Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:17:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GekkoScience is now dabbling with 16nm ASICs for new designs  (Read 76783 times)
Eagleone

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 02:41:45 PM

Donation sent

Going to buy a few s1's off Craigslist this weekend

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scyth3

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 11:09:47 PM

I wouldn't jump the gun so quickly. Chance of Bitfury going bankrupt > delivering chips.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 11:43:09 PM

I wouldn't jump the gun so quickly. Chance of Bitfury going bankrupt > delivering chips.

Yeah,I seriously doubt poor sidehack will ever see any decent amount of chips...anytime soon from Bitfury  Roll Eyes

They have proven to be teasers to this community since they ditched us years ago  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 06:27:43 AM

Yeah,I seriously doubt poor sidehack will ever see any decent amount of chips...anytime soon from Bitfury  Roll Eyes

They have proven to be teasers to this community since they ditched us years ago  Wink

I think the problem is they want to deal with only huge fish as buyer's.  In past it seemed hobby/home miner's were not really target market.   I mean they announced long ago they would sell the lightbulb they had.  I would have loved one for the heck of it, but nothing ever came of it.

I hope I am wrong and sidehack is able to get a source of chips, as I have enjoyed his compacs very much and would enjoy a 16nm from him.  But I would agree until sidehack say's he has chips in hand I would not go crazy buying S1's.
Jake-R

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 06:59:47 AM

I think we all agree that sidehack has some really good ideas for us home miners.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 08:21:42 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2016, 08:35:49 AM by toptek

my thought i know it won't happen they should give him the chips for the BS and lies they feed us,to cover his time while they strung him a long, he should sell  his design and keep the cash . but i know that will never happen well be lucky if he gets 20  k worth of chips with out a lot more lies and bs and then no chips. the good part is side would be more honest then any of them ever .I would like to eat what i just said about Bitfury but it's true money talks loud..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 10:39:47 AM

my thought i know it won't happen they should give him the chips for the BS and lies they feed us,to cover his time while they strung him a long, he should sell  his design and keep the cash . but i know that will never happen well be lucky if he gets 20  k worth of chips with out a lot more lies and bs and then no chips. the good part is side would be more honest then any of them ever .I would like to eat what i just said about Bitfury but it's true money talks loud..

Oh I agree 1000%,sidehack has been awesome & has fantastic moral & ethical standards.Too bad Bitfury couldn't care less about the same................

But it's ok,I made 700+ btc since june 2011 & lost it all buying ASIC after ASIC to chase more btc.......glad that's over  Roll Eyes

I made the dollars back but never the btc  Sad

Back to GPU's fer me  Grin

Unless sidehack is allowed to do what he does best Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:42:37 PM

I can not believe I did not see this thread sooner. I still kept 4x S1 and 4x S3 ready to mod just for this purpose. Exciting times! Smiley

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 02:24:33 PM

I can not believe I did not see this thread sooner. I still kept 4x S1 and 4x S3 ready to mod just for this purpose. Exciting times! Smiley
Theres still no guarantee that Sidehack will even manufacture any of those mods, its entirely possible Bitfury could go out of buisiness. There's hope, but don't overreact, we're quite far from any real product being made.
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 02:51:35 PM

Theres still no guarantee that Sidehack will even manufacture any of those mods, its entirely possible Bitfury could go out of buisiness. There's hope, but don't overreact, we're quite far from any real product being made.
Thank you for stating the obvious Debbie Downer. Tongue LOL

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 03:36:47 PM

Oh I agree 1000%,sidehack has been awesome & has fantastic moral & ethical standards.Too bad Bitfury couldn't care less about the same................

But it's ok,I made 700+ btc since june 2011 & lost it all buying ASIC after ASIC to chase more btc.......glad that's over  Roll Eyes

I made the dollars back but never the btc  Sad

Back to GPU's fer me  Grin

Unless sidehack is allowed to do what he does best Cool

why i went back to GPU mining I'm getting some place and making some thing and don't want to stop mining anymore. if side can ever make them see the light, I'll go back to mining BTC direct .

greed you know LMAO there not the only game in town and should worry.

thanks top.

Eagleone

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 05:04:41 PM

Still Haters for life huh?

Not sure who punin is at bitfury but they seem to be the only non Chinese manufacturer/engineers out there

I'm not sure where the wafers come from.... probably still china but there company at least isn't based in mainland china.

You think China is cool, guess again they focebly displaced and demolished homes of over 80,000 people for the Olympic Games. Every single human rights lawyer who spoke up was made to disappear many never returned ...

Let's not talk smack about them...

The s1's are 15$, that's how much I sent sidehack for the donation if nothing comes of it I'll make a f***ing art piece or something.

Let's all try and be more mature than our American politicians (I don't discriminate both sides dropped the ball)
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 06:48:07 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2016, 07:16:45 PM by toptek

Still Haters for life huh?

Not sure who punin is at bitfury but they seem to be the only non Chinese manufacturer/engineers out there

I'm not sure where the wafers come from.... probably still china but there company at least isn't based in mainland china.

You think China is cool, guess again they focebly displaced and demolished homes of over 80,000 people for the Olympic Games. Every single human rights lawyer who spoke up was made to disappear many never returned ...

Let's not talk smack about them...

The s1's are 15$, that's how much I sent sidehack for the donation if nothing comes of it I'll make a f***ing art piece or something.

Let's all try and be more mature than our American politicians (I don't discriminate both sides dropped the ball)

I willing to bet form china yup . that might be part the problem as well as being greedily . and Trump this gonna be a fun four years . he may do it and label china like he said that would hurt them but well see .

I don't think China is cool at all i wouldn't want to live there other then the land it self  which is very beautiful . but to live there and follow there rules, id be in jail fast or dead but i guess if i was born there etc it might be different can't really say, i  know now i couldn't.

I don't think Russia is much better then china it might have a little more freedom but nothing like we have in the states .I think that's were bitfury is based at or is part of Russia.

with the all money that can be made in making your own chips,I am really amazed why the US doesn't have at least one planet here that does it, i would think the demand would be unbelievable in the US. but then again i don't understand everything that involved in making chips i mean does china have some thing we would need to make them or it's easy to get there . i understand how there made etc , i guess it's more how hard are some supply's to get .we have some of the smartest people in the world in the US so that's not it .

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 11:18:28 PM

As I recall, all of the fabs for the 14/16nm node at this point are either TSMC in Taiwan, or Global Founderies in New York State (ex-IBM fabs) or Taiwan.

I am NOT sure where Intel is doing foundry work though, and I might have missed a couple somewhere or some may have come online I don't know about since the last time I checked.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Jake-R

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 11:23:11 PM

@sidehack - what kind of power requirements do you think the will pods have? How many PCIe connectors and how many watts?
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 01:20:24 AM

@sidehack - what kind of power requirements do you think the will pods have? How many PCIe connectors and how many watts?

Only info he gave out so far is below,I'm sure he'll post more about em as time goes on  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1651958.msg16840856#msg16840856

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 01:56:48 AM

As I recall, all of the fabs for the 14/16nm node at this point are either TSMC in Taiwan, or Global Founderies in New York State (ex-IBM fabs) or Taiwan.

I am NOT sure where Intel is doing foundry work though, and I might have missed a couple somewhere or some may have come online I don't know about since the last time I checked.

cool there is one in the us i thought there was only 2 both were in china ... or around that part of the world i don't know i never looked only looked how chips are made didn't notice who made them.

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 03:47:24 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2016, 04:41:31 AM by JaredKaragen

Just donated 0.056855 to the burger fund.

*edit*
https://btc.blockr.io/tx/info/f7c5ac1e142246052c5f9a5f5686272c790212abcc67374819e3401d56424bcc

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1838

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 04:30:42 AM

I think it's a lot more likely that I'll go bankrupt before BitFury does. PSU sales are down, I don't have a new product to roll out unless these miners come to life, hosting is barely paying the rent (and it was never intended to pay for anything else) so really if there isn't good news (and probably some loans) in the near future I could be packing it in by year's end. BitFury is likely to last longer than that.

The pod is designed with a single PCIe jack and a standard barrel plug so it could run off a full PSU or a brick. I'm giving it power monitoring (input current and voltage) so if you're on a watt-limited brick you can watch the power draw and make sure you're not burning something up. Based off what numbers I've seen, it should probably draw in the range of 35 to 100 watts depending on user setting, with stock around 75W for 700GH. I hope to build them with a heatsink and fan already installed. Target footprint is 8x12cm, with 8x8 as heatsink and fan so a standard 2- or 3-wire case fan can be used.

I would really like to be able to tell Bitfury we had a guaranteed order of 10,000 chips. That'd probably get someone's attention. More than 3500 Compacs were made and sold between mine and bitshopper.de's licensed design, so another 3000 sticks would mean 6000 chips. 500 pods would mean another 5500 chips for 11.5K chips total. That's likely at least a $50-70K order.

Back when the first word of Bitfury's 16nm chips surfaced, Punin stated that I'd be getting some (promise made good in August) and he also stated he intended to reopen a webstore from which the MOQ would be one chip, because he wanted to support community endeavors. I'm really hoping at least part of that happens. We need to make sure Bitfury stays aware of just how big their sales could be for this project, and just how good the PR would be for them being the only outfit to openly cooperate with the mining community's hardware devs in almost two years.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Jake-R

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:05:10 AM

I will want two to six pods based on the form factor. Depending on cost. We need to rally the ground troops to get Bitfury's attention  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: