Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:41:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7 64-bit Minimal Services needed for dedicated miner.  (Read 2626 times)
Pipesnake (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 12:43:51 AM

Has anyone compiled a list of minimal services needed to run a dedicated (remote) miner on Windows 7 64-bit?

TIA!

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 12:47:11 AM

-Network (roughly 50mb/hour)
-GPU

Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 06:34:00 AM

Please make sure that you know what you are doing before you start disabling random services.
These services don't need much CPU or RAM anyway.

zKarp

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 06:49:52 AM

http://www.blackviper.com/2010/12/17/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/

Show 100 entries and follow the tweaked guide.
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:03:01 AM

-GPU

Neat, I never really thought about the bandwidth cost of Bitcoin. Are there any resources you could point me to that shed a little more light on this information?

NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:20:22 AM

-GPU

Neat, I never really thought about the bandwidth cost of Bitcoin. Are there any resources you could point me to that shed a little more light on this information?

Had to split this in 2 images -.-

As soon as I took the first picture, the bandwidth went to 120kb/s for 5-10 seconds and then dropped to 1-2kb/s

The math in the first picture was based on the average of 12kb/s

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:25:01 AM

the effect of shutting down services is going to be minimal (think .01% or less) since most of them are "waiting" to be required if they're running and using resources it's because you need them (the bluetooth is running because you have bluetooth hardware) the handful you can disable aren't going to gain you any in the way of mhash/sec that won't come back to frustrate you later if you plan on using the pc for anything else

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: