Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All the wrong moves.  (Read 491 times)
SubSnake (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:31:46 AM

Yesterday, seeing the sharp increase in Bitcoin value, I invested everything back into the market. Before I knew it, the plunge took place and I witnessed BTC lose over $100 in value. What makes things worse is that every sell offer I made to pull out in time, was kept in pending as the prices continued to plummet. My asking price would be beaten by prices lowered $5-$10 every few minutes. As a result I gave up trying to sell them altogether and sadly rode the storm.

Now my funds sit at half of what they were originally. To break even, BTC will need to rise at least to $230 again. I'm feeling both unlucky and depressed. Not only did I lose a substantial amount of money, but I also lost a prime opportunity to buy Bitcoins at a low cost.

Has anybody else been hit as hard today? Do you see BTC soaring again, or has this golden opportunity burnt out? With prices hovering around/sinking below no more than $170 for the past few hours, I'm beginning to lose faith.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:37:34 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 05:57:32 AM by Blazr

Deleted this post, apparently I was wrong:

https://www.facebook.com/MtGox/posts/455962117821534

salt

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:40:21 AM

Speculating is a risky business. I think the future is very bright for BTC but there's still a lot of ecosystem and infrastructure that needs to be built.

Large swings are pretty standard, you are likely to lose your money eventually if you react to price fluctuations.
doobadoo

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:42:55 AM

We'll regain momentum and be back at $230 in no time...err...actually...what I meant to say was SELL NOW DO PANIC CUT LOSSES & GIVE ME MORE CHEAP COINS.

Here is a run-down on what happened:

Criminal's ddos attack BTCTalk + main exchanges in order to get BTC price to drop.
They bought cheap coins with the intention of making a hefty profit.

Doesn't take much of a genius to figure out what's going to happen over the next few days.

Not true, gox says it was just new accounts hitting their servers which froze.  They deny it was a ddos.  Check their twitter feed.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
SubSnake (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:44:58 AM

So this is without a doubt the fault of criminals?
What does DDOS exploitation do to BTC long term?
salt

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 06:32:09 AM

So this is without a doubt the fault of criminals?
What does DDOS exploitation do to BTC long term?

DDOS attacks don't mean much to BTC in the long term, since they target markets.  The underlying concepts are decoupled from the individual exchanges.  Hypothetically, events regarding the exchanges could influence the success of BTC by encouraging or stifling adoption.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: