Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:52:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone else drag through the day and then come alive at night?  (Read 2259 times)
Maxxx (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:22:06 AM

I can't keep my eyes open through the day, yet, come night, I am wide awake. What it do, body?

Time is money. This means that if you have spare time, you can use it to make money.

Modular, open, and stack-able miner case.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anthony_

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:27:24 AM

I can't keep my eyes open through the day, yet, come night, I am wide awake. What it do, body?

Night owls unite!
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 09:41:21 AM

I have the same, slept 2houres this night so will be another zombieday at work. And I know when I come home and when every normal person his eyes would fall down when it's evening I get more and more awake.

Something that can help changing that is discipline, get every night at the same time to bed and out of your bed, try not to use your computer, console or tv 1 hour before you go to bed and read a good book or get outside, do something relaxing not behind a screen. Helps for me but I never have the discipline to do this for a long period  Grin

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 09:43:02 AM

I'm the same way, if i see the sun, i just want to close my eyes.... this may also be due to the fact that the sun is burning my retnas..b ut hey!

ZOMG Moo!
smellyBobby

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 10:34:51 AM

Its got to do with your circadian rhythm. Some people function cognitively better in the morning others at night. If you want to change it, you need blue light therapy. Basically a blue light( it has to be of a specific wavelength) comes on before the sun rises, thereby distorting your bodies perception of time. I built one and it works, I used it to stay alert later into the night, it was weird at 9pm it felt like early afternoon, but my eyes kept wanting to close...... Ahh the wonders of the body.

I need a job!!!!

Justice Dragons: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=16351.msg267881#msg267881

Help me buy deodorant!!! 17bmVSoD8QNBLaPDRAXkFdapBPdgA72YjB
TheRandomGuy

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:58:39 PM

Wow. This is super super true.

BTC: 1wbGAAabrsu8pjVXWUQvjUUhe18e721K2
FAUCET ROTATOR SCRIPT
Maxxx (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 05:27:12 AM

I have the same, slept 2houres this night so will be another zombieday at work. And I know when I come home and when every normal person his eyes would fall down when it's evening I get more and more awake.

Something that can help changing that is discipline, get every night at the same time to bed and out of your bed, try not to use your computer, console or tv 1 hour before you go to bed and read a good book or get outside, do something relaxing not behind a screen. Helps for me but I never have the discipline to do this for a long period  Grin

Yeah I have a treasure hunting vacation planned sometime later into the fall and will be where there is no access to any network cept maybe GPS for miles and miles. I'm looking forward to that even though I have a bit of anxiety from leaving my online habits off for a week or so. It's my work, and it's addicting.

As for computer habits, I sometimes fall asleep at my keyboard coding and wake up in the morning and crawl to bed. It just ain't healthy lol I don't support the cable networks or anything so any media I get is through online resources only and not cable TV, so no probs with the TV. It's just stepping away from the computer I suppose that I have a problem with. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to "the computer", just what I do with it.

Its got to do with your circadian rhythm. Some people function cognitively better in the morning others at night. If you want to change it, you need blue light therapy. Basically a blue light( it has to be of a specific wavelength) comes on before the sun rises, thereby distorting your bodies perception of time. I built one and it works, I used it to stay alert later into the night, it was weird at 9pm it felt like early afternoon, but my eyes kept wanting to close...... Ahh the wonders of the body.

That sounds pretty awesome tbh. Although I don't want to change it, but maybe I would if I experienced being awake during the day as I do at night. I think I like the cool air and it being easy to conceal oneself. I used to sneak out at night and do all sorts of crazy shit as a kid.

Time is money. This means that if you have spare time, you can use it to make money.

Modular, open, and stack-able miner case.
bitjet

Activity: 696
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 05:48:32 AM

Im the same way. I do my best work at night it seems.
RonnieP

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:01:26 AM

Screw you guys. I operate best if I shock awake (via loud alarm clock) at 4 or 5 am and get sleepy around 11pm or so no matter how hard I try to stay awake. Hell I could be completely stimmed out and fall asleep at 2am.....totally jealous:(
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:30:55 AM

Night owls unite!

Myself, my wife and three of our kids are night owls.  The last kid is a morning person, screws us all up.

All my kids are homeschooled by my wife, and I'm a late shift working man.  Try sleeping to 10 am before breakfast and then starting school in your PJ's at 11 am.  They don't know what it's like riding a school bus, much less waiting for one before dark in the snow.  They still complain anyway, so sometimes I threaten to give them weggies and stuff them into their lockers, just so they will better know what the alternative is.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:32:11 AM

Screw you guys. I operate best if I shock awake (via loud alarm clock) at 4 or 5 am and get sleepy around 11pm or so no matter how hard I try to stay awake. Hell I could be completely stimmed out and fall asleep at 2am.....totally jealous:(

I don't go to sleep until 3am normally.  I've seen the sunrise before bed on more than one abnormal night.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: