Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: coinjedi / betsofbitco.in SCAMMERS: Declares "Push" on obvious win for BFL bet  (Read 27975 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:54:49 PM

Last 3 trolls seem to be missing the fact that the bet deadline was at the end of April 1, not the start of it.

I have no interest in this bet either way, but this alone would seem to decide the bet.  Luke, you're not stupid, so how can you get this so wrong?  Are you still claiming to have no interest in the bet?  Do you claim that April 1st is before April 1st?

The title was "Butterfly Labs will not ship ASIC-based Bitforce SC products before April 2013" and the body said "For this statement to be false, both of the two following conditions must be met: Before April 1st 2013, at least one BFL customer [...]".

Something happening in April does not happen before April, by the definition of "before".

Shouldn't that be the end of it?

Why admit to the obvious when for a few BTC he could just go JoelKatz all over the forum?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:57:29 PM

Why admit to the obvious when for a few BTC he could just go JoelKatz all over the forum?

I must have missed something while I was gone. Is that in reference to Ripple?

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:05:13 PM

Oh, Joel had a minor meltdown all over the forums some time ago defending a clear scammer against the tag being all katzwordy and stuff and encircling himself in ever more absurd arguments. It was pretty boss to look at in a "man that poor guy sure has gone off the deep end" kind of way.

I forget who that was about, though. Anyone?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:38:44 PM

Oh, Joel had a minor meltdown all over the forums some time ago defending a clear scammer against the tag being all katzwordy and stuff and encircling himself in ever more absurd arguments. It was pretty boss to look at in a "man that poor guy sure has gone off the deep end" kind of way.

Cursory search leads me to believe "PatrickHarnett" shortly after that whole pirate debacle?

For a moment there, I thought you might have sarcastically been referring to me, but I specifically remember him giving some of the most accurate reasoning to why what I had done was wrong (with my prank bet), and it was his posts that made me rethink my attitude in the first place (they made the most sense to me and forced me to change the way I think).

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:00:56 PM

Visit the following http://alphapcbdesigns.com/ and click Testimonies.

It took me several hours, but I was able to narrow down the possibilities.

The reason the search term is shifted to the right is because at first I thought I was only going to crop the map, later opting to crop in the text on the left side of the map.

I love that when you click on the testimonials page you get "click back SOON to read testimonials from satisfied customers".   Does that mean BFL was their first.

Ironically, the same exact page(s) has been up for 7 years now: http://web.archive.org/web/20060824041322/http://www.alphapcbdesigns.com/

And not a single testimonial. Hell, even BFL hasn't given them one. Perhaps that is why BFL contracted them to do their BCPs--all the positive testimonials (and they are Greek). Which begs the question, who came first? Nasser or Vleisides? Nasser claims to bringing onboard Sonny in spite of his background, yet BFL's first facility was owned by Sonny's step dad.

Boys, we've been lied to from Day 1.

I'm curious, why do you think BFL uses Alpha? They're a design house, but most seem to believe Nasser is the one doing the PCB designs. The facility in Chicago is the assembly house that mounts the components onto the PCBs. There's no indication that the PCBs themselves are made in Chicago (Alpha doesn't actually make PCBs anyway, they resell services) or that they were designed in Chicago.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:26:09 PM

How quickly we forget the cherry truck! There was even a commemorative piece of artwork made for that occasion. Was it a 10 BTC prize I think?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 05:23:10 AM

looks like http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1444 is now closed

I still think they should wait until either:

1. An actual customer shows images/video of a Jalapeño none if this free/developer unit BS
or
2.  May 1, 2013 end of day Eastern Time

In my opinion all we have is BFL_Jody saying they shipped customer units.. they have lied a lot about deadlines should we really trust them till we know for sure?

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:12:53 AM

looks like http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1444 is now closed

I still think they should wait until either:

1. An actual customer shows images/video of a Jalapeño none if this free/developer unit BS
or
2.  May 1, 2013 end of day Eastern Time

In my opinion all we have is BFL_Jody saying they shipped customer units.. they have lied a lot about deadlines should we really trust them till we know for sure?
"Betting deadline is past. This statement is awaiting the event."
"Bet deadline: April 21, 2013 end of day Eastern Time
Event date: May 1, 2013 end of day Eastern Time"

The are waiting until May 1. What else would you like them to do?
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:30:00 AM

I guess I'd like them to pay out the winners of the other BFL bet since it's clearly not really a draw.

BFL didn't ship anything.  Luke visited BFL and worked on it there.
The board Luke was working on wasn't one of the three models that the bet was regarding.
The photos were posted in April, but the bet calls for photos posted before April.

Pick any one of those 3.  They all independently mean the bet wasn't a draw.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:36:20 AM

I guess I'd like them to pay out the winners of the other BFL bet since it's clearly not really a draw.

BFL didn't ship anything.  Luke visited BFL and worked on it there.
The board Luke was working on wasn't one of the three models that the bet was regarding.
The photos were posted in April, but the bet calls for photos posted before April.

Pick any one of those 3.  They all independently mean the bet wasn't a draw.
Well obviously. I don't think you see many legitimate people here arguing that particular bet was ended properly. I'm not sure what problem swordfish has with the other bet, though.
swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 10:06:53 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2013, 10:19:46 AM by swordfish6975

I'm not sure what problem swordfish has with the other bet, though.

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1444
Editor's note: BFL claimed shipping on 4/22.
this isn't clear, I would have liked a bit better explanation saying that they would wait until a customer had one?

seems like there taking BFL's side... I do see there waiting but perhaps tomorrow they see a video of a dev unit and close the bet?

Also after the stuff up with the last bet like this I think I am well within my rights to be a bit nervous as to how "fairly" this will be decided?

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:31:40 PM

Also after the stuff up with the last bet like this I think I am well within my rights to be a bit nervous as to how "fairly" this will be decided?

They'll probably have Puke-Jr go to their office and take a photo of him with a glass jar of pickled jalapeno peppers, and then say they delivered Jalapenos.
thoughtcourier

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:15:45 PM

Late to this party because I had no stake. Agree that the bet should have been "true", but no evidence exists that CoinJedi was not using his best judgement when he made this a draw.

As many people have said, a lot of pressure was applied to BFL (whether internally or externally) to win this bet, and it's a shame that they resorted to trying to win it with their developer/prototype. On the other hand, everyone should be aware that BFL has a poor reputation at best and should expect this kind of bad behavior.
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:41:12 AM

Late to this party because I had no stake. Agree that the bet should have been "true", but no evidence exists that CoinJedi was not using his best judgement when he made this a draw.

Honest or not, it shows that his "best judgment" is not worth shit.

This means the site is unreliable.  Maybe it will pay out when you make a bet.  Maybe the site will just cheat you out of your winnings instead.  You can't really be sure.

All a betting site has is its reputation.  This site's reputation is, or should be, gone.  I wouldn't bet a bitmill there at this point.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:25:09 PM

On the other hand, everyone should be aware that BFL has a poor reputation at best and should expect this kind of bad behavior.

This should not excuse what they did.

I still would love to hear any argument from anyone as to why they should not be given scammer tags. No one has defended or even denied what they did.

I'd like to see some sort of statement from Theymos. Even if it's just something like: "It's my forum and I'm not giving Luke or Inaba scammer tags period."
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:15:27 PM

I'd like to see some sort of statement from Theymos. Even if it's just something like: "It's my forum and I'm not giving Luke or Inaba scammer tags period."

Theymos' opinion is that scammers are just fine and don't get a tag as long as they don't do the scamming on the forums.

Buy & Hold
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:34:58 PM

Theymos' opinion is that scammers are just fine and don't get a tag as long as they don't do the scamming on the forums.

coinjedi's signature says:

Bets of Bitcoin
http://betsofbitco.in/

That means he's linking to his operation in every post.

How is that not "scamming on the forums"?  He's using the forum to post links to a site which refuses to pay out rightful winners.

Pirate had a website which he linked to from the forums as well.  Does that mean he wasn't scamming on the forums?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:53:43 PM

Or if they pay advertising fees to do their scamming on the forums, like BFL.
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:15:03 PM

Bets of Bitcoin

How is that not "scamming on the forums"?  He's using the forum to post links to a site which refuses to pay out rightful winners.

Pirate had a website which he linked to from the forums as well.  Does that mean he wasn't scamming on the forums?

Nope it isn't. It may be a technicality but the bet was made on their own website with their own terms..... Everyone that took the bet, took the terms with them!

If coinjedi would have made a special thread assigned towards this bet here, then theymos (or the mods) would consider a "scammers tag" for him and them....

If i would put betsofbitcoin into my signature, would that mean I'm in any case affiliated with them?

I link to bitcoin.de with a referral link.... does that mean if they do something bad I'm partly responsible?

Calling this bet a draw was a poor idea... Evidence points to a clear WIN! BUt what can theymos or this forum do about this? Is the TAG now a solution for everything thats bat with bitcoin? Maybe we all deserve one one day Smiley

darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:07:32 PM

Bets of Bitcoin

Nope it isn't. It may be a technicality but the bet was made on their own website with their own terms..... Everyone that took the bet, took the terms with them!

And they changed the goddamn terms.  Jesus Christ, how simple does it have to get.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: