Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:56:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Avalon 85Gh/s ASIC - Auction, ends within 24 hours!  (Read 11310 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:21:57 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 02:13:46 PM by John (John K.)

This auction will end in:
Timer removed. End time: 2013-04-08+11:00:00

Avalons all-out, first batch botched, seeking security?

There seems to be an influx of newbies trying to "group-buy" an Avalon (something I personally think will not end well for many just as most mining investments never did due to infighting, theft, etc). The point of these group-buys is that they allow multiple individuals to share in the cost and rewards, but entrust a complete stranger (and in these cases, a newbie with no reputation at all). The downside is that there are no guarantees that the individual will not just run out on them.

If you're actually interested in paying money now (BTC) to get shared profits in an Avalon miner for the future, I have a proposition that can help you achieve your goals while helping me build a trustworthy reputation here again after 2 years of trolling (and serious business endeavors).

A single Avalon ASIC, 85Gh/s (4 modules) will be sent from China to Korea in May (Batch 3). It has already been purchased free and clear, with funds that are mine and not loaned from others. I am auctioning off up to 50% of the profits of this device in the form of shares. To clarify, there will be 100 shares, 50 shares of which will be owned by me, the rest are to be auctioned here.

Please read these two pages of information carefully before making a decision so that you are well informed before placing your bid.

Please understand that with these new ASIC rollouts, GPUs will be less and less profitable, and as far as I am aware, there are no other serious competitors to Avalon at this time in terms of performance and delivery. I may be biased since I am an Avalon owner, but I feel that if you don't have an Avalon, you'll be the only one left out.

For those familiar with the forum's advertising space auctions, this auction will be very familiar to you.

Auction rules

Post your bids in this thread. Prices must be stated in BTC per slot. You must state the max number of slots you want. When the auction ends, the highest bidders will have their slots filled until all eight slots are filled.

So if someone bids for 7 slots @ 5 BTC and this is the highest bid, then he'll get all 7 slots. If the two highest bids are 7 slots @ 4 BTC and 1 slot @ 5 BTC, then the first person will get 6 slots and the second person will get 1 slot.

The notation "2 @ 5" means 2 slots for 5 BTC each. Not 2 slots for 5 BTC total.

- When you post a bid, the bids in your previous posts are considered to be automatically canceled. You can put multiple bids in one post, however.
- All bid prices must be evenly divisible by 0.25.
- The bidding starts at 0.5.
- I will end the auction at an arbitrary time no more than 12 days from now. (I will probably end the auction 1-3 days before the ads are scheduled to go up.)
- If two people bid at the same price, the person who bid first will have his slots filled first.
- Bids are considered invalid and will be ignored if they do not specify both a price and a max quantity, or if they could not possibly win any slots

If these rules are confusing, look at some of the past forum ad auctions to see how it's done. I also post periodic status updates which should help make things clear.

You must pay for your slots within 24 hours of receiving the payment address. Otherwise your slots may be sold to someone else.

Hosting of the ASIC will of course be provided by me, and electricity costs will be deducted before profits are paid. Profits will be paid out on a weekly basis. This is not a business, there are no "voting shares" or any nonsense like that. Just profit sharing based on the percentage you purchased.

Please click the link in my signature to decide on your own if I am trustworthy enough to do business with, and as always, never put more money into bitcoin that you can't afford to lose. I feel that even at a potential loss for myself, this will be an important step in restoring a trustworthy reputation on this forum and allowing people to see that I am seriously committed to changing my odd behavior of the past.

Thank you for reading and let the bidding begin at 0.5BTC x 50 shares!

Note: Moderators please quote this for later evidence against tampering.

show us proof, like the email receipt.

Please read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163795.0

I'll share it with Tysat since he's a moderator here and he can either confirm or deny my claim of receiving one here in Korea.

I can confirm that he has an order for a batch 3 Avalon that's been paid.

No need to worry about there not being a unit.

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:27:05 PM

There seems to be an influx of newbies trying to "group-buy" an Avalon (something I personally think will not end well for many just as most mining investments never did due to infighting, theft, etc). The point of these group-buys is that they allow multiple individuals to share in the cost and rewards, but entrust a complete stranger (and in these cases, a newbie with no reputation at all). The downside is that there are no guarantees that the individual will not just run out on them.

If you're actually interested in paying money now (BTC) to get shared profits in an Avalon miner for the future, I have a proposition that can help you achieve your goals while helping me build a trustworthy reputation here again after 2 years of trolling (and serious business endeavors).

A single Avalon ASIC, 85Gh/s (4 modules) will be sent from China to Korea in May (Batch 3). It has already been purchased free and clear, with funds that are mine and not loaned from others. I am auctioning off up to 50% of the profits of this device in the form of shares. To clarify, there will be 100 shares, 50 shares of which will be owned by me, the rest are to be auctioned here.

Please read these two pages of information carefully before making a decision so that you are well informed before placing your bid.

Please understand that with these new ASIC rollouts, GPUs will be less and less profitable, and as far as I am aware, there are no other serious competitors to Avalon at this time in terms of performance and delivery. I may be biased since I am an Avalon owner, but I feel that if you don't have an Avalon, you'll be the only one left out.

For those familiar with the forum's advertising space auctions, this auction will be very familiar to you.

Auction rules

Post your bids in this thread. Prices must be stated in BTC per slot. You must state the max number of slots you want. When the auction ends, the highest bidders will have their slots filled until all eight slots are filled.

So if someone bids for 7 slots @ 5 BTC and this is the highest bid, then he'll get all 7 slots. If the two highest bids are 7 slots @ 4 BTC and 1 slot @ 5 BTC, then the first person will get 6 slots and the second person will get 1 slot.

The notation "2 @ 5" means 2 slots for 5 BTC each. Not 2 slots for 5 BTC total.

- When you post a bid, the bids in your previous posts are considered to be automatically canceled. You can put multiple bids in one post, however.
- All bid prices must be evenly divisible by 0.25.
- The bidding starts at 0.5.
- I will end the auction at an arbitrary time no more than 12 days from now. (I will probably end the auction 1-3 days before the ads are scheduled to go up.)
- If two people bid at the same price, the person who bid first will have his slots filled first.
- Bids are considered invalid and will be ignored if they do not specify both a price and a max quantity, or if they could not possibly win any slots

If these rules are confusing, look at some of the past forum ad auctions to see how it's done. I also post periodic status updates which should help make things clear.

You must pay for your slots within 24 hours of receiving the payment address. Otherwise your slots may be sold to someone else.

Hosting of the ASIC will of course be provided by me, and electricity costs will be deducted before profits are paid. Profits will be paid out on a weekly basis. This is not a business, there are no "voting shares" or any nonsense like that. Just profit sharing based on the percentage you purchased.

Please click the link in my signature to decide on your own if I am trustworthy enough to do business with, and as always, never put more money into bitcoin that you can't afford to lose. I feel that even at a potential loss for myself, this will be an important step in restoring a trustworthy reputation on this forum and allowing people to see that I am seriously committed to changing my odd behavior of the past.

Thank you for reading and let the bidding begin at 0.5BTC x 50 shares!

Note: Moderators please quote this for later evidence against tampering.

Quoted for proof
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:27:57 PM

Also going to throw up a bid shortly, but I am curious of your approximate electricity costs.  I have no idea what it's like overseas.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:46:30 PM

Also going to throw up a bid shortly, but I am curious of your approximate electricity costs.  I have no idea what it's like overseas.

I'll try to get this exact data tomorrow. What exactly would I be asking for? KW/h?

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:51:00 PM

I'll try to get this exact data tomorrow. What exactly would I be asking for? KW/h?

Exactly, I'm looking for cost per KW/h just to make sure it's not crazy high.
norman

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:05:48 PM

Ok - I'll bite on the starting bid with the full 50 @ .5 each
grubles

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

mistaken for gribble since 2011

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:06:19 PM

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

BM-NBi5PcH8BBqDVp7WSJe2pNgqEVvTjd6T
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:10:34 PM

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Yeah, that caught my eye too

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 09:11:37 PM

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:23:23 PM

10 @ 0.55

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:25:30 PM

I'll share it with Tysat since he's a moderator here and he can either confirm or deny my claim of receiving one here in Korea.

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:46:22 PM

25 @ 1

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 11:29:32 PM

I can confirm that he has an order for a batch 3 Avalon that's been paid.

No need to worry about there not being a unit.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 11:53:35 PM

Code:
Current stats:

User   -  Shares -   BTC
norman -    15   -   0.5
server -    10   -   0.55
qwk    -    25   -   1

DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:01:44 AM

25 @ 0.60

How long will the auction run for?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:09:17 AM

25 @ 0.60

How long will the auction run for?

I think Theymos's guideline is a pretty good one.

- I will end the auction at an arbitrary time no more than 12 days from now.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:12:16 AM

25 @ 0.65
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 12:13:55 AM

As an electical engineer I must clear this up because it is kind of like finger nails on a chalkboard to me.

Watt (W) and kiloWatt = kW = are units of power (as in Joules per second)
kilowatthour = kWh is a unit of energy (as in Joules)

What you purchase from the utility is energy and you are charged by the kilowatthour (kWh)

So $/kWh is what we need to know.  Numbers are usually $0.02 to $0.40 per kilowatthour.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:15:21 AM

20 @ 0.75
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:17:05 AM

As an electical engineer I must clear this up because it is kind of like finger nails on a chalkboard to me.

Watt (W) and kiloWatt = kW = are units of power (as in Joules per second)
kilowatthour = kWh is a unit of energy (as in Joules)

What you purchase from the utility is energy and you are charged by the kilowatthour (kWh)

So $/kWh is what we need to know.  Numbers are usually $0.02 to $0.40 per kilowatthour.

Thank you Burt, I honestly wasn't sure of that myself. I will check this apartment's price for electricity specifically because in a cursory look online in Korean it seems every-single-area is different, even inside the same city.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: