Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the fastest way to sell bitcoins?  (Read 503 times)
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:31:25 PM

Make no mistakes, I love bitcoins but I've seen their value going up so much and so fast without me understanding why, that I can't be sure it couldn't go the other way around.

If bitcoins suddenly go down fast, I want to know what to do. Where's the way out? I guess most people would hold to their bitcoins believing it's only temporary, but if you have to sell bitcoins quickly, what exchange (or other service) do you recommend? Which is the fastest?

It could be bitcoins to Paypal, to Liberty Reserve or to a regular bank account. My only requirement is that it has to be online. I don't live in a big city, so arranging to meet a potential buyer would take too much time.

Thank you for your answers.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 09:34:22 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2013, 06:13:35 AM by deepceleron

If you have your bitcoins on an exchange instead of your wallet, you can sell them instantly. You don't even need to do anything, you can just put in a book offer to sell them for $140, for example, and if the price increases to that they will be sold. (edit, fixed example amounts)
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 09:34:46 PM

https://fastcash4bitcoin.com

we will lock in a price before you even send the coins and pay you the same day.  With PayPal, Dwolla, or Bank Wire funds will be in your account in a few hours.  Obviously some methods like ACH will take a few days for the funds to arrive.  

Pro tip: if you are going to try and time the market I would make and setup an account now (maybe even do a small sale as a test).  We have limits on site, based on our available funds and never accept an order can can't instantly pay.  In a fast moving market we could run out of funds.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:39:12 PM

https://fastcash4bitcoin.com

we will lock in a price before you even send the coins and pay you the same day.  With PayPal, Dwolla, or Bank Wire funds will be in your account in a few hours.  Obviously some methods like ACH will take a few days for the funds to arrive. 

Pro tip: if you are going to try and time the market I would make and setup an account now (maybe even do a small sale as a test).  We have limits on the same based on our available funds and never accept an order can can't instantly pay.  In a fast moving market we could run out of funds.

I used fastcash4bitcoin for the first time yesterday. I sold a bitcoin and bought Bioshock: Infinity with the money a few hours later.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
JeRM

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:49:17 PM

If you have your bitcoins on an exchange instead of your wallet, you can sell them instantly. You don't even need to do anything, you can just put in a book offer to sell them for $100, for example, and if the price drops to 100 they will be sold.

So say you purchased all your btc through Mt.Gox, you could instantly sell them when needed?(is this what you're saying?) ...if there are buyers for the price proposed of course
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:02:03 PM

So maybe it would be smart to open accounts in several exchanges, just to be ready. Best would be BTC to Paypal. Or is there some "clearance time" necessary to process the transaction?

naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:06:45 PM

So maybe it would be smart to open accounts in several exchanges, just to be ready. Best would be BTC to Paypal. Or is there some "clearance time" necessary to process the transaction?

You can buy and sell bitcoins for real money on exchange without waiting if you have the required funds. That means that you made a bank deposit if you want to buy them (could take up to a week to proceed), or if you deposited your bitcoins.

But then, when you sold your bitcoins in the exchange website, it could take several days before you will get the money in your bank account.
It does not really matter, because even if the price reach 0, you still finished your transaction.
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:20:07 PM

Thank you for those quick answers.

So there's FastCash4Bitcoins, and besides any other service which can turn BTCs to Paypal in, say, one hour?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: