people have a hard time finding the button to turn on their computer. 

Of course, this is all getting better, and easier.  But acquiring and using bitcoins has to be an absolute no-brainer process that grandma can do before we really see mainstream acceptance.  We are not even close to there yet.

Of course, I don't think that the value of bitcoins right now is something we should be concerned with.  What matters is how many people adopt BTC as merchants, consumers and investors.  It is the transaction volume, especially by people spending them on stuff, that will make the value go up.  If bitcoins come to represent even one percent of the global economy one BTC would be worth 100,000 USD, minimum.  Bitcoins are worth a little over $100 each, with the total value at just over 1 billion.  When compared to the global economy 1 billion is nothing.  You do the math.

What I find most encouraging is that BTC survived the crash from a couple of years ago.  Even if the price does collapse, as long as they are being used, by the end of this decade, or much sooner, current prices will seem ridiculously low.
Luckybit (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:59:33 PM

I see $300 end 2013 provided continuing turmoil in eurozone .If the euro cripples down, then $900 is a fair price..

My turn. I predict it will be over $1000 by the end of the year and most likely reach it during the end of summer early fall. I predict next year it will probably reach $10,000.
Luckybit (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:00:50 PM

This is really simple but I want the newbie perspective on this even though I lurk in the speculator section I consider myself new because I barely have 4-5 Bitcoins. The question is, how many much will those 4-5 Bitcoins be worth in a couple years?

Do you seriously believe that we can make a living doing this?

Make a living doing *what*? Trading virtual currency? Only if you are very lucky. Mining virtual currency? Only if you have a shit ton of money to spend on a mining rig.

Why would you need luck? I don't see what luck has to do with it. Buy a lot of coins, save them.
Luckybit (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:03:33 PM

It is hard to make an educated guess.

I think the price will be closely linked to its real-life-real-objects usage. Can you buy milk with Bitcoins in two years? If yes: Very valuable If no: Not so much.

(Substitute Milk with any other product)

The Bitcoin ATM will be here this year. Bitcoin will overtake Paypal within 2 years time. You'll be able to buy Milk from Peapod via Bitcoin within 2 years. So yeah, it's going to happen but how long it takes is the only question. Everything is in place for Bitcoin to eclipse Paypal and Paypal sucks politically for their economic censorship.
Nullvoid

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:13:23 PM

Depends on the economy really, but I'd say around 1000$ is a good guess,
This is really simple but I want the newbie perspective on this even though I lurk in the speculator section I consider myself new because I barely have 4-5 Bitcoins. The question is, how many much will those 4-5 Bitcoins be worth in a couple years?

Do you seriously believe that we can make a living doing this?
Tw1ser

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:01:29 PM

It might go back down to 100 or even 0! Or in other case scenarion it can rise to ~300$ per coin that's my guess
wgrand

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:05:13 PM

depends on how many bitcoins i manage to get in the next 2 years!
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:16:28 PM

I voted $1000... but I remember when they were $4  Cry 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: