Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:31:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding bitcoin deposit to website  (Read 1321 times)
TheRiot (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 07:12:51 PM

Hello
I want to add bitcoin deposits to my site so i would like to know which wallet is best to use.
I found bitpay but business account takes 1% transaction fee, is there anything else i can use or do ?
Thanks for any help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 07:34:18 PM

Use a local watch only wallet on the server itself to give out addresses.

TheRiot (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 08:11:35 PM

can you explain it more please ? And thanks for your reply  Smiley
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 09:08:53 PM

Use a trusted and offline wallet to generate an address. https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
You can then simply post the public address on your site and people.

Bitcoin is peer to peer, meaning you don't need a third party to handle your money.
friendsofbitcoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:13:22 PM

https://gear.mycelium.com/  is a good free solution. Coinbase is also free for the first million dollars - https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1277919-what-fees-does-coinbase-charge-for-merchant-processing-
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 03:15:47 AM

Can you describe a little more about your use case?

If you just want to receive bitcoins for donations you can simply through a QR code of your address on your site.

If you're looking to process payments for selling items and services then things start to get a little more complicated. Most people go with a third party service to make the integration a little easier. So paying a fee is for the convenience of not having to code your own solution from scratch. There are some options that don't take a fee, but you'll need to know how to do some development on your own.   

If you're looking to accepting deposits for users so they can buy/sell/gamble bitcoin with other users on your site then it gets even more complicated.

btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 06:56:38 AM

Hello
I want to add bitcoin deposits to my site so i would like to know which wallet is best to use.
I found bitpay but business account takes 1% transaction fee, is there anything else i can use or do ?
Thanks for any help

You can go with Desktop wallet, just download the desktop wallet like electrum, which i am using and till now dont got any problem, after installing you will get bitcoin address to receive the bitcoins, Just pick one address and post it in your site. After that when ever anyone wanted to purchase goods from your site they will just deposit bitcoin in your wallet address and you can check it in your wallet and as soon as you have received the bitcoins you can proceed with your product delivery.

It is very simple you dont have to go for any other person to deal it with, it is just like bank , where you get account number and you post it in your site and they transfer the money. Only difference is the cost is very less to manage against Bank account managing.
TheRiot (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 07:33:43 AM

If you just want to receive bitcoins for donations you can simply through a QR code of your address on your site.

If you're looking to process payments for selling items and services then things start to get a little more complicated. Most people go with a third party service to make the integration a little easier. So paying a fee is for the convenience of not having to code your own solution from scratch. There are some options that don't take a fee, but you'll need to know how to do some development on your own.   

If you're looking to accepting deposits for users so they can buy/sell/gamble bitcoin with other users on your site then it gets even more complicated.

Hello, I'm looking for accepting deposits from users, the 3rd party service is the last choice.
TheRiot (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 07:43:45 AM

Hello
Thanks for any help

You can go with Desktop wallet, just download the desktop wallet like electrum, which i am using and till now dont got any problem, after installing you will get bitcoin address to receive the bitcoins, Just pick one address and post it in your site. After that when ever anyone wanted to purchase goods from your site they will just deposit bitcoin in your wallet address and you can check it in your wallet and as soon as you have received the bitcoins you can proceed with your product delivery.

It is very simple you dont have to go for any other person to deal it with, it is just like bank , where you get account number and you post it in your site and they transfer the money. Only difference is the cost is very less to manage against Bank account managing.

Thanks for your advice but Im looking for bitcoin deposits same as some gamble websites
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:58:40 AM

Hello
Thanks for any help

Thanks for your advice but Im looking for bitcoin deposits same as some gamble websites

But why do you want to go like gambling sites as they are doing this for each customers as they have to be unique but if you are going for selling commodities to sell then i dont think that you will be needing that way.
TheRiot (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 09:03:14 AM

Hello
Thanks for any help

But why do you want to go like gambling sites as they are doing this for each customers as they have to be unique but if you are going for selling commodities to sell then i dont think that you will be needing that way.

It's for player vs player game
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 09:05:46 AM

If i read it correct you want something like coinpayments.net
If you want to make your own you can use api's from the 3rd party wallet providers.
or run your own demon and take complete contol

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 03:10:52 PM

Hello, I'm looking for accepting deposits from users, the 3rd party service is the last choice.

You'll need to run bitcoind on a VPS - most 3rd parties aren't okay with being the backbone to gambling sites.
Use bitcoind's JSON-RPC to communicate with the wallet and your web server.
Create a member login system where every new user is assigned a unique address from your bitcoind wallet.
Use walletnotify to monitor for new deposits.
On new deposits compare the receiving address to your database of users to identify which user deposited funds and credit their account accordingly.

It might be a selfish promotion, but my book goes over how to do this. The last chapter is creating a game with bitcoind and how to accept deposits.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: