Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:57:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Zcash (Zerocoin) fork with no shit  (Read 2330 times)
-Greed- (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:20:03 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2016, 07:31:30 PM by -Greed-

Hey guys I'm looking for a Zcash fork without blatant robbery. Is there one?

What I've found so far:

Zcoin - the devs get 20% of the reward in each block (1440 XZC daily = ~7000$). 7k$ daily for a fork? That's two and half of a million dollars annually! I mean 2,500,000$ USD annually! Are you fucking kidding me? No! Fuck no. First I didn't know it and bought some but gladly I knew that later and sold all my coins (with a good profit btw).

Wrapper - ICO; not released yet.

Zcash itself  - well this one with a reasonable donation to the devs but not released yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:28:41 PM

I guess you could fork the coin and rename it, while removing the founder's reward from the blocks.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:32:26 PM

What I've found so far:

Zcoin - the devs get 20% of the reward in each block (1440 XZC daily = ~7000$). 7k$ daily for a fork? That's two and half of a million dollars annually! I mean 2,500,000$ USD annually! Are you fucking kidding me? No! Fuck no. First I didn't know it and bought some but gladly I knew that later and sold all my coins (with a good profit btw).

Seems they will give 1% of it to Ross Ulbricht defense fund

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/the-crypto-show-with-gary-le-of-zcoin-lyn-ulbricht-and-tatiana-moroz
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:39:54 PM

What I've found so far:

Zcash itself  - well this one with a reasonable donation to the devs but not released yet.

Zcash is 20% too Wink
Johann-Schmidt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:50:55 PM

Looks like Mojocoin will do a Zcash fork with proof of stake

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1629189.new#new
neverseven

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 09:20:19 PM

Zcoin dumped right now, and many people think it's devs dumping...
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:18:24 PM

Im sure some half decent devs will be along shortly to fork it for less than 2m per year.
Just wait it out there will be several clones in another few weeks.

Cryptotraider16

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

http://www.leocoinapp.com/

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:26:58 PM

We will see in future what happen

http://www.leocoin.info - LEOcoin info App!
LEOcoin - traded on 8 exchanges! more coming - Solo POS coin!
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 12:10:29 AM

Komodo is Zcash with delayed PoW on btc, so ico funds used for btc tx fees. Not free, but certainly best Zcash clone so far
-Greed- (OP)

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 08:50:31 AM

I guess you could fork the coin and rename it, while removing the founder's reward from the blocks.

Good idea... I've already come up with a name for the coin and it's Faircash that is going to be distributed fairly among this community members. Any dev willing to do such a coin?

What I've found so far:

Seems they will give 1% of it to Ross Ulbricht defense fund

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/the-crypto-show-with-gary-le-of-zcoin-lyn-ulbricht-and-tatiana-moroz
That does not change my mind. I don't think that Mr. Ulbricht is doing time for no reason. He created a marketplace for trading drugs and should serve the sentence.

What I've found so far:

Zcash is 20% too Wink
This is a reasonable donation. Zerocoin team spent few years on development and put much effort on it. I feel like they deserve it but not these asian niggers who just forked the coin and wishing 10m USD for this.

Looks like Mojocoin will do a Zcash fork with proof of stake

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1629189.new#new
Glad to see that. I hope more coins will follow and Zcoin and other rob-coins will die.

Komodo is Zcash with delayed PoW on btc, so ico funds used for btc tx fees. Not free, but certainly best Zcash clone so far
Forgot this one. Anyway don't like it because of ICO and jl777 (I don't trust this guy).

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:01:12 AM

I think at the end of the day we will have dozens of Zcash fork tokens flooding the markets, it is the money in town now.
Suggestive Melon

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 12:18:46 PM

ZCoin is not a fork of Zcash people, it has a different protocol.  DYOR
bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 08:24:49 AM

Zcoin is NOT a fork of Zcash in anyway.

First of all Zerocoin is the tech, Zcoin is the coin, similarly to how Zerocash is the tech and, Zcash the coin.

Zcoin uses Zerocoin technology from the Zerocoin paper. http://spar.isi.jhu.edu/~mgreen/ZerocoinOakland.pdf
This is a very well peer reviewed paper.

Zcash uses Zerocash. http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-extended-20140518.pdf

Although Zerocash is a development from Zerocoin meant to address certain perceived shortcomings of Zerocoin, they are not simple forks of each other and rely on different protocols.

Zerocash was meant to improve on Zerocoin on these issues:
a) Zerocoin still requires a basecoin to convert back before being allowed to spend. Zerocash has no more basecoin
b) Zerocash's proofs are much more efficient and smaller than Zerocoin's
c) Zerocoin uses fixed denominations to mint (1, 25, 50, 100) while Zerocash is not subject to such limitations
d) Greater anonymity with Zerocash since sender/receiver/amount are all obscured.

However Zerocoin's advantage over Zerocash are as follows:
a) While still retaining the basecoin and a lot of the Bitcoin core code, it is a lot easier to integrate to existing Bitcoin merchants/etc.
b) Although Zerocoin's proofs are larger and occupies more storage space, the computational requirements to generate a private transaction are many times faster. Zcash requires large amounts of RAM and minutes of computational time. Zerocoin requires seconds to use and is not memory intensive. Basically Zerocoin uses more storage space but is computationally much less intensive.
c) Parameter generation for both Zcoin and Zcash requires a trusted setup but Zcoin's parameters are arguably less controversial. (https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/wiki/Parameters-in-set-up-phase-for-Zerocoin-in-ZCoin)
d) Most importantly is that in Zcoin, total supply is still visible so if there's a flaw and someone is secretly creating coins for themselves, this can be much more easily detected. With Zcash, because everything is hidden, if a flaw is exploited, it may be almost impossible to detect!
e) Zerocoin's tech is more peer reviewed and better understood than Zcash's. Zcash's use of zero knowledge proofs uses ZK-Snarks which very few people understand. Even Zooko himself admits he doesn't understand it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6RLjcGVUnw&feature=youtu.be&t=17m30s). Note that Zerocoin's paper was only like 15 pages. Zcash's paper is more than 50 pages so Zcash's is considerably more complex which means more things that can go wrong. This is why Zcash had to spend so much money on multiple security companies auditing on its critical components and bugs (including some serious ones have been found). A security audit is also not fool proof as the DAO exposed and which is why Zcash also uses multiple companies to audit.

Zcash is pretty neat technology and I think is a very amazing innovation but I do think that Zerocoin has a role to play. Its anonymity is still amazingly good with a much larger traceability set than previous anonymity implementations (basically all the previous Zcoins minted), it can be much more readily used today with existing vendors/merchants and can be used in a wide variety of devices today.

Calling Zcoin a 'Zcash fork' is ignorant and shows a lack of understanding behind the large amount of work put into both these projects.

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
bolehvpn

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 08:49:52 AM

Also note that the 20% Founder's Reward is only for the first 4 years.

Nea Sandu

Activity: 478
Merit: 285

Crypto Way is the only Way!

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 09:04:50 AM

is any1 of you guys in their slack channel?
if so, how can i get an invite?

Thanks

Goana dupa Bitcoin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  ▬▬▬▬▬
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..DMEX ..

bolehvpn

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 10:13:19 AM

Zcash slack https://inviteme.z.cash/
Zcoin slack http://162.243.153.71:3000/

-Greed- (OP)

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 07:44:51 PM

-snip-

Calling Zcoin a 'Zcash fork' is ignorant and shows a lack of understanding behind the large amount of work put into both these projects.

Ok-ok based on Zcash. Whatever. Eventually it's a copycat.

Only the first 4 years? Oh ok, it's nothing! I will buy a lot of coins then! Fuck no. It's 2.1M coins for 4 years which means 10M dollars for the years if price can sustain at $5. You know what? Fuck you! It's possible to create a new Zcash and even better for 10M USD. Fair reward for the work done is 2% at max IMO.

topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 07:57:57 PM

I think you can team up with some developers and fork zcoins the only issue will be marketing, I won't be surprise if we get coins like Litecoin and Expense which are both fork of Bitcoin and Ethereum respectively and both have done quite well in the market.
tunctioncloud

Activity: 440

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 08:07:24 PM

Not a robbery. Those people spent 4 years working on that protocol. They don't poop money, they need to get it somewhere Roll Eyes...
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 09:13:00 PM

-snip-

Ok-ok based on Zcash. Whatever. Eventually it's a copycat.

Only the first 4 years? Oh ok, it's nothing! I will buy a lot of coins then! Fuck no. It's 2.1M coins for 4 years which means 10M dollars for the years if price can sustain at $5. You know what? Fuck you! It's possible to create a new Zcash and even better for 10M USD. Fair reward for the work done is 2% at max IMO.

No, Zcoin (XZC) is the original Zcoin implementation...
Published by Johns Hopkins University Department of Computer Science circa 2013...
And largely funded by Office of Naval Research and DARPA and the Air Force Research Lab.

http://zerocoin.org/media/pdf/ZerocoinOakland.pdf

Zcash is private, corporate variation on zero-knowledge proofs with a completely different set of tradeoffs and risk factors.

It's not "ok-ok", "whatever", "fuck you", "max IMO"... you pinhead.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: