Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:53:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resizing cgminer window  (Read 2750 times)
autonomous42 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:57:23 PM

Searching is fruitless, I've found. I want to make my cgminer window larger as the number of cards I have cuts off information. I've seen screenshots of larger windows and I'd like that, too.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:56:43 AM

cgminer doesn't run in a window, it runs in a terminal (the terminal itself may run in a window, or it may not). You must set your terminal to the desired size before running cgminer (the procedure for doing this depends on what terminal program you are using); resizing your terminal while cgminer is running will not work correctly.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
NEcom

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:28:36 AM

If you're on windows and launching the command prompt, you can right click the title bar, select properties, and in the "Layout" tab alter the screen buffer size (line width and scroll history) and the window size (viewport size).

There are ways to launch cmd.exe by passing parameters to it for things like colors.  It seems like I used to make a shortcut for a cmd window that came up resized and spiffily-colored, but I don't recall.  I use Linux now so it's been a while since I cared how Windows cmd works.  I have to use it still, but I don't spend enough time to customize it.

HTH.
autonomous42 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:56:36 PM

If you're on windows and launching the command prompt, you can right click the title bar, select properties, and in the "Layout" tab alter the screen buffer size (line width and scroll history) and the window size (viewport size).

There are ways to launch cmd.exe by passing parameters to it for things like colors.  It seems like I used to make a shortcut for a cmd window that came up resized and spiffily-colored, but I don't recall.  I use Linux now so it's been a while since I cared how Windows cmd works.  I have to use it still, but I don't spend enough time to customize it.

HTH.

Thanks for the tip. But then this happens: The window is larger but cgminer prints to the same area. I want to be able to see all the information that is cut off.
https://i.imgur.com/J2j3V3c.png
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:57:29 PM

Searching is fruitless, I've found. I want to make my cgminer window larger as the number of cards I have cuts off information. I've seen screenshots of larger windows and I'd like that, too.

Kind of off topic but how did you get that epic address in your signature?
autonomous42 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:59:29 PM

Kind of off topic but how did you get that epic address in your signature?

oclvanitygen and about 3 hours of processing. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.0
Plesk

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:28:44 AM

HTH.

Thanks for the tip. But then this happens: The window is larger but cgminer prints to the same area. I want to be able to see all the information that is cut off.

I was able to make it work by changing the settings on CMD - Properties -"Layout" tab - "Window Height". I changed it from 25 to 50. It did require me to stop and start CGMINER (cmd) but when it started again the window was larger and CGMiner took up the whole thing!

Thanks NEcom for the answer and thanks autonomous42 for asking - I'd been searching around for a while with no luck.

BTC: 1HhVDw7b2yb4HjKmb7DMRhwjLqyvaZo8Mt
geetash

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:55:37 PM

HTH.

I was able to make it work by changing the settings on CMD - Properties -"Layout" tab - "Window Height". I changed it from 25 to 50. It did require me to stop and start CGMINER (cmd) but when it started again the window was larger and CGMiner took up the whole thing!

Thanks NEcom for the answer and thanks autonomous42 for asking - I'd been searching around for a while with no luck.
finally!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: