Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:45:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help, about overtime!  (Read 513 times)
Natalim (OP)

Activity: 2898
Merit: 590

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 03:39:31 AM

Guys, my father is one of the owner of one of the funeral businesses in the Philippines, and his problem is that his employees are taking too much overtime although the sales and transaction for the month are not really that good. Can I have your advise on how to minimize overtime in this kind of business.

Your suggestion is highly appreciated, I may give something to those who can share good insights to solve or if not minimize the problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 04:16:49 AM

Guys, my father is one of the owner of one of the funeral businesses in the Philippines, and his problem is that his employees are taking too much overtime although the sales and transaction for the month are not really that good. Can I have your advise on how to minimize overtime in this kind of business.

Your suggestion is highly appreciated, I may give something to those who can share good insights to solve or if not minimize the problem.

Are the employees are the one who are deciding if they are going to have overtime for each day? Well I guess you just need to strictly implement the company rules.

Always remember that without them the business of your father won't run and of course just explain to them that the sales was not been good so you need to manage the overtime thing.

You just need to properly talk with them and for sure they are going to understand it.
fando01

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Visit my Signature--->>

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 05:03:32 AM

If you don't have such sales why your employee need to do overtime? Maybe investigate this first.
Because it's funeral business some of work happen during night maybe implement a shifting schedule, some will work 8 hours from morning and 8 hours from 3pm (or anytime) with this even you add employee to cover two shift you only need to pay them at regular rate.

Hope this will help.
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 05:06:46 AM

Simple lang naman ang solusyon dyan boss. Sino ba ang nagdedecide na mag overtime? If choice yan ng mga employees make them understand the current situation of your business. If father mo naman may gusto e dapat sya ang magsabi sa mga tauhan nyo na stop muna sila dahil nga sa current situation ng work nila. Mahirap pag nagkataon na magkaroon ng hindi pagkakaintindihan ang father at employees nya.
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 05:16:14 AM

Dapat iobliga nyo yung mga employee nyo to make write ups and reasons kung bakit mag oovertime. Tapos dapat ahead of time ma inform agad sa inyo or sa leader/manager para alam agad. Dapat lahat ng process ay nakarecord, ins and outs sa office/working area.

Gawa po kayo ng OT form  ..
Name -- Date
Reason kung bakit mag oot
Pirma

Gagastos kayo sa print at paper, pero maliit lang yun kumpara sa pag na abuso yung pag oot sa business nyo.
Good luck po!  Wink
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:11:41 AM

How about putting some CCTV to monitor your employees, I do not know how much it cost in the phlippines but that is a good way of monitoring your employees.
BicolIsarog

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:29:31 AM

Oo ganun din ang suggetion ko kasi ganyan din kami dito sa office. For example kung need talaga mag overtime kailangan nyo bayaran yung overtime nila, pero kung fault ng mga tauhan ng tatay mo kaya sila nag O overtime pwede pag sabihan nalang sila.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 10:02:47 AM

For me, the best way to stop the employees of your father to work over time just tell them that if they are going to keep on working overtime.

Because of the low sales that your funeral has, then you are going to be forced to fire some employees if they are not going to stop it.

And also add to them you are just going to hire another employee that are going to be obedient with the company's rule and regulation.
Naoko

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 10:13:14 AM

funeral parlors ay open 24/7 right? so kadalasan depende yan, take mo yung average na pumapasok na patay sa inyo weekly at kung ilan yung tao nyo tapos dun ka mag umpisa mag compute kung paano yung paraan para hindi kayo malugi sa mga overtime. kung yung mga tao nyo kasi yung nagdedecide kung kelan nila gsto mag overtime ay maluluge tlaga kayo dyan dahil kadalasan yung mga tao na nagtratrabaho sa ganyang business ay mahihirap at gagawin tlaga nila ang paraan para madagdagan ang kikitain nila pra sa pamilya nila. strict dapat ang father mo sa business nya pra ihndi maluge
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 11:32:58 AM

It's hard to give an advice right away, because we have to know your current system first so that we can identify the problem.

But the ultimate question is, are your employees being productive during their overtime?

Are they really using their time efficiently?

BicolIsarog

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 01:58:01 AM

Mas mainam siguro na gawa kayo ng statistic per month or weekly about kung ilang customer o patay sa buwan ng January, February and so on..

Suggestion lang to. Hahaha Pero parang di pwede. 

saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 03:28:20 AM

It's hard to give an advice right away, because we have to know your current system first so that we can identify the problem.

But the ultimate question is, are your employees being productive during their overtime?

Are they really using their time efficiently?

For sure this is why op is getting some suggestions as his father can see that they are not using their efficiently and no need to have for overtime job.

I am waiting for the response of op on how did his father approached his employees so that we are going to know if our suggestions did helped them.

This is really a problem for some sales company and if they are salary-based and not commissioned-based.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 03:34:19 AM

Dapat may justification kung bakit kailangan mag OT at ang OT for approval yan ng nagpapasweldo hindi yung nag stay lang ng matagal sa trabahao matic na OT na agad hindi ganun. Ipinapaalam muna kung bakit kailangn mag OT. Kasi kung ganun everyday talaga may mag oOT nyan, malulugi kayo.
Sa amin sa 1 hour na ako nag stay sa office, kakasagot ng business email hindi pa rin bayad.
Galer

Activity: 406

FameCoin, Viral Photo sharing on Blockchain

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:57:13 AM

Kailangan kang gumawa ng rules tungkol sa pag oovertime katulad ng kailan pwede mag overtime at kailangan din ng need of approval of incharge like manager for OT.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: