Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:07:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:01:23 PM

Bitcoin bank is a good idea, because how can we save bitcoin if we don't have this? and how can we receive our income here in campaign if we don't have this. This is really important especially to those who really want to earn a lot of bitcoin, what is a stupid thing about this?

Even without a bank you can save your bitcoin in your wallet. That's the sure thing about it. But with bitcoin bank, if it happens that we already have one, probably we could benefit on what real banks could offer.

But there is no such stupid thing about this, I think this is also a suggestion and for sure there are also a lot of people who will became one of the customers of that bitcoin bank someday.
Maybe the bank can offer a 24 hour ATM machine, an advantage for us if we do have our own ATM anywhere so no need to remit out money in local remittances and wait for how many minutes for confirmation, I am indeed in favor to have our own bank for us to have passbook and can monitor our daily deposit and withdrawals.
if you are searching for te ATM service for your bitcoin then you have to get a bitcoin debit card so you will be able to withdraw your bitcoins anytime from any ATM machine which will accept visa or mastercard from any bank. As that cards are regulated by mastercard and visa card service providers and have the same system as your bank card system.
Isn't that the purpose of your Bitcoin wallet for? To save your Bitcoin. Banks are not highly helpful for us as it cannot do anything better than the volatility that Bitcoin can make. Also there are no helpful functions that Banks can add to Bitcoin. From sending to saving money it can be done by the Bitcoin wallet alone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doomloop

Activity: 2268
Merit: 581

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:13:39 PM

Bitcoin bank is a good idea, because how can we save bitcoin if we don't have this? and how can we receive our income here in campaign if we don't have this. This is really important especially to those who really want to earn a lot of bitcoin, what is a stupid thing about this?

Even without a bank you can save your bitcoin in your wallet. That's the sure thing about it. But with bitcoin bank, if it happens that we already have one, probably we could benefit on what real banks could offer.

But there is no such stupid thing about this, I think this is also a suggestion and for sure there are also a lot of people who will became one of the customers of that bitcoin bank someday.
Maybe the bank can offer a 24 hour ATM machine, an advantage for us if we do have our own ATM anywhere so no need to remit out money in local remittances and wait for how many minutes for confirmation, I am indeed in favor to have our own bank for us to have passbook and can monitor our daily deposit and withdrawals.
if you are searching for te ATM service for your bitcoin then you have to get a bitcoin debit card so you will be able to withdraw your bitcoins anytime from any ATM machine which will accept visa or mastercard from any bank. As that cards are regulated by mastercard and visa card service providers and have the same system as your bank card system.
there is many bitcoin debit card available for withdrawal your bitcoin from anywhere anytime and its very easiest way for bitcoin users they can easily use their bitcoin for direct shopping in local shopping center bitcoin debit card.

the.jack20

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:00:04 PM

i think bitcoin do not need any bank because bitcoin technology is already much more stable and bitcoin is very much secure and safe than bank and we know that bank fess and tax is much more high so bitcoin has do not need any bank.

Yes, bitcoin does not need a bank. This is the purpose of the creation of bitcoin anyway. Everyone can control their own money.
The goal is to establish a decentralized system. Satoshi did it. In my opinion, even if the banks accept the bitcoin, people will not use it.

Because bank systems and bitcoin systems are logically different.
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 832

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:02:15 PM

In bitcoin design, you are your own bank, so I don't agree with the  "Bitcoin" bank idea. That's why people are going on bitcoin because you control your own money not the bank

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 07:37:33 PM

In bitcoin design, you are your own bank, so I don't agree with the  "Bitcoin" bank idea. That's why people are going on bitcoin because you control your own money not the bank
yeah a lot of people like bitcoin because our money in bitcoin in our control and i also do not agree with bitcoin bank because bitcoin bank has a high charges and i can not afford it and bitcoin has no charge and bitcoin transaction fees is very much lower.
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 08:59:57 PM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.

Xapo, Coinbase and Circle, they are all "bitcoin banks", if someone doesn't like them, they don't have to use them...
i thought that or those are wallets, you know that keeps the coin safe online as a crypto currency which bitcoin and other crypto currencies are,...
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:04:48 PM

those that are accepting bitcoin bank or giving a room for such an idea to stand, am pretty sure that they are tax collectors Grin
mamaita

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 12:14:26 AM

bitcoin create its own bank strongly agree, if can be reproduced branches in every country that a lot of users, let them find it more convenient to the real bank of bitcoin, it could add to the confidence of the people who will join the bitcoin users.
Natalim

Activity: 2898
Merit: 590

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:06:28 AM

bitcoin create its own bank strongly agree, if can be reproduced branches in every country that a lot of users, let them find it more convenient to the real bank of bitcoin, it could add to the confidence of the people who will join the bitcoin users.
Bitcoin can be integrated with the current financial institution who are still operating. Bank is a good example to that, if they accept bitcoin as deposits, they can be considered as bitcoin bank already, it would bring more deposits to come and progress of the economy of bitcoin. What we see is a partnership and this brings more investors to come since they are confident to invest knowing the government is supporting bitcoin to be bank partners.

plijxirn

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:56:47 AM

No I do not think that we need something like that because of the fact that its something that is not needed for us right now.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 08:17:25 AM

I here the news about bitcoin bank is opened in Austrian capital Vienna, But firstly they are operating bank with buying and selling bitcoin, make easier and safer than other in-person options. But this digital currency outlet is being managed by Bit Trust block chain. https://www.rt.com/business/376977-austria-first-bitcoin-bank/

This is not a bank i guess. Its sort of an exchange where people buy and sell bitcoins.  Obviously you need a service which gives you opportunity  to buy and sell the coins but we cannot name it as as bank. Bank deal with the govt.  approved currencies and they keep the people deposits and dont sell it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
epitome

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:40:08 AM

Why would anyone invest in a bank when you can have complete control over your money while using bitcoin. So the notion of creating a bank for bitcoin is just absurd as i would not want anyone to have authority over my assets when i have the chance to save it myself.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:57:35 AM

Why on Earth would someone be even thinking of a "bitcoin bank"? I mean, if you know just a little about bitcoin, you'd see that it's completely not needed...

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
OrangeII

Activity: 2058
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 10:11:56 AM

No I do not think that we need something like that because of the fact that its something that is not needed for us right now.

Well, we must have confidence that bitcoin will be something better, and bigger than the bank. for now, bitcoin might not need it, because with the bitcoin itself, the conditions facing banks is threatened. maybe they want to work together to make the bank more in the notice.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 10:17:33 AM

bitcoin bank with the tagline "you be own bank" will disappear because by being a customer at the bank bitcoin identity will be discovered and you've got control of a third party
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 10:18:16 AM

I here the news about bitcoin bank is opened in Austrian capital Vienna, But firstly they are operating bank with buying and selling bitcoin, make easier and safer than other in-person options. But this digital currency outlet is being managed by Bit Trust block chain. https://www.rt.com/business/376977-austria-first-bitcoin-bank/

This is not a bank i guess. Its sort of an exchange where people buy and sell bitcoins.  Obviously you need a service which gives you opportunity  to buy and sell the coins but we cannot name it as as bank. Bank deal with the govt.  approved currencies and they keep the people deposits and dont sell it

There is no single definition that would strictly define what a bank is

The "scientific" definition comes down to saying that a bank is a service which lends money. On the other hand, many people think that a bank is mainly about processing payments. In this manner, Bitcoin is a bank in its own right since it is as much a money as a payment system (hence "be your own bank"). If you ask me, our regular banks allowing to open accounts in Bitcoin would pretty much cut it as Bitcoin banks as well, even if they don't lend these bitcoins directly

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 11:20:00 AM

Why on Earth would someone be even thinking of a "bitcoin bank"? I mean, if you know just a little about bitcoin, you'd see that it's completely not needed...
It's a common thing that people always look for that exact one thing they don't have right now. If they have to throw away the benefits of Bitcoin's decentralized nature to get that one thing, then they will definitely do so.

Especially when they get rewarded for it in form of a certain interest rate over their stored coins. Then it will give them even more incentive to jump on board of what might be named a Bitcoin bank.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Termich

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 11:24:02 AM

Yeah - that's a great idea. A bank.
Do your best to help governments control bitcoin easier.
Why don't we just start a petition and first offer them all of our data, biometrics. It's not like they already have invaded our privacy enough.
South Park

Activity: 2870
Merit: 794

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 04:49:08 PM

I agree with bitcoin bank. We can have a securities with it, we are not going to be afraid on losing our money. We all know that we have the fear on losing our own money. I suggest to have a bitcoin bank, where we can store our own money. Instead of wallet address, we should have the unique account number, for us to store our bitcoin.

I disagree, the existence of the bitcoin surely there must be a different thing. The presence of the bitcoin bank will limit the transaction we do, surely this would have an impact on high cost. In addition, when we made the wallet of course must be through the bank and require legal data. So I conclude that bitcoin bank and fiat money is same and I will leave bitcoin.
Yes, bitcoin Bank is useless, I think even online wallet is save enough. I also Think that if transaction of bitcoin become controled by bank, people Will leave bitcoin. we have our own wallet, if we need to save large amount of bitcoin, we only need to choose the right type of bitcoin wallet. I think hardware wallet is the savest one.
I like bitcoin because no one can control my money or steal it. So I do not like bitcoin bank.
It is really useless since we do have lots of wallets either online or offline and if theres a bitcoin bank then what would be the purpose of those wallets? Then for sure people would still use them even banks will come out but they will not last for sure because people will mainly like to hold their own money without exposing their identity and they have the full access on it.
While this is true, don't underestimate the laziness of people, if they somehow think that securing their coins is too difficult you can bet a bank will seize the opportunity and say they can secure your coins for a price and then bitcoin banks will become a reality.

It's a fact that the average person can't handle the responsibility of taking care of its own money. It's fairly easy to assume that if such a service happens to launch, that people will jump on it. If it offers people whatever level of insurance, then it will give them even more confidence as they then take for granted that their coins are safe. It's a weird way of thinking, but that's how simple people are. If they are able to generate interest over their coins, then it will give these people even more incentive to sign up.
That is actually my fear, I disagree profoundly with the idea of such a service but I'm sure that if such a service saw the day light people will accept it immediately and then we will have the same problem we had with gold, the banks will hoard bitcoin and then lend it with interest and probably find a way to create fractional banking

Could you explain what you mean by the same problem that we (allegedly) had with gold? If you refer to banks accepting gold for storage and then issuing gold receipts which were used as money and whose total value by far exceeded the amount of real gold in bank vaults (which led to bankruptcies and massive bank-runs), with Bitcoin it might not work out since you can always trace the history of every bitcoin in existence. If you just mean lending out bitcoins, then I can't possibly see how it is related to gold. On the other hand, if they demand interest should be paid on loans (which is logic), folks may demand interest on their deposits as well

In short, I don't see anything particularly dangerous or ominous in that activity
I was referring to the bolded part, my fear is that banks create some sort of blockchain over the blockchain, basically you deposit bitcoins with them and then they issue some sort of banking bitcoin that they can print at will and this becomes the currency of choice of the people, that way bankers will pull the same trick they did on gold and will be able to bury bitcoin as they did to gold, I do not know how viable that is, but that is my fear.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 05:18:51 PM

That is actually my fear, I disagree profoundly with the idea of such a service but I'm sure that if such a service saw the day light people will accept it immediately and then we will have the same problem we had with gold, the banks will hoard bitcoin and then lend it with interest and probably find a way to create fractional banking

Could you explain what you mean by the same problem that we (allegedly) had with gold? If you refer to banks accepting gold for storage and then issuing gold receipts which were used as money and whose total value by far exceeded the amount of real gold in bank vaults (which led to bankruptcies and massive bank-runs), with Bitcoin it might not work out since you can always trace the history of every bitcoin in existence. If you just mean lending out bitcoins, then I can't possibly see how it is related to gold. On the other hand, if they demand interest should be paid on loans (which is logic), folks may demand interest on their deposits as well

In short, I don't see anything particularly dangerous or ominous in that activity
I was referring to the bolded part, my fear is that banks create some sort of blockchain over the blockchain, basically you deposit bitcoins with them and then they issue some sort of banking bitcoin that they can print at will and this becomes the currency of choice of the people, that way bankers will pull the same trick they did on gold and will be able to bury bitcoin as they did to gold, I do not know how viable that is, but that is my fear

That has been discussed before

And before Bitcoin (and even before full-fledged fiat issued by commercial banks in the system with a Central bank) folks didn't have much choice. They had to use either gold directly (gold coins, more specifically) or gold receipts which they received in exchange for their gold. Today, people are free to use whatever they want (to a certain degree), so banks will be interested to provide tools which would allow to check if they don't issue more paper bitcoins (so-called bitnotes) than they have real "physical" bitcoins in their underground "vaults"

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: