Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:32:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:16:34 AM

I think that the Bitcoin Bank may be good for newbie users, cause nowadays is easy to forgot your password, lost backup file etc.
(inconsequence lost ur money)
In the bank u can forget everything but u always can recoup things which belong to you. Here you must take care more about yourself, so for many it can be uncomfortable in my opinion.

But BTC destiny is to be decentralized(as everywhere is describe), BTC has a lot of advantages but also some disadvantages (like these listed). And it's your choice what is more important for you or what you do need more.

We must not fall into that trap, that is something I’m sure banks are going to try to use, they will say that your coins are safer with them because you will be able to always retrieve them and things like that, but those are nothing but lies, just write your seed somewhere and you are never going to lose your coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:22:43 AM

I think that the Bitcoin Bank may be good for newbie users, cause nowadays is easy to forgot your password, lost backup file etc.
(inconsequence lost ur money)
In the bank u can forget everything but u always can recoup things which belong to you. Here you must take care more about yourself, so for many it can be uncomfortable in my opinion.

But BTC destiny is to be decentralized(as everywhere is describe), BTC has a lot of advantages but also some disadvantages (like these listed). And it's your choice what is more important for you or what you do need more.

We must not fall into that trap, that is something I’m sure banks are going to try to use, they will say that your coins are safer with them because you will be able to always retrieve them and things like that, but those are nothing but lies, just write your seed somewhere and you are never going to lose your coins.
We are going forward let's not bend backward and go again on that idea. We came from that thing and learn from that thing. That doesn't mean we have to use banks again.
Sure it will open a new job opportunities and would help alot. But let us think of the long term effect of this.
Bitcoin is decentralized and maybe banks are not the solution on making bitcoin usage a safer way. It is not greediness becaus we are trying to control our OWN money. Ig is taking the responsibility and the full benefit of the coin that we have been working on for a long time of hardships.

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
OVERT
BOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄░░░▄▄▄▄░░▀███████▄
█████████░░░████░░░████████
█████████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░░████░░░░███████
▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▀░░░▄██████▀
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
ANN
THREAD
|Go-Overt
Powered by [banned mixer]
Rinaze

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:25:59 AM

BTC "bank" could be interesting. There's a few exchanges that allow you to lend out your currency coins while getting interest and a faucet that promote that you deposit your Bitcoin with them to earn interest so all of these kind of act like a "legit bank" too in my opinion of current times.

Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:33:46 AM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.

Xapo, Coinbase and Circle, they are all "bitcoin banks", if someone doesn't like them, they don't have to use them...

I agree with you. all things must have a likes or not, depending on each assessment.
for me, "Bitcoints Bank" is a good idea, especially now. because with the "Bitcoints Bank" can facilitate the exchange performance of bitcoints or other cryptocurrency.
btcboss71

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

HIBEGYB MTO-sale Aug 9-50 || GTRUJDSAGR Aug 61

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 03:35:05 AM

It Is Not Very good Concept, we have  formerly our Private banks. BTC is safe by Itself without any controls of central Bank or Govt. If any third - party get engaged with BTC Transaction  then it will become precarious.

Brickblock.ioTHE FUTURE OF STOCK TRADING ON THE BLOCKCHAINBrickblock.io
REAL ESTATE FUNDS EXCHANGE TRADED FUNDS CRYPTO TRADED FUNDS
TelegramFacebook ❰ Crowd Sale starts 31st of October ❱ TwitterMedium
fossilized

Activity: 86

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:01:19 AM

The idea of a bank for bitcoins is really for those who do not understand the concept of a blockchain. A bank for bitcoin just cannot exist, unless we are talking about an organisation that has a large wallet and runs a fractional reserve system for lending and borrowing of bitcoins. And that is what some exchanges are already doing.

farhansadik

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:03:50 AM

Bitcoin is so popular for It's Decentralization, It gives freedom & full Access to people without any kind of Asking of Government Besides Banks are totally centralized & must to maintain national and international laws. Why I need any Third-party who wanted to involve with my own Money who wanted to take extra fees it is totally unnecessary and costly! Always Digital Transaction is Good rather than Bank.
Somz1

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:08:43 AM

Could be hit or miss,bank would create centralization
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:18:15 AM

No, this is a bad idea, a step to centralizing bitcoin and it is not what we wish to be the future for bitcoin.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:14:43 AM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.
In a way yes, and in a way no. The bankers are going to be way very richer than even the customers because they’re going to be charging exorbitant fees for their transactions, and if the market crashes the bank might not want to release all your funds
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:22:33 AM

Isn't our bitcoin wallets are bitcoin bank? Since we store our money in terms of bitcoin. Also it has investment part that has an interest rate depending on the price increase of bitcoin. The wallet is fully controlled by its users. So why implement something such as "bitcoin bank" making it redundant.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:16:50 PM

The only interest at a bitcoin bank would be able to trade anytime any ammount without be worried to get funds frozen from the bank, besides that sure some are interested into what the banks can provide to let your coins there, im talking about the fee they would give, like fiat savings. But i dont like it at all, im my own bank i dont need anymore bank to control my money at all, and i can lend my bitcoins at some exchanges as well here, soo i dont see any sense to make such besides be allowed  to trade without issues.
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 04:33:56 PM

Xapo, Coinbase and Circle, they are all "bitcoin banks", if someone doesn't like them, they don't have to use them...

I tend to think of Coinbase more as an exchange than as anything else.  I do have a Shift card (Visa debit) tied to it that can draw from the balance, but my balance at Coinbase is currently zero.  Most of my holdings are in a Trezor, with only a pocket-change equivalent spendable from Mycelium without the Trezor.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:50:07 PM

I tend to think of Coinbase more as an exchange than as anything else.  I do have a Shift card (Visa debit) tied to it that can draw from the balance, but my balance at Coinbase is currently zero.  Most of my holdings are in a Trezor, with only a pocket-change equivalent spendable from Mycelium without the Trezor.
From what I know they are not "banks" but they are "wallets" in which we can store our Bitcoin. Yes they do both have the function of storing your money but the difference is a bank is a business in which it loans out your money and pays you interest in return which Bitcoin wallets don't do it as they only store Bitcoin and they can also exchange with their in-app functions but they don't give any interest whatsoever.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
dasana212

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:26:16 PM

Word 'bank' more identical to institutions or groups that manage or regulate circulation of something valuable such money and if placed on bitcoin, it eliminates original idea of bitcoin initiator that's an anonymous nature and exchange rate can be intervened or monopolized by one or more parties. Existence bitcoin will be defeated by altcoin which has and endures with anonymity.
laxinternational

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:30:27 PM

Word 'bank' more identical to institutions or groups that manage or regulate circulation of something valuable such money and if placed on bitcoin, it eliminates original idea of bitcoin initiator that's an anonymous nature and exchange rate can be intervened or monopolized by one or more parties. Existence bitcoin will be defeated by altcoin which has and endures with anonymity.

I never can adopt the word "bank" here. The idea and concept of bitcoin should not let this happen anyways. We're not here to buy bitcoins if they will be integrate into a centralized systems such as banks and financial institutions. Bitcoin should stay decentralized.
Rifat403

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:35:15 PM

Yes i agree with this idea for bitcoin bank. I think it is good for all botcoin users. Because bank is safe for all. So it is badly needed for all bitcoin users. Bit coin bank will give good service for all bitcoin users. So i agree with this idea. Thank you.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:04:58 PM

Yes i agree with this idea for bitcoin bank. I think it is good for all botcoin users. Because bank is safe for all. So it is badly needed for all bitcoin users. Bit coin bank will give good service for all bitcoin users. So i agree with this idea. Thank you.
And the award for the best shitposter goes to...(I hope you are honoured)
Just so you know,the term bank itself is cancer when you speak about it so openly when you're a bitcoin lover.Bitcoin is against anything that controls your money for you.
But anyway,you're a shitposter,there is no point further clarifying the details.
Rifat0099

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:40:50 AM

Yes I agree with this idea bitcoin bank. I think bitcoin bank serve us great service. Bitcoin bank is more secure. So I agree with bitcoin bank.
JohnCryptonian

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:43:44 AM

I think that's just defeats the purpose of being decentralized by Bitcoin, it made another thing like a middle man. It serves it like that and I don't agree with it because someone would hold my funds again. If I'm correct, Ripple is somewhat like that but I'm not really sure. It's awesome to think about it but what's change is that the mode of transacting.
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: