Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:54:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the idea about peer to peer virtual network  (Read 1438 times)
nikola.marconi (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 02:48:25 AM

hey guys, have been researching and working on the idea and will be appreciated for any feedback on the idea.. the problems that trying to solve; better privacy & security on internet from cyber treats and surveillance, better internet device management/security including wireless, and decentralized virtual network/software defined. To address and solve these problems, the idea is the platform where the people can access and build decentralized virtual public and private network.. basically peer to peer; paid faster tor or vpn, fair and secure sharing of internet connection and its related resources (decentralized computing), and software-defined decentralized virtual network.. any thought about it?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbankpro

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:00:50 AM

good idea) do you have prototype?
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 02:08:13 PM

There's a service offering called Hamachi that sounds a little like what you're thinking about building. An open source version of it would probably be interesting, not sure how much demand there would be for it though.
nikola.marconi (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:05:50 PM

yes, for research purpose for now.
nikola.marconi (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:15:25 PM

There's a service offering called Hamachi that sounds a little like what you're thinking about building. An open source version of it would probably be interesting, not sure how much demand there would be for it though.
right, but what I see from those services; they are centralized and powered by private organizations or individuals and if you happened to watch another private corporate vs government surveillance; just recent, Yahoo's mail security breach and scanning all incoming data by government. and it's same for all existing or similar services to VPN; centralized and targeted for government surveillance program as services are getting bigger and since it's not decentralized, so it is easy for surveillance. Also I don't see all those services and products have its own ecosystem like coin/token to manage and control service/product by powered by people, not private corps. no earn and use, on those central services, correct? and tor still slow for me..
nikola.marconi (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:31:46 PM

One of another main point is the people can contribute and build services/own network on the platform which has internet accesses on-demand with better security and privacy. like how tor/onion services are existing today even performance is not great. it's just start/base unit to test out/measure distributed computing since these days all computing devices need to talk to 'internet' in order to be useful and part of internet. later, example, you should able to rent such your IP/bandwidth securely/anonymously or other internet related to resources to peers and peers should able to use those software defined internet tools to build private public services uses.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 09:33:26 PM

If you could upload the source to github, I could help you work on it. What have you done so far?

This is all very interesting. A new release in the tor/vpn department hasn't been seen for a while.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
nikola.marconi (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 10:02:29 PM

If you could upload the source to github, I could help you work on it. What have you done so far?

This is all very interesting. A new release in the tor/vpn department hasn't been seen for a while.
for now, like to get some feedback and critics to get more concrete foundations.. probably wp first.. and for sure later Smiley

any suggestion or thought for improvements or critics about it? will try to answer what I can..
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:21:35 AM

Well this idea is amazing, but we have something like this already. I am talking about Tunngle and Hamachi virtual networks.
I am not sure about their encryption and security level and overall level of usefulness - as they were created as some sort virtual LAN for gaming environments.
But I think idea behind them is similar. Op, do you have anything beside preliminary plans of this project? Early build, some lines of code already compiled?
nikola.marconi (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:37:23 AM

Well this idea is amazing, but we have something like this already. I am talking about Tunngle and Hamachi virtual networks.
I am not sure about their encryption and security level and overall level of usefulness - as they were created as some sort virtual LAN for gaming environments.
But I think idea behind them is similar. Op, do you have anything beside preliminary plans of this project? Early build, some lines of code already compiled?
Right, the purpose is similar, but again those both and many of existing ones are centralized structure and service which can be easy target for surveillance/cyber treats, not sure for storing and transmitting any important/secret/private data.. if I am missing something, please point me out.. like any service like that.. And this is just to build the base; believe that near future and soon, wireless communications will become main medium for exchange information between most of modern computing devices and wire will become the medium to flush out information to backbones.. one of focus on the research was serverless/cross-platform as much possible, so true peer to peer mesh is possible; so far confirmed on *nix(most),win from this research. it's depends on interests in communities for more efforts and, also that's why want to see some feedback on idea first..
bbankpro

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 06:27:57 AM

want to see some feedback on idea first

idea is good, again ))
but, how it can work?what stuffs people need to use p2p private network?
typical people are stupid and lazy, but each typical man/woman wants to take everything from life.
so, they will love your privacy opportunities but they want to make as less action as it possible.
can you provide solutions that do not involve the brain for use p2p privacy for windows, mac, linux?
what you need to publish your solution?
and, do you want to take a fee from users?
nikola.marconi (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 11:44:20 PM

want to see some feedback on idea first

idea is good, again ))
but, how it can work?what stuffs people need to use p2p private network?
typical people are stupid and lazy, but each typical man/woman wants to take everything from life.
so, they will love your privacy opportunities but they want to make as less action as it possible.
can you provide solutions that do not involve the brain for use p2p privacy for windows, mac, linux?
what you need to publish your solution?
and, do you want to take a fee from users?
abstractly, it will use hugely network simulation and visualization techniques to adapt in current old/modern networking/computing systems. And can tell you this from research - just double click/executable with 1-2 config file to connect the network to function. I can't tell technical detail yet, but probably within wp/yp which describe milestones and some details. stay tune! no user = no mesh, more user is better for the network. so hopefully ux will be good enough for everyone and agree that this is for everyone, not for the people understand technical.. since peer to peer meant for everyone, not certain group of people with secrecy.. fee is 'coin' which you can earn from reverse way by providing resource from the network. for now, need more interests to move forward Smiley
nikola.marconi (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:02:37 AM

does anyone want to try still? as current state, it's like distributed vpn or virtual network, yet with blockchain.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:14:26 AM

I'm not a technical person, but what will differentiate it from TOR service, I do read on Tor website that one too can run a node to help the service and make it more anonymous
nikola.marconi (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:50:37 AM

why not all your connections to be secure and obfuscated for better privacy on demand. TOR, problem is performance. let's say in this way, it's paid TOR but pathes are optimized, so it's faster and shared economy where you can share internet connection fair and securely..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: