Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:21:24 AM

I also think that it's not a good idea because bitcoin is anonymous and decentralized and you will be denying the concept of bitcoin itself if you will establish bitcoin banks. And the thing that I also love about bitcoin than banks is, There is no any strict rules and regulation.
I think it's for the bitcoin bank is not a problem because no one requires you to use bitcoin bank. people are free to use it or not. but the fact that the bank could give profit to you in addition to safely store your bitcoin, you do not need to invest, you just need to keep it in the bank and make a profit, when the price rises you could sell it also
If people would really think it's safe to have a third party store your coins for a silly reward in return, then they don't know anything.

Let's say you get 3% annually, would you really put your coins at risk for such a low amount? Think good. Really?

And if you are being offered an even higher amount, then the likeliness of it turning into a scam with go through the roof.

Safest option is to continue hodling your coins where you will enjoy seeing the price go up. Best of this is that you have all coins under your own control.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:31:20 AM

I also think that a btc bank would turn btc into a non-reliable currency.

Except being an unreliable currency there would be no difference between bitcoin and other ordinary currencies, now almost every bitcoin users think that they have a financial freedom because they are their own bank and they don't need any third person to get involved in their monetary decisions and if a bank is introduced that freedom would be snatched.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 12:42:01 PM

I also think that a btc bank would turn btc into a non-reliable currency.

Except being an unreliable currency there would be no difference between bitcoin and other ordinary currencies, now almost every bitcoin users think that they have a financial freedom because they are their own bank and they don't need any third person to get involved in their monetary decisions and if a bank is introduced that freedom would be snatched.
it would chance nothing for you if you would not use it. just because there is a bitcoin bank does not mean you have to use it. you will be able to still be your own bank. and if a bank fucks up, then they will have to close. since they can not print money. maybe the best thing to teach people is to let some banks fail and let them lose all there money. until they do it on there own.

Felimon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 12:43:55 PM

If you make bitcoin a bank, sooner or later, there will be people who exploit the use of bitcoin bank and will start charging fees for everything, just like a regular bank does.  Where does this leave us?
Senor.Bla

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 12:51:48 PM

If you make bitcoin a bank, sooner or later, there will be people who exploit the use of bitcoin bank and will start charging fees for everything, just like a regular bank does.  Where does this leave us?
people would have to go to banks that do not charge or do it by themselves. or else you will have to make more money to use the services. as bank will not be able to create bitcoin they will not be able to give more loans then they have in store and they still have to pay the employs. so they will have to charge you. so, yes you will have to pay more or learn to do it on your own.

HoshiPost

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 01:55:52 PM

Why would I use bank for my bitcoins? I also think that this idea is stupid, and I don`t know how banks are planning to get into bitcoin community. That will be tricky for them, what can they offer to me (or us) to open bitcoin wallet in some bank, pay monthly account maintenance, what can they do for me, that I can`t do myself?
Only one thing fall on my mind and that is high saving rate. I opened some saving calculator and for example best bank in my country offer if I save in my currency 1 000 000 dinars for one year (that is 9 000 dollars) I can earn 90 000 dinars (850 dollars).
If I save in foreign currency, for example dollars, 10 000 dollars for one year will bring me 396 dollars. Which is joke, so how big interest they can offer for bitcoin to I be attracted to save my bitcoins in some bank?

Same sentiments here. What "bitcoin bank" really do? We will deposits our bitcoin to him? Smiley If that happens,the real essence of bitcoin will be lost I think. People wants to hold or store their bitcoin,where they can spend anytime.
I will never agree with a bitcoin bank you know and that is not nice because lots of people dont think that is an good idea because lots of people dont trust banks with their bitcoins and that
is such a big problem for this world.
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:38:29 PM

I don't agree on any such idea which will take us again towards centralization where our wealth will be in control of any institution. There are so many ways to get interest or invest money in but Bitcoin offers unique features and options. I will keep using Bitcoin freely without putting them in hands of such banks just to get little profit.

The bitcoin bank is not a centralisation. There will thousands of banks, that mean each can be a full node. No centralisation.
Banks are not centralization? Even if what you said is true and it began that way, eventually some banks will get absorbed by the most successful ones until you have just a few banks that are in bed with each other.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:43:25 PM

yes it is a nice thought. sooner or later bitcoin BANK will be created. and someday will be more and more users. bitcoin require guarantees and legality .bitcoin BANK is the answer of all available means.
lol3c

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:53:10 PM

Yeah it's nothing good about a bitcoin bank. Not only do we have to pay more unreasonable fees for it but also does it make bitcoin become just like other currencies, and what's the point of all of this.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:48:12 PM

I dont see the point in a bitcoin bank, surly it is not going to be that hard in the future to secure your own bitcoin via apps, and be your own bank, also banks cant be trusted they will start to loan more bitcoin than they have in store and then will be back to square one.
But if you use a third party app on top of bitcoin in order to secure your coins then that is basically a bank, securing your coins right now is not that hard by following some simple principles.
yeah that banks are third parties who may be in the trust, you can not assume they are not reliable just because they lend money or bitcoin to someone? because that's how they make a profit? certainly they have certain criteria for borrowers, so they do not carelessly give a loan to someone,
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:11:08 PM

In one sense it would be good because having bitcoin bank will make the coin popular and some other guy would start using it. But in one sense it would be bad because having bitcoin bank will make the network untrustworthy because bitcoin is decentralized and automated but bank will make it insecure but if they make it automated then it would be welcoming.
If we will make you idea possible, I have a big question for you, who will manage the bitcoin bank?

That's the question that is hard to answer since banks are centralized and we are decentralized, so it should be the interest for everyone here and since we do not know each other how can we trust a person, literally bank is a business of trust.
of course that manage the bank is a third party such as the exchange, bitcoin bank also has a boss and owner. and certainly no more decentralized bitcoin when you use bitcoin bank. it's a bitcoin existing deficiencies in the bank, but of course there is an excess of bitcoin bank, as profit from interest, you can request a loan bitcoin, etc.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 01:21:40 AM

yes I totally agree with the idea of ​​bitcoin bank. bitcoin bank will create increased market confidence and also better than safety issues. with their bitcoin bank then increases public confidence will increase.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 01:48:02 AM

Exactly this is what will happen if that 'bitcoin bank' tries to operate instead that we are already happy now because every transactions are very cheap then when banks adopted bitcoin, then for sure hope that they won't charge you very high fees but it is impossible as we know banks are making profit for charging their customers with very unusual fees.
It comes down to the individual to decide whether or not they want to pay the fees that come with storing their funds in a bank, and if the banks justify themselves enough then there is definitely the potential for a lot of people to deposit their funds into one. It likely wouldn't be any sort of obligation to have a good portion of your funds in a bank for any reason, but there might be some people interested in exploiting the security offered by a bank (typically speaking).
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:21:42 AM

yes I totally agree with the idea of ​​bitcoin bank. bitcoin bank will create increased market confidence and also better than safety issues. with their bitcoin bank then increases public confidence will increase.
And who will do that for us, we are in the crypto world and everything here are anonymous so we cannot say that it will give people the confidence. If that is the case then the bank will just build there own blockchain sine they are the original in the concept of centralized banking.

Bitcoin is decentralized and that's what attracts people why they invested and use the system, we want freedom why we are here..

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
axel2078

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:29:56 AM

Bitcoin should remain decentralized.  There's no need for bitcoin banks.

warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:30:51 AM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.

But if you are really into security but for me its okay but im not using it
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 04:38:21 AM

I don't think we need bitcoin bank i feel more secure with bitcoin wallet, and i feel my privacy is more protected using bitcoin and also i can have full control of my money in my wallet,so i think bitcoin bank is a stupid idea and it is not suitable for bitcoin user
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:47:12 AM

No, why would you even need a bitcoin bank in the first place? You're your own bank.
I think using bitcoin bank function is not only to save bitcoin course as you did with bitcoin wallet, but there are many other advantages in bitcoin bank?
as you can benefit by earning interest on bitcoin you save in the bank and of course it is different when you use bitcoin wallet right ?
Senor.Bla

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 08:03:39 AM

No, why would you even need a bitcoin bank in the first place? You're your own bank.
I think using bitcoin bank function is not only to save bitcoin course as you did with bitcoin wallet, but there are many other advantages in bitcoin bank?
as you can benefit by earning interest on bitcoin you save in the bank and of course it is different when you use bitcoin wallet right ?

why would a bank give you interest rates? with real money they want this because they do not to have the money they lend you. they make it up. with bitcoin they would need to have it as they can not make it up. so they would have to invest your bitcoin at a better rate then they offering you. also what about the risk if this fails? if i want to risk my coin in an investment i also would like to pick myself where i invest.   

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 01:23:48 PM

I don't think that their will be a bitcoin bank any time soon, Why? Because a banks way to earn money is about lending loans, I don't know anyone who will want to loan a highly volatile currency and also not everyone accepts bitcoin yet. Also as mentioned the volatility will make Banks change their interest frequently. And why have a bank when you can have a lending business as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: