Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:02:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 04:50:26 PM

I don't understand the idea of bitcoin bank who will hold the funds which is totally against the spirit of bitcoin, everybody love bitcoin because of freedom so that I'm against this idea, very hard to understand why would we give our coins to 3rd party without any security about our funds, investment in bitcoin is better than this idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 05:21:50 PM

I don't understand the idea of bitcoin bank who will hold the funds which is totally against the spirit of bitcoin, everybody love bitcoin because of freedom so that I'm against this idea, very hard to understand why would we give our coins to 3rd party without any security about our funds, investment in bitcoin is better than this idea.
You have the point and i think we have already use the wallet as our bank.. and i think we dont need bitcoin bank except for ATM or any bitcoin machine that can withdraw and deposit bitcoin instantly.. will be a good idea to spread worldwide than bitcoin banks..

We are using it anonymously so if there is bitcoin bank i think they need our identity in order to be member of that bank..
R3ffun

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:36:34 AM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.
i don't think so , bank local already good function .. so for what bitcoin bank ?
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 05:13:08 PM

You have the point and i think we have already use the wallet as our bank.. and i think we dont need bitcoin bank except for ATM or any bitcoin machine that can withdraw and deposit bitcoin instantly.. will be a good idea to spread worldwide than bitcoin banks..

We are using it anonymously so if there is bitcoin bank i think they need our identity in order to be member of that bank..
The difference is that you may ‘get a loan’ or ‘get interest’ with banks as well which our bitcoin wallets can’t provide. Bitcoin Bank is against the basic concepts of bitcoin but that is what people want the “bank” to be I assume. When bitcoin hits main stream of adoptions, people may start forgetting to demand for bitcoin banks.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 05:37:21 PM

The difference is that you may ‘get a loan’ or ‘get interest’ with banks as well which our bitcoin wallets can’t provide. Bitcoin Bank is against the basic concepts of bitcoin but that is what people want the “bank” to be I assume. When bitcoin hits main stream of adoptions, people may start forgetting to demand for bitcoin banks.

People getting a financial gain such as interest over the coins they save there is the only reason. I can't think of anything else that people may find so interesting, that they throw away their full control over their coins. You said loans, but there are several other ways of how you can get a Bitcoin related loan. Think about certain Bitcoin lending sites, the community that you can ask for a loan, etc. No need for a service that is saying to be a "Bitcoin bank".
Mirconome

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:50:53 AM

People getting a financial gain such as interest over the coins they save there is the only reason. I can't think of anything else that people may find so interesting, that they throw away their full control over their coins. You said loans, but there are several other ways of how you can get a Bitcoin related loan. Think about certain Bitcoin lending sites, the community that you can ask for a loan, etc. No need for a service that is saying to be a "Bitcoin bank".
I do not understand the essence of bitcoin bank. Although there are already some banks in bitcoin information. Just the very foundation of decentralized bitcoin tells a different story. Therefore, it is not that clear.
lilit

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:33:25 AM

If a bunch of people with computers moschny represent bitcoin management system, the bitcoin bank but in fact will be the same. Just what is the difference between these banks and bitcoin bank.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
agamasrori

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:02:23 AM

If a bunch of people with computers moschny represent bitcoin management system, the bitcoin bank but in fact will be the same. Just what is the difference between these banks and bitcoin bank.
Yes, it will the same. Bitcoin was created to avoid centralization and bank monopolize so why must we create another centralization. I really dissagree with bitcoin bank idea.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:07:42 AM

Yes, it will the same. Bitcoin was created to avoid centralization and bank monopolize so why must we create another centralization. I really dissagree with bitcoin bank idea.

I have too views for this, first is positive for this bitcoin bank idea. If banks will adopt bitcoin, then that will make the demand of bitcoin higher which can lead to price increase.

Negative, in a way first with its regulation, we are going to be taxed if we will use banks service associated to bitcoin.

And we are not anonymous anymore because they will require us our identities.

Vires in Numeris
mbuk81

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:55:12 AM

No I don't most people won't agree either as no one person or company should control bitcoins as it was not invented to be and would make bitcoin like any other currency which no one what's I believe and so would not  make it special which it as not one country on earth can control or run it the people do.

HIGH PAYING BITCOIN FAUCET ONLY AT SWITCH-BUX PTC BITCOIN FAUCET CLAIM EVERY 30 MINS AND GET 50 SATOSHI EVERYTIME
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:10:26 AM

I have too views for this, first is positive for this bitcoin bank idea. If banks will adopt bitcoin, then that will make the demand of bitcoin higher which can lead to price increase.

Negative, in a way first with its regulation, we are going to be taxed if we will use banks service associated to bitcoin.

These are the two possible effects that will surely happen when theres  a bitcoin bank and i would rather choose not to have it because it will expose of our identity especially when do hold huge amounts of bitcoin. I dont like to be taxed by the government and id like to have full control of my money and i wont entrust it to bitcoin banks.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:16:00 AM

Just what is the difference between these banks and bitcoin bank.

Essentially, there is no difference if you strictly look at the fact that it's not you, but a different entity that is in control of your money/coins that you have stored there. But if you look at regulations, support from governments, etc, then something calling itself a Bitcoin bank is by far nothing compared to a real bank.

If you want to have some sort of a clue as to what can be seen as a Bitcoin bank, then the following examples are very close;

- Exchanges offering some sort of a wallet/payment service where you can also earn interest over you coins.
- Blockchain.info
- Xapo
- BitPay
- Coinsbank (previously known as BIT-X) This comes very close to the first mentioned option.

And surely there are more, but these are very common in the industry.
frankmb

Activity: 308

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:18:57 AM

Bitcoin made me my own bank, when storing btc on other sites/wallet providers it doesn't give any interest and not all of them gives the private keys. I just keep my btc safe with me and will not trust a 3rd party provider with to much of my coins.
rajasumi2

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:20:35 AM

Not totally .tbh i do not agree with bitcoin bank at all .when i can secure all my wallets in ur cold storage then why go to a bank and let the whole world know about the whole balance i have .its better to keep in a wallet which is better and see how it s growing .kudoos Smiley

saiha

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 12:08:13 PM

These are the two possible effects that will surely happen when theres  a bitcoin bank and i would rather choose not to have it because it will expose of our identity especially when do hold huge amounts of bitcoin. I dont like to be taxed by the government and id like to have full control of my money and i wont entrust it to bitcoin banks.

I hate that we will be taxed too because that is the main reason why we are into bitcoins just to avoid the taxation of the government.

Identity requirements by the banks are required because that is implemented by the law but still we are in bitcoin which doesn't those things just to be able to use it.

Vires in Numeris
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 12:12:51 PM

I hate that we will be taxed too because that is the main reason why we are into bitcoins just to avoid the taxation of the government.

Identity requirements by the banks are required because that is implemented by the law but still we are in bitcoin which doesn't those things just to be able to use it.
This is why im here on bitcoin world because i like its anonymous features on which you could able to transact without any trace.Having tax really pisses me off as we all know government do impose high taxes on our income and assets.
saiha

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 12:53:32 PM

This is why im here on bitcoin world because i like its anonymous features on which you could able to transact without any trace.Having tax really pisses me off as we all know government do impose high taxes on our income and assets.

Most of us are pissed off with the taxation of government and if that is going to happen in bitcoins for sure many will just hold their bitcoins.

Since there is a tax, there are some bitcoin users that wants to hold their bitcoin forever and will just wait for a one time selling of bitcoin.

In able to save the taxation of government to our bitcoins.

Vires in Numeris
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 02:31:55 PM

Most of us are pissed off with the taxation of government and if that is going to happen in bitcoins for sure many will just hold their bitcoins.

Since there is a tax, there are some bitcoin users that wants to hold their bitcoin forever and will just wait for a one time selling of bitcoin.

In able to save the taxation of government to our bitcoins.

Not just your friends, but everyone would be upset about the fact the tax administration does not provide any benefit to the majority of citizens. So, I am indeed happy that the government withdraw the tax for all citizens so that the interests and public facilities can be built. Yet it is not enough efeisien to provide assistance in public facilities, because in fact only a few groups of parts that can be enjoyed .. And you are one of those who have thought or strategy might be seen can never be done .sebab your way is something that is not right or just going to make our economy weaker
Blitzboy

Activity: 1204
Merit: 554

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 02:55:08 PM

Me too, I don't find the idea of having bitcoin bank promising, banks will just create another problem for bitcoin and its users. The main purpose of bitcoin is to give people freedom of money as it doesn't require paying tax and it isn't limited to any country, which means that it can be used internationally. And one thing for sure that bitcoin banks will make bitcoin no longer bitcoin like we know today.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 02:58:11 PM

Bitcoin made me my own bank, when storing btc on other sites/wallet providers it doesn't give any interest and not all of them gives the private keys. I just keep my btc safe with me and will not trust a 3rd party provider with to much of my coins.
I agree with you . that bitcoin gives us an exceptional service. we have full access without any deletions. we are free of any embarrassing, we can get anything with bitcoin. This is a remarkable thing. bitcoin bank will make us powerful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: