Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:07:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to kill LTC for dummies  (Read 2713 times)
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:00:27 PM

1)bulletproof server costs more than $300.
I don't see necessity for bulletproof server. For Pool? For C&C? Both can run on either VPS or .onion.
I fail to see how mining on a bot net will kill LTC.
Mining will not kill. 51% will kill.
as soon as the users notice their crappy, slow computers are being even crappier, slower they will do something about it (you/botherder will lose bots)
I tell about 30 to 40% might notice slowdown and do something about it. Remaining 60% are so dumb that nothing will make them think about something being wrong. Including constantly opening/closing DVD tray. Still the possibility to lose 30% of bots is idea many bot herders don't welcome.
botnet machines are, for obvious reasons usually much lower-spec hardware. cpu or gpu.
Because only stupid people buy low-end computers. And only stupid people are part of botnet.
Still the most vulnerable OS is that good old XP, and who is running XP on any decent hardware these days, come on
XP have more security flaws but the reason is that XP distribution is much easier to modify to include rootkit and distribute. And XP also runs everything as admin vs Win7 who needs to launch with elevated privileges for malware to survive reboots.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tgsrge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:16:08 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 09:58:37 PM by tgsrge

Because only stupid people buy low-end computers. And only stupid people are part of botnet.
you cited the wrong reasons, and the wrong reasoning, but yes, pretty much with a few exceptions you can expect botnet machines to be below average.

I don't see necessity for bulletproof server. For Pool? For C&C? Both can run on either VPS or .onion.
yes. you dont even need centralized c&c these days. it depends on the specific botnet. all i said is that bulletproof costs more than $300 if that's the route you will go.

I tell about 30 to 40% might notice slowdown and do something about it. Remaining 60% are so dumb that nothing will make them think about something being wrong. Including constantly opening/closing DVD tray. Still the possibility to lose 30% of bots is idea many bot herders don't welcome.
you can expect botherders to be VERY fucking pissed if you make them lose bots

Mining will not kill. 51% will kill.
yes, you expend a sizeable chunk of your botnet (which would otherwise be making A LOT of money) to 51% the network with unsure results, at the cost that you may lose a good portion of those bots. good job, you just put your botnet to the worst possible use you could ever put it to. i'm not saying a few people in eastern europe & other locations couldnt do it, but rather that atleast tentatively they have no specific reason to do it, or even to cooperate in letting/making it happen.

again: the botnet threat is grossly over exaggerated.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:24:32 PM

5. Get $5000 a day.

I don't have time for this shit so I throw it away. LTC is shit.

GET $5000 A DAY

THROW IT AWAY

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: