Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:36:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 10:07:40 AM

Decentralized currency > centralized bank currency.

Smiley
I think bitcoin bank would be tantamount to an exchange which provides identity verification requirement for a verified member, in some countries there are several exchange sites who like that, but I think though that centralization was not a problem if the user wants to use
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 10:56:14 AM

Smiley
I think bitcoin bank would be tantamount to an exchange which provides identity verification requirement for a verified member, in some countries there are several exchange sites who like that, but I think though that centralization was not a problem if the user wants to use
I also disagree to him as people are tired of using banks and they want a decentralized system that is why they want to put their money in bitcoin and do not want to give the control of their money to any third party. If a bank will start with bitcoin then there will be some hurdles appear to our decentralized system of bitcoin.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 11:25:37 AM

Smiley
I also disagree to him as people are tired of using banks and they want a decentralized system that is why they want to put their money in bitcoin and do not want to give the control of their money to any third party. If a bank will start with bitcoin then there will be some hurdles appear to our decentralized system of bitcoin.
I don't think that's true, still, there are majority of people who trusted banks to safeguard their money. It's not easy to live this world if everything is decentralized, hence we need a decentralized and centralized that work together.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 11:32:14 AM

What a great idea....people all over the world are waiting for this kind of service. Afterwards put bitcoin ATM's all over the place..done!

Do we really need banks to have an ATM?
That made me realize something. I think we dont really need one. As long as there is a card that can be made by one industry and there is a place where money could be stored then we could also create this ATM like machine that we can withdraw those funds right?
ForumBit

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 11:32:46 AM

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
I believe exactly the same this one of the worst ideas I've ever heard,a " bank" has nothing to offer and it is against  philosophy the few who agree with this idea and are interested in using a bank like this to keep their coins are probably newbies or people who never understood the concept of .
yeah it is one of the worst idea i have seen it is against the rules of the bitcoin and philosophy. most of the people says that newbays are in the favour of this idea iam a newbay and iam not in tha favour of this idea.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 12:00:37 PM

What a great idea....people all over the world are waiting for this kind of service. Afterwards put bitcoin ATM's all over the place..done!

That made me realize something. I think we dont really need one. As long as there is a card that can be made by one industry and there is a place where money could be stored then we could also create this ATM like machine that we can withdraw those funds right?
Bitcoin banks will prove that it will be unnecessary in the world. Because of the fact that there are now wallets that have a withdrawal option to convert there Bitcoin to Fiat directly to their Bank Account. Also banks accepting Bitcoin needs to assume the fact that our world is run by Bitcoin which is not as for the moment and it won't happen based on my predictions.
canhchuacaro1

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 12:19:34 PM

If a bank offers their own crypto we must not use it, if you think they have a great control already imagine what they could do with their own blockchain and crypto currency.
it is not just about trust and them not stealing your bitcoins. there may someday be a 100% trusted place where you can call bitcoin bank and fully trust. it is not making it any good though!
And if a so called Bitcoin bank will become reality, it will not even be close to what regular fiat banks are. It will just be a service that has been started up by someone thinking to have found a great and profitable business. The actual importance of this is zero. It's only important in the minds of rookies.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 12:22:19 PM

Bitcoin banks will prove that it will be unnecessary in the world. Because of the fact that there are now wallets that have a withdrawal option to convert there Bitcoin to Fiat directly to their Bank Account. Also banks accepting Bitcoin needs to assume the fact that our world is run by Bitcoin which is not as for the moment and it won't happen based on my predictions.
I'm also not really a fan of "Bitcoin Banks", but it's all supply and demand that rules the market/industry.

If there are enough people that do see added value in "Bitcoin Banks", and I'm sure there are many people who think like that, then it will become reality.

If people enjoy insured balances, generate interest over their coins, where they also get like a Bitcoin related debit card where they can basically pay everywhere in the world at ultra low cost, then it surely will attract many interested people.

Don't forget that not everyone cares about privacy related aspects. They don't even care about financial freedom as they don't want to take responsibility of managing their own money. They put more faith in a central authority than vice versa.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Mr.ExtraOrdinary

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 01:13:21 PM

I won't support this idea, simply because bitcoin has already many place to be put on and that is bitcoin wallet, 3rd party wallets. In my own opinion you dont have to make a tangible thing for a non-tangible one. So a non-tangble bitcoin is good for a non-tangible wallet. Good bye and let's not welcome bitcoin banks.
Natalim

Activity: 2898
Merit: 590

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 01:52:10 PM

I won't support this idea, simply because bitcoin has already many place to be put on and that is bitcoin wallet, 3rd party wallets. In my own opinion you dont have to make a tangible thing for a non-tangible one. So a non-tangble bitcoin is good for a non-tangible wallet. Good bye and let's not welcome bitcoin banks.
Maybe we have to think that the purpose on why bitcoin was created is because we want to have a decentralized transaction, banks will make it decentralized and we do not want that to happen, we can have our bank in real world while we also have a chance to use a decentralized system.

I don't know what would a bitcoin bank look like but if it's similar with the banking system in the real world, then for sure, lots of people will not support it.

Casabrandy

Activity: 837
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 01:56:40 PM

Maybe we have to think that the purpose on why bitcoin was created is because we want to have a decentralized transaction, banks will make it decentralized and we do not want that to happen, we can have our bank in real world while we also have a chance to use a decentralized system.

I don't know what would a bitcoin bank look like but if it's similar with the banking system in the real world, then for sure, lots of people will not support it.

Right ,let our wallet alone do the security and transactions. There are lots of wallet already that are capable on ensuring the safety and security of our bitcoin as well it only gives free and some small transaction fees . So there is no need for bitcoin bank I will not use it if ever made.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 01:58:44 PM

This is a free market, let people do whatever they want, if it is lucrative or gives another advantages, then people will use it, otherwise it will just fail.

That being said, I would not use a Bitcoin bank because of the fees, that are higher, the bureocracy and the less anonymity. The government or the bank itself may freeze any account at any moment, with or without a reason
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 12:18:47 PM

Smiley
I don't think that's true, still, there are majority of people who trusted banks to safeguard their money. It's not easy to live this world if everything is decentralized, hence we need a decentralized and centralized that work together.
That is true which I said and the proof is the promotion and adoption of bitcoin. Many people yes use banks for their money and finance matters but they do not find any other place for their money and they are bothered with the delay worldwide transactions and high fees.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 12:50:35 PM

Smiley
That is true which I said and the proof is the promotion and adoption of bitcoin. Many people yes use banks for their money and finance matters but they do not find any other place for their money and they are bothered with the delay worldwide transactions and high fees.

For the reason that banks have high transaction fee and long time requirement for transactions bitcoin bank is not the right solution. When we depend on a bank other than a wallet, someone has governance over us which gives the bitcoin a degradation in value similar to a centralized currency.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1478

Rollbit.com Crypto Futures

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 12:58:58 PM

I believe first generation people here hate banks and modern financial system, Bitcoin is an exit point for most of them. But after Bitcoin expand to masses a lot of regular joes come here and we see results of that mindset now. For the first part Bitcoin is revolutionary freedom of monetary system, but for the latter Bitcoin is just a digital money. They think it's ok to hold money (Bitcoin) in banks, it's more secure. I can understand from their point of view but I don't agree at all.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 01:06:14 PM

Personally I don't agree as Bitcoin is a crypto-currency meant to provide anonymous transactions. If we want to give our personal info to an institution we would simply use a bank in our city,but why would you store your bitcoin in a bank when you have your own wallet on your personal computer,or an a paper..lol
freemanjackal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 02:53:48 PM

one of the main ideas behind bitcoin, is descentralization, people that are tired of figure(bank) who dictates teh rules of the market, that would happen if banks control bitcoin, cryptocurrencies are an alternative to bank instution, with no one controllling it, at least in theory. Until now no one control bitcoin market(crytocurrenciees). why will we change that?
Carmen_Sandiego

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 03:03:16 PM

Smiley
I think that if there are people who prefer to see money stored in a centralized institution, then surely fiat currency would be a better choice for these people, because the advantage of Bitcoin lies in the fact that the user who has the coins is the only person in the control of his money. And that's a good thing, in my opinion, because it's like you're your own bank.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 03:06:11 PM

no i do not agree with bitcoin bank because bitcoin has do not need any bank.
anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 03:29:33 PM

Bitcoin was created to free everyone from the control of banks and governments. It is gives you the power to be your own bank! and now we got people asking to make a bitcoin bank, which I think is ridiculous! It against the entire idea of bitcoin, just think for yourself. Banks will centralize everything rather than decentralization.

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: