Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?
(1/498) > >>
ABCbits:
Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.
pedrog:
Quote from: ETFbitcoin on October 18, 2016, 03:51:47 PM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.

Xapo, Coinbase and Circle, they are all "bitcoin banks", if someone doesn't like them, they don't have to use them...
iv4n:
Why would I use bank for my bitcoins? I also think that this idea is stupid, and I don`t know how banks are planning to get into bitcoin community. That will be tricky for them, what can they offer to me (or us) to open bitcoin wallet in some bank, pay monthly account maintenance, what can they do for me, that I can`t do myself?
Only one thing fall on my mind and that is high saving rate. I opened some saving calculator and for example best bank in my country offer if I save in my currency 1 000 000 dinars for one year (that is 9 000 dollars) I can earn 90 000 dinars (850 dollars).
If I save in foreign currency, for example dollars, 10 000 dollars for one year will bring me 396 dollars. Which is joke, so how big interest they can offer for bitcoin to I be attracted to save my bitcoins in some bank?
clickerz:
Quote from: iv4n on October 18, 2016, 04:09:38 PM

Why would I use bank for my bitcoins? I also think that this idea is stupid, and I don`t know how banks are planning to get into bitcoin community. That will be tricky for them, what can they offer to me (or us) to open bitcoin wallet in some bank, pay monthly account maintenance, what can they do for me, that I can`t do myself?
Only one thing fall on my mind and that is high saving rate. I opened some saving calculator and for example best bank in my country offer if I save in my currency 1 000 000 dinars for one year (that is 9 000 dollars) I can earn 90 000 dinars (850 dollars).
If I save in foreign currency, for example dollars, 10 000 dollars for one year will bring me 396 dollars. Which is joke, so how big interest they can offer for bitcoin to I be attracted to save my bitcoins in some bank?

Same sentiments here. What "bitcoin bank" really do? We will deposits our bitcoin to him? :) If that happens,the real essence of bitcoin will be lost I think. People wants to hold or store their bitcoin,where they can spend anytime.
amacar2:
I completely disagree the idea of bitcoin bank i think we don't need it as bitcoin is meant to remain decentralized always and the idea of bank is to centralize bitcoin. Even some regulated web wallets like coinbase, xapo practice same restrictions like normal banks with lots of account lock down and KYC policies which is completely against what bitcoin was developed for.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page