Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:53:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for Funding Startup/Projects  (Read 1100 times)
newguru (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 02:32:53 PM

Hi All,

I'm looking for some community feedback on some ideas that I have. I'm starting a blockchain development company, BlockGuild. It will be focused on developing products for the community and products for customers and consulting services. I am also interested in cryptocurrencies for product development and  funding.

Initially, I've thought that some type of crowd-funding approach is an efficient way to find out if there is demand for products. The idea is to offer products on the market with some sort of buy-in with a token or coin. If it is funded then it is worth doing, and if it is not then there is no demand and it is not worth continued development. I am learning about ICO and ITO as a means to fund a project. My question is what other options are there for something like this? I don't want to be in the business of offering crappy coins and wasting people's time, I'm interested in funding and developing the startup and the products that people would find useful. Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

TIA,

Damien

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 05:46:49 PM

Hi All,

I'm looking for some community feedback on some ideas that I have. I'm starting a blockchain development company, BlockGuild. It will be focused on developing products for the community and products for customers and consulting services. I am also interested in cryptocurrencies for product development and  funding.

Initially, I've thought that some type of crowd-funding approach is an efficient way to find out if there is demand for products. The idea is to offer products on the market with some sort of buy-in with a token or coin. If it is funded then it is worth doing, and if it is not then there is no demand and it is not worth continued development. I am learning about ICO and ITO as a means to fund a project. My question is what other options are there for something like this? I don't want to be in the business of offering crappy coins and wasting people's time, I'm interested in funding and developing the startup and the products that people would find useful. Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

TIA,

Damien

Well, I suggest you look for a VC outside of the Bitcoin sector first. They usually fund people who are really into their work, unlike here, not many big people will take the time to read your proposal unless you've been here for a long time and have had prior background in the forum itself.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 07:41:02 PM

What kind of your product? Like new coin? Forget it if it's new coin. If you have unique product to offer use bitcoin.

There are some crowd funding which accept bitcoin. For example indiegogo.
newguru (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:21:23 PM

Thank you for taking some time to provide feedback, I appreciate it and will do some research.

In the end, I'm trying to figure out how to provide value to investors in products and fund the development of the products we have concepts for (developers need food too!). These would mainly be products built on existing blockchains or if needed a forked blockchain with some changes needed. We have concepts for project management, law enforcement, and estate/property transactions to name a few. Some will work out and some will not.

I would like to provide value and minimize risk to the start up and the people investing in the products. Looking at traditional models they seem to be full of risk or don't provide value to people that are investing or contributing.

Traditional loans to fund product development can be very risky, if the product is not well received by the market you are still on the hook to pay back a loan with interest, this would be a big personal risk to the borrower.

Venture capital investment requires giving up control of the company to an investor. I want the company to return value to the people that contribute to the company, the people doing the work and innovating. I don't want them to be controlled by an investor that is focused on returns.

Crowdfunding, as far as I can tell will not return value to the people and organizations that are investing. It is basically asking for money with no chance of a return.

Selling off percentages of the company seems risky to both the company and the investor, the company can be controlled and direction can be dictated by large percentage shareholders. On the other side, the small investor has no real control over what the company does, and they don't really know what their investment is being used for or if it will provide any return.

This is part of the reason cryptocurrencies interest me, there is an incentive to invest effort or value to get a return from the currency. I think I understand the concept of the ICO and ITO to an investor, in that they are hoping for increased value of the tokens/coins at a later time. I understand the value to miners of a new coin in that they are able to produce value for some work. The token or coin serves as a value store and something that will allow for transactions between parties. I realize that not every product will require its own currency, but I see them as a litmus test for product viability and a more efficient way to figure out if a product is something the market wants.

I'm struggling with how to offer products in such a way that investors can feel confident their funds will be used as described and not get ripped off. That they will receive a return value based on their investment, and provide developers with the resources needed to allow them to work on their ideas.

I've thought of setting a goal for funding, something like an all or nothing campaign. Of course, this would be combined with an escrow multisig account to ensure that transactions occur as defined. I guess it would be more like crowd investment than traditional crowdfunding.

Does anyone know of a launch, campaign, or something similar that I can look at or if another company is doing something like this?

TIA,

Damien
DOPECOINRULES

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

DopeCoin Is Here Join the Revolution!

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 05:46:40 AM

Hi Damien check out startcoin, they do great things on there website, research it

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR MARK
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 10:11:33 PM

You have a very general idea.  Are you yourself a developer with a programming skill set?  Or are you planning to hire developers and manage them?  Either way, you will have to plan to recruit the best talent and many will not join your project if they don't believe in your project.  If you plan on using existing bitcoin APIs to develop your products and services then it might be easy to find devs.  But, if you plan on creating or distributing your own coin then you will need a good business and marketing plan to showcase your idea to make it worthwhile to invest.

I think you will need to specialize in a certain area of cryptocurrency instead of the general all approach.
bittraffic

Activity: 2926
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:44:21 PM

Finding an existing company that you think will support the project may be able to help. its not that you want them to actually give you the money to start with. but asking them to back you up with the project and with their help you can guarantee investors money will be safer and people won't be suspecting you to runaway with thier money. 

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Eleke Leba

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:10:04 AM

Would have been a lot more helpful if you shared more information on your Startup ideas, however Cofound.it https://www.cofound.it are helping startups grow and get funding by sparking a match between them and early adopters.

Startups
For startups looking to get adequate support to scale, amongst a host of offerings, here a few things Cofound.it offers;
1. Access to funding
2. Access to early adopters who are willing to try out your blockchain integrated product
3. Advisory and mentorship

Useful link for startups;
a. Criteria for application - http://bit.do/CFI_info
b. Application portal - http://bit.do/CFI_forum

Hi All,

TIA,

Damien
jahn_quid

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 09:56:12 AM

Hi All,

TIA,

Damien

Do you have a site up or have any information/content published?
cryptohopes

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:25:14 AM

You haven't discussed elaborately about your startup/project. Weather it is useful to society or fruitless, without knowing the ins and outs can't suggest anything.
Jenni5

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:59:14 AM

We are coming up with a Blockchain based Fintech Solution, Coinnup (https://ico.coinnup.com ). We would love to hear feedbacks on ideas that would help us in improvising the services that we offer and also to provide public with better features. We are into generating cryptocurrencies and offer the platform to evolve to other ICOs as well.
nathan@paralux

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:40:15 AM

You won't get traction posting on these threads, seek out VC's, Angel Investors, or Crowdfunding if you are serious about your ideas. You will need a full business proposal/whitepaper/roadmap to even be considered. So make sure you have your idea fully flushed out and a plan in place.
oriona

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:42:59 AM

Do you have any trial or what koong? can i see
Jenni5

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:26:15 AM

You can try out a fundraising or ICO like Alluma to fund your startup or project. Alluma is a great example of this. For details, visit https://alluma.io f. You can also download the Mobile App http://bit.ly/AllumaAppDownload4 and follow Alluma on Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789065
zheniasom

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:35:09 PM

You have a very general idea.  Are you yourself a developer with a programming skill set?  Or are you planning to hire developers and manage them?  Either way, you will have to plan to recruit the best talent and many will not join your project if they don't believe in your project.  If you plan on using existing bitcoin APIs to develop your products and services then it might be easy to find devs.  But, if you plan on creating or distributing your own coin then you will need a good business and marketing plan to showcase your idea to make it worthwhile to invest. Finding an existing company that you think will support the project may be able to help. its not that you want them to actually give you the money to start with. but asking them to back you up with the project and with their help you can guarantee investors money will be safer and people won't be suspecting you to runaway with thier money!!!
fibrolit

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:05:22 PM

I see that this topic is about two years old.However, this topic is relevant.Perhaps you should try to promote your idea without organizing an ICO. But in this case, you should persistently explain to everyone interested in the benefits of Your project. There is no problem to form a token based on ERC-220 or others.The only problem is the money, if you are willing to engage in a campaign in your free time alone,then great,if not,then you will have to hire a minimum team that will be willing to work a small amount of time on account of future payment tokens.The main thing is to decide whether Your product is needed on the market or not.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 11:21:09 PM

Hi All,

TIA,

Damien

i dont understand what you want to build

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: