Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:43:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thousands of words are worth a picture [Fine Art for BTC]  (Read 1338 times)
upisdown (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 12:20:26 AM

Introduction

In 2009 I finished a Burroughs style cut up collage that took me three years to complete. I cut words and phrases out of magazines and glued them back together to form a picture of Abraham Lincoln being assassinated at Ford's Theater (April 14th, 1865). I just recently finished a much smaller 1x1 image that depicts the US evacuation of Saigon.

I am giving away high quality copies of both images in the same format and quality I use to print mine, so you may download, manipulate, print or do whatever you want with them but I would appreciate it if you did not reproduce these images for profit.

My friend setup this image viewer for my pictures to help see the details and read the words:
1. http://paradox.rambisyouth.com
2. http://escape.rambisyouth.com

You can see a very small example of paradox here:       

You can see a small example of escape here:

Cant afford it? Download it! Or Trade some art!

I have attached a tiff on each site you could download either image and print yourself if you like but please do not reproduce for profit.

I will also consider art trades for prints.

Now accepting bitcoins!

I wish to help bring legitimacy to the currency by offering my prints in exchange for bitcoins. I will give 10% off to anyone who uses bitcoins to buy my prints and the exchange rate can be worked out via email until both parties are satisfied. If this is successful I will look into automating the process.

For now if you wish to purchase prints from me simply email the address on the site for a quote and the details will be worked out via email until your complete satisfaction.

FAQs

1. Is the original for sale?
I am not currently interested in selling paradox. I am thinking about selling it after I sell the 100 limited copies. However I am interested in selling escape.

2. Was this a school project?
No. In fact I am studying plant sciences at UC Davis. All my profits go to help buying me more time to study/paying for school!

3. What quality is the tiff?
The tiff available on my site is the same file I used to make my prints except that in the paradox file I added a small watermark with my website address at the bottom. I did this in the black border so it is easy to remove. However, I didn't do this for escape because I didn't feel like wasting people's time to take it out.

4. Can you sign it?
Of course! However you can't complain about any messages I leave or the mediocrity of my hand writing.

5. What paradox?
The name is derived form the literary device paradox

Everything Else

If anyone has any questions comments critique or suggestions please share them.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
upisdown (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 12:27:57 AM

I'm working on automating buying process with Mt Gox merchant services.

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 12:53:02 AM

These are amazing!

Can you PM me pricing details each one, signed and shipped to NYC  Grin

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
upisdown (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:25:49 AM

These are amazing!

Can you PM me pricing details each one, signed and shipped to NYC  Grin

Thank you!

I sent you a quote for two standard prints signed.

darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:41:43 AM

These are amazing, I really love them.

If you want to sell stuff like this at forbitcoin.com, send me a PM with the job URL and I will manaully adjust the bitcoin price to whatever you want, and feature your gig for a couple of days to get you some more buzz.

(we only sell things at up to 1 bitcoin there, but I will change it to whatever your price is that you prefer).

Excellent work!

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
upisdown (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 05:20:42 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2011, 11:32:08 PM by upisdown

These are amazing, I really love them.

If you want to sell stuff like this at forbitcoin.com, send me a PM with the job URL and I will manaully adjust the bitcoin price to whatever you want, and feature your gig for a couple of days to get you some more buzz.

(we only sell things at up to 1 bitcoin there, but I will change it to whatever your price is that you prefer).

Excellent work!

Thank you very much.

upisdown (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 08:52:13 PM

Bump, get art on your blank walls!

KingFisher9

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 10:53:18 PM

Very Impressive!

your forbitcoin.com link isn't working
upisdown (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 11:32:31 PM

Very Impressive!

your forbitcoin.com link isn't working

Yeah I decided its better to just work it out and possibly use clearcoin.

Thanks for looking.

upisdown (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 11:18:14 PM

Bump.

upisdown (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:20:27 PM

Paradox will soon be shown in an exhibit at the Ford's Theater Museum in Washington D.C.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: