Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:15:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
trk

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:00:11 AM

No I dont,
What's the purpose of decentralized if it has a bank to regulate it?
Every one with btc coin can buy or sell as they wish from their own wallet

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marble777

Activity: 736
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:30:12 AM

No I dont,

bitcoin has become an independent bank because the peer to peer system has been created to be self-managed . I think just the opposite if the reference is a global economy, meaning the bank will later adjust the bitcoin system.
all good like this, we no longer need to think about the theory of interest, taxes, and salaries of employees and directors.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:08:50 AM

No I dont,

Usually that's what's going to happen if we would have a bitcoin bank. They will be in control of the bitcoin we deposit. Come to think of it, exchanges are almost like that, they just need a little modification so that they could move the bitcoin and utilize it and at the same time let you cash it out whenever you want.

I do agree with bitcoin bank, as long as we will benefit from it, and not just them.

danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:23:55 AM

the Bitcoin network has a public record called "blockchain". This record contains all transactions ever processed, allowing the user's computer to verify the validity of each transaction. so, even without a bank, every transaction can happen.

GuyGerald

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:17:45 AM

Bitcoin is sign of liberty and decentralization, obtaining a bank with DB of all the clients, silly concept.

When talking about cryptocurrency the meaning of the word "bank" changes. It's not like with fiat banks. Blockchain and decentralization still works

Agree. This is just what I thought first when started to read this thread.
GuyGerald

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:30:00 AM

Doesnt seem a good idea if bitcoins have banks. Because that means, bank can manage and monitor bitcoin traffic that occurs between the holders. So, purpose of founder isn't achieved.

Why do you think that the purpose of founder is in anonimity? I see it from decentralisation view more. Since the decentralisation is guaranteed by the nature of blockchain banks unavailable to centralise it again. So the purpose of founder is achieved already.

If I control my personal data I can share a part of them to a service which is helpful for me. Why not?
GuyGerald

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:36:17 AM

the Bitcoin network has a public record called "blockchain". This record contains all transactions ever processed, allowing the user's computer to verify the validity of each transaction. so, even without a bank, every transaction can happen.

That's correct, but bank is not a transactions provider only. Banks are responsible for safety also
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 10:37:05 AM

Why do we need "Bitcoin bank" where in fact we already have bank in the forms of web based wallets that are reliable and secure for a long time? Well, not unless if all those wallets will have bad issues that would destroy their reputations to its users would then be the best reason to shift to that "Bitcoin bank" with no ounce of hesitation.

GuyGerald

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:57:51 AM

Why do we need "Bitcoin bank" where in fact we already have bank in the forms of web based wallets that are reliable and secure for a long time? Well, not unless if all those wallets will have bad issues that would destroy their reputations to its users would then be the best reason to shift to that "Bitcoin bank" with no ounce of hesitation.

Why don't we need to read at least couple of messages above?  Grin
stugots2

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:03:13 AM

you figure its already a "bank" I agree

Damn near any wallet, Flash or Exchange account (even pool accounts) can be considered a bank account of sorts, I figure that keeps it more "private" then a traditional bank, however the concept is kinda cool I can not lie.... lol
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:46:16 AM

What is the use of bitcoin wallets if there are bitcoin banks? I mean, you can just save your bitcoins in your bitcoin wallet and not in these "bitcoin banks"? Better use a bitcoin wallet where no one is controling and holding my bitcoin but myself. Also I can manage it in my own, well if the user has their porblem in holding and using his or her bitcoins they can hire someone or a third party to help them.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
majdoso

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:36:13 PM

Yes of course, i agree with the idea of Bitcoin bank instead of real one, because in case of a virtual bank, there will be not taxes and impositions while real banks are so greedy about money. Added to that, the price of bitcoin is so impressive wich attracts everyone to come and invest.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:43:07 PM

Yes of course, i agree with the idea of Bitcoin bank instead of real one, because in case of a virtual bank, there will be not taxes and impositions while real banks are so greedy about money. Added to that, the price of bitcoin is so impressive wich attracts everyone to come and invest.
Just like what the traditional banks, they will just your deposited bitcoins in their own desires and wants and you will not notice it because the only thing that you know about banks is they are doing good in your money and they are just keeping your money in a safe place but in reality, they are using your bitcoin to their seen opportunities to generate more so you are like lending the bank so it is better to keep it on our own rather than to trust bitcoin bank.
GuyGerald

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:15:24 PM

Just like what the traditional banks, they will just your deposited bitcoins in their own desires and wants and you will not notice it because the only thing that you know about banks is they are doing good in your money and they are just keeping your money in a safe place but in reality, they are using your bitcoin to their seen opportunities to generate more so you are like lending the bank so it is better to keep it on our own rather than to trust bitcoin bank.

That's not really necessary for a bitcoin bank to store your deposited bitcoins to provide you with some banking services. It just needs to have an access to your wallet.
chainese

Activity: 299
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:04:24 PM

That's not really necessary for a bitcoin bank to store your deposited bitcoins to provide you with some banking services. It just needs to have an access to your wallet.

Agree with this. More than that I almost don't care about my anonimity and have never had a problem with that. Perhaps it because I'm not rich and do any crime. So why should I restrict myself from some part comfort that I could have
Mr.Mittelman

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:33:04 PM

Bitcoin is sign of liberty and decentralization, obtaining a bank with DB of all the clients, silly concept.

When talking about cryptocurrency the meaning of the word "bank" changes. It's not like with fiat banks. Blockchain and decentralization still works

Exactly. What is a fundamental product banks produce? Ability to trust the financial system. I see it like in situation with traditional banks people buy trust from banks. Banks sell trust and provide safe transactions, help to use money globally, and make other useful stuff. It's like exchange of trust to money. In the situation of blockchain-based cryptoeconomy people don't need to trust the system anymore. That fact misleads many people to the point that we don't need banks anymore.

Since blockchain solves the problem of trust in financial transaction instead people don't need to storage money in banks. That's true. But it doesn't mean people don't need banks. Banks have a big technological infrastructure and the best financial expertise in risks avoiding.
Mike | Crypterium

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:55:09 AM

Exactly. What is a fundamental product banks produce? Ability to trust the financial system. I see it like in situation with traditional banks people buy trust from banks. Banks sell trust and provide safe transactions, help to use money globally, and make other useful stuff. It's like exchange of trust to money. In the situation of blockchain-based cryptoeconomy people don't need to trust the system anymore. That fact misleads many people to the point that we don't need banks anymore.

Since blockchain solves the problem of trust in financial transaction instead people don't need to storage money in banks. That's true. But it doesn't mean people don't need banks. Banks have a big technological infrastructure and the best financial expertise in risks avoiding.

Also current cryptocurrency system lacks speed and use cases and a good cryptocurrency bank can solve those problems
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:09:35 AM

I think the bank is a place to save money. Instead of xapo, coinbase, and blockchain.info it is a Bitcoin bank. the bank already exists, why are you talking about it?
Mike | Crypterium

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:59:01 AM

I think the bank is a place to save money. Instead of xapo, coinbase, and blockchain.info it is a Bitcoin bank. the bank already exists, why are you talking about it?

If you are talking about like middleages banks, then yes, bank is just a safe place for money. Current, or, i'd even say a legacy banking system, which opirates with fiat, has a lot more of functions and beleive it or not, cryptocurrency banks will exceed those in a number of functions, benefiting those, who choose crypto
seaqrioy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:10:01 AM

It is reasonable to exist. But I certainly don't like the bank. This is contrary to the original intention of bitcoin and the original intention of blockchain. Someone might be interested in it and deposit it in bitcoins for interest, but I won't.

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: