Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:44:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is blockchain.info trustworthy?  (Read 535 times)
bitbit (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:44:23 AM

I'm considering storing my coins in an online wallet at blockchain.info. I'm totally new to bitcoin, and I'm definitely not a computer geek, so is this maybe the safest option for me?

Is it an advantage to have multiple online wallets instead of only one? Which one(s) do you recommend?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:55:11 AM

I'm considering storing my coins in an online wallet at blockchain.info. I'm totally new to bitcoin, and I'm definitely not a computer geek, so is this maybe the safest option for me?

Is it an advantage to have multiple online wallets instead of only one? Which one(s) do you recommend?

If you are going to use an online wallet, the only one I would recommend would be blockchain.info.  It is generally pretty safe and reliable, but I'd make sure to have a backup of my wallet sent to me on a regular basis so that I can still access my bitcoins if they ever shut down.
HW4Bitcoins

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:01:46 AM

maybe read a step-by-step guide on securing your bitcoins (without a site), and do a trial run using a small amount (in case you mess something up and loose the keys)
agnostic98

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 06:48:15 AM

I think at this point, there is an advantage to having multiple online wallets, to be able to see which wallet develops more features and more security. Also, it's a good idea not to store too many coins per address and try to split it out that way.

bitbit (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 01:25:44 PM

If you are going to use an online wallet, the only one I would recommend would be blockchain.info.  It is generally pretty safe and reliable, but I'd make sure to have a backup of my wallet sent to me on a regular basis so that I can still access my bitcoins if they ever shut down.

How do I do that?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: