Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GNT] Golem Project - The world’s most powerful supercomputer  (Read 380686 times)
chasmiclysm

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:13:27 AM

will this https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/news/ibm-to-sell-use-of-its-new-17-qubit-quantum-computer-over-the-cloud/
be a competition to Golem project? Speed-wise, it will easily beat GNT

A few of my thoughts -

1. The IBM computer is not decentralized (in the coming years I believe the public will view decentralized systems with the same trust dynamic as they view the green SSL bar. Right not, it's not a big deal, but in the future, if a company isn't built on the blockchain, I believe they risk being left behind - perhaps in 5-7 years we will see this. I think sentiment is already showing signs of this starting to develop.)
2. The IBM quantum computer is a development in *hardware* and fundamental computer process.
3. Referring to point 2, I surmise that Golem (being software) can be adapted to quantum hardware in the future.
4. Golem, I think, will have great social interest in the future due to the fact that it will be one of the market providers in this new age of renting out computing power from regular desktops (which is rapidly being ushered in)
5. Like the article mentions, we're not quite there with quantum computers being competitive. Look at just that alone (time-frame) Golem has advantage.

My general intuition is that this poses little to no threat to Golem at this time.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:15:23 AM

Hello everyone, I'm newbie. I stored Golems in myetherwallet.com, now I want to withdraw from it to bittrex. But I got the messsage "You need to have 0.01 ETH in your account to cover the cost of gas. Please add some ETH and try again.". Can anyone help me? Do I have to send 0.01 ETH to myetherwallet to make it works? Thank you!

If you want to use this wallet for regular use than you must have enough amount to cover gas fee. I think around 0.10 ETH would be nice to keep it in wallet in future use for other tokens.
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:01:38 AM

Hello,everyone,I am interested in the ICO project SONM(Supercomputer organized by network mining) recently. I read the whitepaper and found that there was a comparison between SONM and Golem as shown in following picture. It looks like the SONM has much advantages over Golem. And i want to know if there is any disadvantages when compared to Golem.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
keyboardwalking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:13:55 AM

Hello,everyone,I am interested in the ICO project SONM(Supercomputer organized by network mining) recently. I read the whitepaper and found that there was a comparison between SONM and Golem as shown in following picture. It looks like the SONM has much advantages over Golem. And i want to know if there is any disadvantages when compared to Golem.

"hi im trying to fud golem and not being subtle about it"

also, sonm is dogpoop
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:14:00 AM

Seems btc price and altcoins price is already corrected, i am very happy to my portfolio. Almost 30% of that is in golem, I'm still on board with you guys, still Holding, waiting for the years to come. I just think maybe the project can developed faster since many is copying and innovating the ideas which you can apply for yourself as well. As they say, First impression always lasts..like BTC.
KGBx

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:37:33 PM

Recent +40% for Golem is astonishing! It's the altcoin growth leader right now  Shocked

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
pumz

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:57:59 PM

There are right now some projects trying to achieve same things with different approaches. Golem is indeed astonishing project at this moment everyone is trying separately but in future I am sure these projects will co-operate to achieve similar goals by putting heads to together. Sharing is way of learning which is a continuous state which ease the way.
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 01:19:00 PM

Has the Google investment been confirmed? Or was this eventually an editted page by some random person?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:08:30 PM

"hi im trying to fud golem and not being subtle about it"

also, sonm is dogpoop
lol they forgot XEL. the leading decentral supercomputer with own language and supernodes
konamist

Activity: 243

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:47:05 PM

Recent +40% for Golem is astonishing! It's the altcoin growth leader right now  Shocked

Yeah, Golem is taking the lead on polo today. It has also broken the ATH vs. BTC (disregarding the first few minutes), and it will break $1 soon.

john312

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:06:14 PM

Great profits for ICO investors.
ibatcakes

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:49:26 PM

Golem has a great potentional, lets see where we will be in a year or two.
hansen.ng

Activity: 632

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:29:50 PM

will this https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/news/ibm-to-sell-use-of-its-new-17-qubit-quantum-computer-over-the-cloud/
be a competition to Golem project? Speed-wise, it will easily beat GNT

A few of my thoughts -

1. The IBM computer is not decentralized (in the coming years I believe the public will view decentralized systems with the same trust dynamic as they view the green SSL bar. Right not, it's not a big deal, but in the future, if a company isn't built on the blockchain, I believe they risk being left behind - perhaps in 5-7 years we will see this. I think sentiment is already showing signs of this starting to develop.)
2. The IBM quantum computer is a development in *hardware* and fundamental computer process.
3. Referring to point 2, I surmise that Golem (being software) can be adapted to quantum hardware in the future.
4. Golem, I think, will have great social interest in the future due to the fact that it will be one of the market providers in this new age of renting out computing power from regular desktops (which is rapidly being ushered in)
5. Like the article mentions, we're not quite there with quantum computers being competitive. Look at just that alone (time-frame) Golem has advantage.

My general intuition is that this poses little to no threat to Golem at this time.
1. The thing is not everything needs to be decentralized, something works better without decentralization. The decentralization hype will die down eventually.
2. If you can solve the computation with one hardware, why the need of using the whole world hashpower?
3. Only if consumers have needs to solve problem that needs multiple quantum computer processing power.
4. only if the price is competitive and indeed the speed is comparable to quantum computer.
5. GNT isn't fully functional as well, looks like this is a race of time.

PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
WITH BITCOIN'S HASHRATE

POWERS SuperNET
TECHNOLOGY
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
Freaks
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:33:02 PM

Golem is on my list for long term investment I'm not in a hurry to make quick profit and cry later. If we want to take maximum advantage by this project than we forget about this for 2 year than it will be worth to it for holding this.
sanas

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:40:41 PM

I'm very sorry for the investors of the upcoming ICO project SONM. They will definitely incur large losses from investing in it. We need to remember all the users who in various branches of the forum aggressively advertise this project.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
DXB2017

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 07:21:24 PM

Has the Google investment been confirmed? Or was this eventually an editted page by some random person?

I read YES!

█████
     █████
     █████       ▄██████████▄        ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄
     █████     ▄██████████████▄     █████▄   ▄█████   █████▄   ▄█████
     █████    █████▀▀    ▀▀█████     ▀█████▄█████▀     ▀█████▄█████▀
     █████   █████          █████      ▀███████▀         ▀███████▀
     █████   █████          █████        █████             █████
     █████   █████          █████      ▄███████▄         ▄███████▄
     █████    █████▄▄       █████    ▄█████▀█████▄     ▄█████▀█████▄
    █████▀     ▀█████████   █████   █████▀   ▀█████   █████▀   ▀█████
▄▄██████▀        ▀███████   █████    ▀█▀       ▀█▀     ▀█▀       ▀█▀
██████▀
███▀▀
Y O U R   B L O C K C H A I N   I N T E R F A C E
▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Jaxx
Android        iOS        OS X        Chrome        Windows        Linux
     ▄██████████████████████████████▄
     ██▀                          ▀▀▀
     ██                        ▄███████████████▄
     ██                        █               █
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     █               █
████▄▄▄████                    █               █
█         █                    █               █
█         █ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █               █
█         █ ████████▄▄████████ █               █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█       ▄▄▄▄▄▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀████▄████▀   ▄▄██████████▄▄   ▀███████▄███████▀
ibatcakes

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:53:36 PM

Golem is on my list for long term investment I'm not in a hurry to make quick profit and cry later. If we want to take maximum advantage by this project than we forget about this for 2 year than it will be worth to it for holding this.

Were on the same boat then Smiley cya with your new lambo in 2 years
hansen.ng

Activity: 632

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:55:05 PM

I'm very sorry for the investors of the upcoming ICO project SONM. They will definitely incur large losses from investing in it. We need to remember all the users who in various branches of the forum aggressively advertise this project.
what's the reasoning behind your statement?

PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
WITH BITCOIN'S HASHRATE

POWERS SuperNET
TECHNOLOGY
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
Duomo

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 02:55:22 AM

Golem Token will be worth $1+ very soon with their fantastic development. I see that other ICOS are trying to make GNT tokens look like they have faults but they will addressed along the way.
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:57:43 AM

Did you see any confirmation on this by the golem admins or devs, as per i can see, its actually rumors at the moment. But don't worry, because golem is still a nice token that can be valuable in the future.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: