Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:44:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
Juangutti

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:34:11 PM

Well, if they are generating an interest that is stable, sure. I mean, the reason why a lot of people don't see bitcoin as a good investment is because it doesn't generate interest, and there aren't really any regulated bitcoin banks.

However, if you are storing your bitcoins at a bitcoin bank without interest then what's the point? Just hold onto your private key and you'll be fine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:46:48 PM

Actually it might not be a bad idea to have a bitcoin bank where you could store safely your bitcoin and keep them a few years or hand it down to one of your family members when you get old.
I think it will not be safe, because you save and entrust your bitcoin into the hands of a third party. Especially if the bank is not owned by the government would be very risky when you save bitcoin in it. Very likely they will be a scam So be careful dude Smiley
An1ks

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:38:30 PM

It will happen, first bank will occur, and then everyone will try to hack it, to prove, that actual banking system is much better then Bitcoin.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:55:38 AM

It will happen, first bank will occur, and then everyone will try to hack it, to prove, that actual banking system is much better then Bitcoin.

Hack, how? Hackers can't even crack a single address, let alone a whole banking system. We really have no idea how a bitcoin bank will look like. It can be cloud based, it can have a physical place but one thing is for sure, they will assure that the private keys will not just be stolen from them (assuming that they are legit).

But it's also possible that the government will set a bad example by making a bitcoin bank. And then making it known to the public that they were hacked even though they weren't. So that it will serve an announcement to the public that bitcoin banks aren't safe. Although a man who knows about things will know that it's just FUD.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Lalafell

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:22:43 AM

I completely disagree the idea of bitcoin bank i think we don't need it as bitcoin is meant to remain decentralized always and the idea of bank is to centralize bitcoin. Even some regulated web wallets like coinbase, xapo practice same restrictions like normal banks with lots of account lock down and KYC policies which is completely against what bitcoin was developed for.
I think bitcoin bank is a good idea. However, if there’s a bank who totally accepts bitcoin as a deposit of their costumer I think they can’t handle it well because bitcoin doesn’t have exact value in market. I hope in the near future there will be a bank who allows bitcoin and many people will save their bitcoin to that bank.
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:58:27 AM

I can't vote because I am not sure what you mean.

Option 1:
You mean basically a normal bank which creates f.e. Currency001 which is backed by bitcoin instead of gold. Basically a fiat backed by bitcoin.

For this a definitally NO !! It would destroy the whole idea around BTC

Option 2:
Some organisations where you send your btc too which grant you a interest. They would make some money with lendi g out your coi s or investing in stuff. Basically a fond.

This idea is stupid but I don't mind if someone starts a business like that. It could be called bank too thats why I am not sure about your question.

How you sign uo and how you get verified has nothing to do with the ideology of the organisation in question.

[could be your ad]
smileee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:36:30 AM

I think that we don't need to discard this idea at start. Of course that Bitcoin users have negative opinion when banks are mentioned because they probably think on traditional banking system that Bitcoin is total oposite to. I feel that too. But for Bitcoin bank we can use the best banking features and discard all the worst. I'm not saying that I'm 100% for Bitcoin bank but I'd like to say that this idea maybe could be more developed and adjusted to the Bitcoin.

Not. If the Bitcoin bank appears, the Bitcoin identity will disappear. If we wish to trade money through banks as before, we do not use Bitcoin. Bitcoin banking is a bad idea.

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob ◆ The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █    [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]    █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
Lyancy001

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:53:37 AM

I hope the government will create a bitcoin bank, and there would be insurances that if our Bitcoin Grin is lost in their hands, they will still give us back our Bitcoin.  Grin
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:31:21 PM

I hope the government will create a bitcoin bank, and there would be insurances that if our Bitcoin Grin is lost in their hands, they will still give us back our Bitcoin.  Grin

I certainly doubt that will happen. The scenario that we currently have with the banks is that if your money gets lost because of them, then they are refunding your money. In some countries, when someone hacked you or when you get scammed by someone or just some "theft" stuff has happened, they are refunding your money as well. But the only reason why they do that is because they have unlimited supply of paper money. Yup, unlimited, they are just printing out all the needed paper money and then that's it. Remember, paper money is nothing but paper that people believe it has value.

Bitcoin, on the other hand, once lost is lost. Let's say that the government's very own bitcoin bank gets hacked, they can't do their magic of making more money. Bitcoin is different. They can't just mine instantly these coins and refund their people.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:43:06 PM

As soon as the government will have access to bitcoin accounts it will no longer be bitcoin. It will become ordinary money. For me this is not acceptable. If you are afraid of what your bitcoins are stolen you have to do to take care of their protection. Most break-ins occur through the fault of the users. My opinion is bitcoin the Bank is required. The more state.
ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:15:29 PM

As soon as the government will have access to bitcoin accounts it will no longer be bitcoin. It will become ordinary money. For me this is not acceptable. If you are afraid of what your bitcoins are stolen you have to do to take care of their protection. Most break-ins occur through the fault of the users. My opinion is bitcoin the Bank is required. The more state.
No! I don’t agree with you. Bitcoins are already doing great without banks. Bitcoins offline and online wallets are great ways to store them safely. Banks will be again in the hands of government which will make bitcoins centralized. Even if banks were made, majority won’t trust them. Bitcoins are personal property. Banks will charge customers heavy taxes.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:59:49 PM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.
I don’t agree, I think there are several efforts underway to create on but I think it goes against what bitcoin wants to achieve, I understand that sometimes it is easier to leave someone else to do that job but if you care about your money then you need to administrate your money.
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 671

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:48:02 PM

No! I don’t agree with you. Bitcoins are already doing great without banks. Bitcoins offline and online wallets are great ways to store them safely. Banks will be again in the hands of government which will make bitcoins centralized. Even if banks were made, majority won’t trust them. Bitcoins are personal property. Banks will charge customers heavy taxes.
Bitcoin is a payment system that's why we need to exchange our btc to fiat in order to deposit it to the bank.
I guess at this point the only thing we can consider a bitcoin bank are exchanges, we have a lot of those nowadays and growing
and transactions are smooth so I don't think we need to change anything.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
stergium

Activity: 655

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:34:38 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 01:07:53 AM by stergium

I hope the government will create a bitcoin bank, and there would be insurances that if our Bitcoin Grin is lost in their hands, they will still give us back our Bitcoin.  Grin
i am also not agree with the idea. because i do not want to continue the traditional ways of using money. i think online wallet are the best for keeping our money. from where we can easily widthdraw our money and can use it anyttime and anwywhere we want. i thin k that is the best  option to use bitcoin wallet to keep our bitcoin there.
Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:37:32 PM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.
I dont get the idea of bitcoin banks why do we need to have this banks if we already have the wallets we are using it is already serves as a bank to every cryptocurrency holders i guess i need to agree that this is a stupid idead and will just kill people in fees.
badungs

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:02:35 AM

many people wont to save this coin in other place except own wallet, they thing its realy savefull than place like in the bank. and when hack this bank, all of bitcoin will dissapear at one click. so im not agree with this idea
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:12:16 AM

many people wont to save this coin in other place except own wallet, they thing its realy savefull than place like in the bank. and when hack this bank, all of bitcoin will dissapear at one click. so im not agree with this idea

Banks were also prone in hacking,everything that are technology operated. As well as bitcoin or alts, say both bank and crytos were risky but at the end of the day I will still choose bitcoin, it's me alone who can have access on it and holding it can make its value rise unlike in banks.

TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:19:34 AM

I think bitcoin is okay with the way it's running now, as in, it doesn't need a bank perse. Although bank consciously or not has its way of working with bitcoin (with just the ATM) during conversion
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:00:23 PM

Banks were also prone in hacking,everything that are technology operated. As well as bitcoin or alts, say both bank and crytos were risky but at the end of the day I will still choose bitcoin, it's me alone who can have access on it and holding it can make its value rise unlike in banks.

Banks might be prone to hacking but which do you think is more secure, a bank or your computer? I will choose banks over my own computer because we don't really know what's up with our computer. There might be a virus hiding somewhere and when you've created your wallet, maybe it automatically saves private keys or seeds. Who knows? One thing I know is that banks guarantee your money back in case of fraud or a hack.

In bitcoin, it's you alone who has the private key to access it. But if someone finds your private key, then you're done.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Christian13

Activity: 227

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:47:06 PM

Bitcoin Bank the idea is good, but this plan will not work out. If you want work out, this idea means the first thing you need that your government will accept Bitcoin as a legal currency. First, solve this problem after words we can discuss Bitcoin Bank. Till that, this is a unnesssory discussion.  
I certainly agree to that, bitcoin bank is nice idea. However, there still no bank who accept bitcoin as deposit of their client. In addition to that, I think if there’s a bank who accept bitcoin I guess they can’t handle it well because of the price of bitcoin that doesn’t have exact value in the online market. Lastly, I still believe that in the future there will banks who totally accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: