Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:57:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you guys invest in this?  (Read 740 times)
dooner4 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:14:16 PM

Well I'm currently here to get a loan to own a music venue or recording studio in this local town. We only have one venue which is incredibly popular but overall it lacks good music most of the time and its quite small. There's a warehouse right across the street from me that is vacant and is probably going to be destroyed soon so I want to turn it into a venue (and a recording studio since this place is huge). Would you guys ever consider investing in this? Music will never die and everyone loves seeing live music and will pay for it minus an occasional free show (coming out of my pocket).
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:22:08 PM

Well I'm currently here to get a loan to own a music venue or recording studio in this local town. We only have one venue which is incredibly popular but overall it lacks good music most of the time and its quite small. There's a warehouse right across the street from me that is vacant and is probably going to be destroyed soon so I want to turn it into a venue (and a recording studio since this place is huge). Would you guys ever consider investing in this? Music will never die and everyone loves seeing live music and will pay for it minus an occasional free show (coming out of my pocket).
Well, you're at the wrong forum for this. We're not a loaning forum or anything remotely related to angel investing.

You need sites like:

http://www.kiva.org/
http://www.kickstarter.com/
dooner4 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:24:35 PM

Bitcointalk has a loan section, correct?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:27:41 PM

Bitcointalk has a loan section, correct?
Yes, we have one. However, please refrain the thought that we're an easy place for loans or anything. I'm just warning you in advance before you post there though, feel free to take a look at past threads there.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:28:58 PM

It's refreshing to see people who want to keep things alive and dive into the various complex responsibilities of managing a studio, the property and the various difficulties of sustaining an income, but I would have to kindly decline on the grounds that music as we know it *is* dead. The current trend for the future of music is leaning towards home production (think Owl City), not necessarily places run by some dude who had a dream. Just the same, if you have the business side figured out, share that part first. Anyone wanting to invest will most likely only care about the likelihood of seeing a return on said investment. If you're just doing this because you want to, I suspect no one will be willing to foot the bill for such a misadventure.

There was a user on these forums who once asked for a $500,000 loan to purchase and restore an old movie theater. He was met with very logical and thought-out responses that all led to the conclusion that it'd be a money pit. Unless there is something unique and special about this place, I would assume the same to be true for you.

Don't be discouraged by this! Not every opportunity needs to be acted on. Keep looking out for more opportunities. If you find the right one, you won't even need to ask for help, people will be asking you.

dooner4 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:32:21 PM

Well very soon I'll be writing a full proposal for the masses on these projects. Just not today because it will take a while before I get the pricing, people, and various other things all set up. All I got is the place so far.

Btw, Music is NOT dead. Just because electronic music is made, doesn't mean people don't use actual instruments still.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:34:35 PM

A follow-up question: why aren't you taking photos of the place, making an introduction video, and using Kickstarter or Indiegogo? Why ask the bitcoin community, a place rampant with scammers making new accounts all the time to making grandiose claims of abilities only to end up running off with the irreversible transactions entrusted to them?

TCollar

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:37:14 PM

Try thinking of another use for the space.  Music will always be around but quality recordings are not as in demand as we think they are, and if they are needed there are established studios that can do that.  Your project would try to tap into the DIY market most likely and it won't work because you will be competing with cheaper and more powerful technology that can be run from people's home computers.

My advice is to not be discouraged but to go look at the space again and start thinking about something other than a recording studio and see if that would work.

dooner4 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:49:57 PM

A follow-up question: why aren't you taking photos of the place, making an introduction video, and using Kickstarter or Indiegogo? Why ask the bitcoin community, a place rampant with scammers making new accounts all the time to making grandiose claims of abilities only to end up running off with the irreversible transactions entrusted to them?

Whoa whoa, relax. I just asked if you guys would invest, I'm not asking for donations yet. I said previously that I still have a lot of work to do.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:52:38 PM

Whoa whoa, relax. I just asked if you guys would invest, I'm not asking for donations yet. I said previously that I still have a lot of work to do.

Okay, sure. But that doesn't answer my question. Kickstarter and Indiegogo are great for projects like this. These forums are just a good place to get doxxed for asking for money. The forums are full of libertarians who will only support you if you are selling GPU-fan-dried-strawberries as a form of protest against the man. (Just kidding)

dooner4 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:10:02 PM

This forum wasn't gonna be the only support, thats an awful idea. It was just gonna help, not be the main force for me.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:18:23 PM

This forum wasn't gonna be the only support, thats an awful idea. It was just gonna help, not be the main force for me.

That's good! Sorry for the OT, but do you happen to play an instrument yourself?

dooner4 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:35:43 PM

That's good! Sorry for the OT, but do you happen to play an instrument yourself?

I currently play acoustic guitar with a little electric guitar experience. Bass was my instrument and its probably the easiest thing for me since I'm good at making bass lines and finger picking while I suck at strumming in general. Currently looking to get into drums next.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:36:53 PM

I currently play acoustic guitar with a little electric guitar experience. Bass was my instrument and its probably the easiest thing for me since I'm good at making bass lines and finger picking while I suck at strumming in general. Currently looking to get into drums next.

That's cool! We need more musicians here on the forums. Next time you put something up let me know, I'd love to have a listen.

dooner4 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:27:59 PM

Actually should be recording something soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: