Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:50:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 669 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ARK - DPoS 🔹 ARK Protokol 🔹 MarketSquare 🔹 IPFS 🔹 Staking on Binance 🔹  (Read 781257 times)
nemwanderer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:00:29 PM

Hmm, ok, I'm just trying to be devil's advocate since there is so much optimism around here. I am actually fairly long myself and in a sense I'm trying to test my own thinking.

I assume many of us in this thread are long and like it higher. But we need to be self-critical and think about the "what-ifs." That's all I'm doing.

It seems Ark has been forgotten in the recent rally the last few days. Something interesting to think about at the very least.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zenoru

Activity: 170

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:48:42 AM

Hmm, ok, I'm just trying to be devil's advocate since there is so much optimism around here. I am actually fairly long myself and in a sense I'm trying to test my own thinking.

I assume many of us in this thread are long and like it higher. But we need to be self-critical and think about the "what-ifs." That's all I'm doing.

It seems Ark has been forgotten in the recent rally the last few days. Something interesting to think about at the very least.

Yeah, the big focus lately has been on ethereum and tokens. But the market volume is still good and Ark has held strong despite people selling off during the bitcoin rally to all time highs. We're still well above ICO price and even actuallly gained a bit of USD value and are not that far off from the all time high. I think Ark should rally as people look for cheaper but great platforms.. Ethereum is great and I see a good long term future, but for the short term I think its price is quite high.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 09:50:32 AM

author=toknormal link=topic=1927772.msg19153779#msg19153779 date=1495530085]

I have some Ethereum but I see it as an extremely risky investment long term. Sure it could keep going up, but what exactly are we investing in ?

If you think you are investing in the business models (DAO's) that run on it, think again. As far as those are concerned the blockchains are interchangeable. What happens when a successful DAO decides it wants to move to the next latest and greatest platform - be it Tezos, Rootstock, Ether Classic, whatever ? No problem ! They just create new tokens on the competing chain and supply them on a 1 to 1 exchange basis for the 'old' ones.

Thats the problem with these smart contract chains. There's an airgap between the base token and the real value source.

That airgap isn't there with the monetary blockchains. If you own Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Monero, Dogue, Peercoin, Unobtanium, Jackpotcoin you own it because the coin itself has value. There ain't no replacing it with another chain because it ain't itself any more. Whereas with a DAO token, you can move it to another chain and it's STILL itself.

I therefore regard these smart contract tokens with extreme caution when it comes to holding them as store of value. Monetary tokens can keep going up forever. Smart contract tokens can have the value drained out of them one day by a competing technology and for it never to come back. Consider investing in electronic typewriters in the 1970's. You'd have made a lot of money as long as you got out at some point. But if you held till the end of the 80's you'd be broke. Meanwhile if you'd held precious metal throughout you'd be fine.

Therefore the general rule is:

Monetary Blockchain Tokens: Real Gold
Smart contract Blockchain Tokens: Fools Gold

Smart Contract blockchain tokens = the 'Electronic Typewriter Shares' of the 21st century Wink

good and clear explanation!

in the future people can pretty much creating token/coin/contract/dao on Ark platform and move or exchange their Eth token/contract there. Ark is just one of many better platform coming next and soon there will be many, ark with better scalability network, larger(current 200tps) and fast transactions.
i see Ark is cracking this code wide open.

hey ark people, is this pretty much sum up SmartBridge?

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
nemwanderer

Activity: 230

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:53:18 PM

I have some Ethereum but I see it as an extremely risky investment long term. Sure it could keep going up, but what exactly are we investing in ?

If you think you are investing in the business models (DAO's) that run on it, think again. As far as those are concerned the blockchains are interchangeable. What happens when a successful DAO decides it wants to move to the next latest and greatest platform - be it Tezos, Rootstock, Ether Classic, whatever ? No problem ! They just create new tokens on the competing chain and supply them on a 1 to 1 exchange basis for the 'old' ones.

Thats the problem with these smart contract chains. There's an airgap between the base token and the real value source.

That airgap isn't there with the monetary blockchains. If you own Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Monero, Dogue, Peercoin, Unobtanium, Jackpotcoin you own it because the coin itself has value. There ain't no replacing it with another chain because it ain't itself any more. Whereas with a DAO token, you can move it to another chain and it's STILL itself.

I therefore regard these smart contract tokens with extreme caution when it comes to holding them as store of value. Monetary tokens can keep going up forever. Smart contract tokens can have the value drained out of them one day by a competing technology and for it never to come back. Consider investing in electronic typewriters in the 1970's. You'd have made a lot of money as long as you got out at some point. But if you held till the end of the 80's you'd be broke. Meanwhile if you'd held precious metal throughout you'd be fine.

Smart Contract blockchain tokens = the 'Electronic Typewriter Shares' of the 21st century Wink

in the future people can pretty much creating token/coin/contract/dao on Ark platform and move or exchange their Eth token/contract there. Ark is just one of many better platform coming next and soon there will be many, ark with better scalability network, larger(current 200tps) and fast transactions.

Excellent explanation but you'll have to pardon my ignorance:

Among the top 10 coins, which do you see as smart contract coins, versus monetary coins? And how does Ark fit in there?

Zimtente

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Quack.

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:52:58 AM

Among the top 10 coins, which do you see as smart contract coins, versus monetary coins? And how does Ark fit in there?

yeah also curious... would be interesting to know!
mfgex

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:18:35 PM

ARK looks ready to fly like its cousin Lisk pretty soon Smiley
Zeehenk

Activity: 399
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:43:00 PM

Looks like it's taking off already! 50% value increase over 2 days!! Smiley

soupapinto

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

I hope to buy on monday or tuesday, with bonus pay. please price stop increasing! Sad
HelioHash

Activity: 176

https://twitter.com/HelioHash

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 02:06:19 PM

I hope to buy on monday or tuesday, with bonus pay. please price stop increasing! Sad

Not going to happen Cheesy
Going back to 0.0003 and high

vote for delegate heliohash on Ark mainnet.
80% profit sharing with voters every Friday. https://twitter.com/HelioHash
1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 04:25:22 PM

Can I withdraw this to an Ethereum wallet or do I have to use the Ark client 

PM me, not checking

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
Zenoru

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:17:26 PM

We're almost back to our all time high Cheesy
pumz

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:19:56 PM

Where do you watch all time high ? It is at 14000 satoshi at Bittrex right now which isn't even the half price of all time high where it was being traded couple of weeks ago. I think you missed to check the trading history or messed up with information.
Angel Di

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

EVOS

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:41:43 PM

Now everything is growing so much, even for all time is not enough. I have been following the work of the team from the beginning. Hopefully in the future they will become great.
zillionnn

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 05:45:25 PM

Where do you watch all time high ? It is at 14000 satoshi at Bittrex right now which isn't even the half price of all time high where it was being traded couple of weeks ago. I think you missed to check the trading history or messed up with information.

Don't forget that Bitcoin wasn't $2400+ at that time.
Zenoru

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:14:31 PM

I'm talking about the USD high..that's most important to me and every other serious investor because we still buy most things in USD (or other fiat currency).
zillionnn

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 06:30:40 PM

I'm talking about the USD high..that's most important to me and every other serious investor because we still buy most things in USD (or other fiat currency).

That's exactly what I meant, I was replying to pumz.
Zenoru

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:44:03 PM

That's exactly what I meant, I was replying to pumz.

Ah yes, thanks - I was replying to him too but quoted you accidentally. Sorry about the confusion Smiley
techbytes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:33:28 PM

Play the ARK French Open Grand Slam Bracket Challenge to win some precious $ARK.

-tb-

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 01:54:22 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 06:35:05 AM by benthach

i'm not ark expert or team so i don't know much about it sorry. token/smart contract platform at top 10 are eth, eth classic, and nem. also know any coin can have token/smart contract platform like rootstock  smart contract platform is for bitcoin. what these smart contracts platform don't have is Interoperability blockchains like Ark do.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
veeral

Activity: 124

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:33:08 AM

I'm new here. Can someone explain what this French grand slam is? I read the blog. Couldn't understand it.

Is it a physical event or a virtual (digital) event? What's the venue?
What is meant by filling brackets after countdown?

Is there any kind of walkthrough/guide on it?

Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 669 »
  Print  

Jump to: