Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:22:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Support on Nicehash Baikal X11-X13-X14-X15-Qbit-Quark ASIC Miner settings  (Read 1935 times)
way2vinoth (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:54:13 PM

Hi all,

i am having 12 nos of 150 MHS - Baikal X11-X13-X14-X15-Qbit-Quark ASIC Miner

This Page for Calculation - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=calc

There are Two Devices :
1.Baikal X11 ASIC Mini Miner - ROI @ 601 Days
2.Baikal X11-X13-X14-X15-Qbit-Quark ASIC Miner - ROI @ 284 Days

Currently i configured on X11 - on Nicehash - Here The Link - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=3657Pdu4GjN3i3QkAr6AvXpYKFz2kgdPdx

Thats Very easy to Do - stratum+tcp://x11.hk.nicehash.com:3336

But i need settings for Auto Switch to Best Algo - Baikal X11-X13-X14-X15-Qbit-Quark ASIC Miner

Thanks in Advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 09:49:05 PM

If you are interestd in this, I setup a Raspberry pi 3 with a postgresql database to capture he nicehash current payout and history.
I then run a select for the payrate for current and 5-min rolling average. When they match, I switch my nicehash pool directly on the baikal itself.
You can login to the baikal and create a job/script to do the same easily enough.
Ive noticed that for the past week mine have not been switching, but staying on X11 all the time.
This means that the current and rolling averages are staying on X11 for the past week.
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 03:03:58 AM

If you are interestd in this, I setup a Raspberry pi 3 with a postgresql database to capture he nicehash current payout and history.
I then run a select for the payrate for current and 5-min rolling average. When they match, I switch my nicehash pool directly on the baikal itself.
You can login to the baikal and create a job/script to do the same easily enough.
Ive noticed that for the past week mine have not been switching, but staying on X11 all the time.
This means that the current and rolling averages are staying on X11 for the past week.

What language did you create this in?  I have a similar rig management engine built in py.  I suppose it falls under "trade secrets" but I don't have too many people I can talk shop with.

Any easier way to accomplish the posted question would be to follow the guide that nicehash themselves posted.

edit: fumbled the URL code.
alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:50:50 AM

What language did you create this in?  I have a similar rig management engine built in py.  I suppose it falls under "trade secrets" but I don't have too many people I can talk shop with.

Any easier way to accomplish the posted question would be to follow the guide that nicehash themselves posted.

I followed the nicehash set up, but i get 100% rejects when it switches to Qbit or Quark on the nicehash servers.
way2vinoth (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 06:41:52 AM

Guys am still mining some coins at right now

more over some coins paying more that nicehash

but still i need this auto switching can anyone setup this Huh?
usao
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:29:13 AM

Guys am still mining some coins at right now

more over some coins paying more that nicehash

but still i need this auto switching can anyone setup this Huh?

Basically you need to login to the miner and add a job to pull current stats, make a decision and swap pools. It's custom code, you need to roll your own.
I wrote my own using curl, postgresql and bash. Biggest problem I had was to parse the JSON output, that took me a while to figure out.
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 01:55:24 PM

i have done something similar, but without rolling avg, only current live stats

previously a bash script as well, parsing json with jq

then opted for a manager for all my baikal miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1712609.0
usao
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:06:30 PM

then opted for a manager for all my baikal miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1712609.0
I started that way to, but found it was making my miner flop all over the place. Added the 5-min average to make sure the profit was stable before I swapped.
May miss a few spikes in price, but I feel it's better in the long run to prevnt all the restarts and lost mining during the restarts.
TracerX

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:28:30 PM

I followed the nicehash set up, but i get 100% rejects when it switches to Qbit or Quark on the nicehash servers.

That happened when I was using that feature as well, I didn't dig in as I was building a replacement.  Someone might contact Baikal and have them look at that.
felixbrucker

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 05:31:52 PM

I started that way to, but found it was making my miner flop all over the place. Added the 5-min average to make sure the profit was stable before I swapped.
May miss a few spikes in price, but I feel it's better in the long run to prevnt all the restarts and lost mining during the restarts.

i found the restart only takes about 1-2 seconds, might be worth the time for a switch on nicehash (certainly not on other "normal" pools)

the manager also restarts the miner, tbh i was more concerned with the microsd lifespan when querying the stats all the time, but i figured it will survive just fine

what "flopping" are you referring too?
TracerX

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:35:57 PM

the manager also restarts the miner, tbh i was more concerned with the microsd lifespan when querying the stats all the time, but i figured it will survive just fine

I've lost two of the "stock" SD cards in two separate miners.  I would suggest investing in a class 10 card from sandisk or the like.  I picked them up on amazon for something like 6 bucks per unit.  Haven't had a problem with them since.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:45:56 PM

i found the restart only takes about 1-2 seconds, might be worth the time for a switch on nicehash (certainly not on other "normal" pools)

what "flopping" are you referring too?
Mine doesn't switch pools that quickly. Takes about 30 seconds gap between last submission on old pool and first submission on new pool.
When I was only relying on the "current" payout, I was switching every minute or two for a while. Lately it's been stable on X11 with little swapping of pools.
For me, the 30-seconds with no shares was a killer if I was switching every minute or two, so I added the 5-min rolling average to smooth that out. It had to pass both tests before it would swap. Really cut down on the swapping and it seems like my returns are improved as a result.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:46:59 PM

I haven't had too much problem with the SD cards. Each time I get a new rig, I first configure it, then I "save" the SD card to my NAS, so I can restore if needed.
felixbrucker

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 06:10:57 PM

might have just been that the starting diff was higher than ideal so the first share will take a while

the miner have some blue and red led indicating if its mining or not, the time between flashing (not mining) and constant color is very small for me
usao
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 06:34:54 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 07:05:06 PM by usao

might have just been that the starting diff was higher than ideal so the first share will take a while

the miner have some blue and red led indicating if its mining or not, the time between flashing (not mining) and constant color is very small for me
Ill check that tonight. I was going by "share" times posted on the pools.

Edit: I checked on the rig. The lights do indeed show only a short window where no mining occurs, but I still see about a 60-second gap on the pool side with no shares. I don't know if this is related to the refresh rate at the pool though, it could be the shares are accumulated but only accounted in 1-minute intervals.
TracerX

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:49:05 PM

I haven't had too much problem with the SD cards. Each time I get a new rig, I first configure it, then I "save" the SD card to my NAS, so I can restore if needed.
It may have just been a bad batch of cards--it's a nominal expense and good troubleshooting practice.
felixbrucker

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 11:44:53 PM

It may have just been a bad batch of cards--it's a nominal expense and good troubleshooting practice.
i downloaded the factory orange pi image for use if one card breaks, till now all sd cards working fine for me
felixbrucker

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 11:47:46 PM

Ill check that tonight. I was going by "share" times posted on the pools.

Edit: I checked on the rig. The lights do indeed show only a short window where no mining occurs, but I still see about a 60-second gap on the pool side with no shares. I don't know if this is related to the refresh rate at the pool though, it could be the shares are accumulated but only accounted in 1-minute intervals.
you can easily check the submitted and accepted shares in the webUI of the miner itself, also compare the diff when running for some time (optimal vardiff that is) to the initial vardiff after switching, higher diff = longer time till share, but higher paying amount for this share(s)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: