Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:29:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello everyone.  (Read 10747 times)
Anonymous

June 05, 2010, 01:17:50 PM

I am new here and I must say this idea looks interesting.I have just set up a  classified ad site and was wondering if it could be used  as a place for people to post things they want to sell using the new currency.It doesnt have a default currency or country setting so you could use any one you like.Would anyone be interested in using such a site?It is free to post if you want an alternative to craigslist .I would like to set up an auction site as well in future.I hope my node is up and contributing soon.I have a crappy old laptop so I hope it is viable for me.Once again,hello to everyone . Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lachesis

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 05, 2010, 02:30:48 PM

Hello, and welcome!

Yes, it would be very exciting if you created such a site. Bitcoin needs merchants and consumers (who are often the same people), and one of the best ways to inject value into the Bitcoin economy is exactly what classified sites often do: sell what you already have.

You would probably be able to convince the devs to include you in the Bitcoin-accepting site list on the main page, also.

Anyways, welcome to Bitcoin and good luck generating and trading!

Bitcoin Calculator | Scallion | GPG Key | WoT Rating | 1QGacAtYA7E8V3BAiM7sgvLg7PZHk5WnYc
NewLibertyStandard

Activity: 252
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2010, 10:04:44 PM

I've got some stuff that I've been meaning to sell, but I've been procrastinating because I don't want to have to deal with shipping it. Your idea made me think that I could just sell the items using Craig's List or the local classifieds. I'll just include that I only accept bitcoins. Of course the payment is non-reversible, so I'll probably let them bring their laptop to my house and use my wireless connection to pay me.

If you make a classifieds site, you should act as arbiter. The buyer sends you the bitcoins and when either the seller can prove that he sent the item or when the buyer confirms that he got the item, then you pass the bitcoins along to the seller. Of course if you don't want to act as arbiter, then you should set your site up for local transactions, like Craig's List.

Treazant: A Fullever Rewarding Bitcoin - Backup Your Wallet TODAY to Double Your Money! - Dual Currency Donation Address: 1Dnvwj3hAGSwFPMnkJZvi3KnaqksRPa74p
lachesis

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 05, 2010, 10:40:05 PM

I know that where I live there wouldn't be enough people who have Bitcoins for me to sell anything that way.

Bitcoin Calculator | Scallion | GPG Key | WoT Rating | 1QGacAtYA7E8V3BAiM7sgvLg7PZHk5WnYc
Anonymous

June 07, 2010, 08:39:05 AM

I've got some stuff that I've been meaning to sell, but I've been procrastinating because I don't want to have to deal with shipping it. Your idea made me think that I could just sell the items using Craig's List or the local classifieds. I'll just include that I only accept bitcoins. Of course the payment is non-reversible, so I'll probably let them bring their laptop to my house and use my wireless connection to pay me.

If you make a classifieds site, you should act as arbiter. The buyer sends you the bitcoins and when either the seller can prove that he sent the item or when the buyer confirms that he got the item, then you pass the bitcoins along to the seller. Of course if you don't want to act as arbiter, then you should set your site up for local transactions, like Craig's List.

Is that how escrow works on ebay?

My site is just a go between.People post an ad and buyers contact them.They can be located anywhere it is not preset to a particular location.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: