Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:45:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vircurex - Logo/Ad Banner Contest - 4 BTC  (Read 3101 times)
Kumala (OP)

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:50:13 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2013, 11:01:25 AM by Kumala

Logo/Add-Banner Design Contest

Vircurex (https://vircurex.com) is looking to update its logo. For this we initiate this contest for anyone to submit their designs.

What you can win
We will pay the winner of this contest 4 BTC.

Deadlines
The complete submission must be received by us no later than 28th April 18:00 (GMT). The announcement of the winner will be around 12th of May, assuming we have a winner.

Selecting the winner
Vircurex will select the winner at its own discretion. Vircurex may publish the submissions on the forum and ask for feedback/voting on the artworks. Vircurex reserves the right not to choose any winner.

What you need to submit
- a logo that fits into the current colour schema of Vircurex' website
- loggos in the following sizes, all sizes must be submitted:
Logo:
   57x57
   72x72
   114x114
   144x144
Ad Banners:
   728x90
   468x60
   234x60
   120x600
   88x31
   180x150

- all files must be submitted in PNG format,  but do not use interlaced PNGs
- bit depth of 24 bits
- no alpha transparency
- the submitted files must not contain any visible or invisible watermarks
- avoid using shine or gloss features

Terms and Conditions
- late submissions will not be considered
- we will not answer any questions directly, all questions we decide to answer will be publicly posted on this thread
- the ownership of the artwork submitted will by automatically transferred to Vircurex at the time of submission. The transfer of ownership does not require any further documentation or communication, the act of submission is the creators consent and agreement of transferring the ownership. From the timepoint of submission onwards, the creator is not allowed to use the artwork for any personal or commercial purposes without the written consent of Vircurex
- Vircurex might publish scalled down versions of the submitted artwork on Bitcointalk.org in order to initiate a vote and seek feedback from the community.
- all submitted works must be free from any copyright dependencies

email submissions to: customerservice@vircurex.com

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xqisit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:16:35 AM

I don't want to be rude, but: http://www.no-spec.com/faq/
is very applicable to this post. I'd recommend nobody enter until the OP changes some things.
Kumala (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:22:07 PM

This is an honest offer, so let me know what you think should be changed and I am more than willing to change it accordingly.

3btc

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:27:09 PM

The process could somewhat more transparent...

... but I certainly like the idea Smiley

Sell * Buy * Anything * Decentralized * Free

OpenBazaar.Org
demzie

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:28:20 PM

Why dont you just start the "logo only" contest first.. size doesn't matter.. for 4BTC..
Then if a winner is picked, let him make the banners (paid ofcourse).. banners are a different kinda game imho.

BTW: the submitted files must not contain any visible or invisible watermarks..
A good designer (worth 4 BTC) will do that or he/she will see his logo somewhere else appear on the internet; if not used by u Smiley

Also: the ownership of the artwork submitted will by automatically transferred to Vircurex at the time of submission.
That you cannot ask! Always the designer is the owner/creator.. Or would you be starting a logo website, when u own 100+ logos? Smiley
Think only the winner should do that Smiley
Kumala (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:35:00 PM

A good designer (worth 4 BTC) will do that or he/she will see his logo somewhere else appear on the internet; if not used by u Smiley

Well, the point is, that the ownership of the work is transferred to Vircurex, hence the owner would have (and should have) no more interest in tracking his creation.

But I believe I see where this is going. So how about the following change:

Ownership of the submitted artwork remains with the creator. The artwork may have watermarks.
Once the winner is chosen, the ownership of the winning submission only is transferred to Vircurex. The creator is then to submit a version of all provided art without watermark after which he will receive the prize.

demzie

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:39:52 PM

Indeed!
Xqisit

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:41:53 PM

While I am personally against the idea of design contests in general ( I believe if you found a designer who could work with you on this, you'd be better off ), I can't stop you from doing it.

First of all, you have to pick a winner, you're already having people work free, I think it would be fair to guarantee a prize. What if you don't like any of the entries? - well, that is the risk you take doing it this way. A designer would work with you, and show you concepts along the way to make sure it is going in the intended direction. With a contest, you never know what you'll get.

I would also change something in your terms so that only the winning artwork is yours, not all submissions. You should only be allowed to own and use the artwork that you pay for, the way it is worded now makes it seem like you can use anyone's submission, whether you pay them or not. Especially since people cannot watermark their work.

Anyhow, that's my opinion.

Edit: @Kumala, you posted while I was typing Smiley what you proposed is a good change. Also, this wasn't a personal attack on you or anything, it's just I've seen some people and even companies use contests like this to steal artwork, so I just wanted to inform people. You seem to be an honest person, and I wish you the best of luck with your contest.

Also, Demizes idea is good. Have people create the core logo, then the winner can create the other dimensions and banners after.
demzie

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:51:12 PM

How about the first part?

Why dont you just start the "logo only" contest first.. size doesn't matter.. for 4BTC..
Then if a winner is picked, let him make the banners (paid ofcourse).. banners are a different kinda game imho.

Well, the point is, that the ownership of the work is transferred to Vircurex, hence the owner would have (and should have) no more interest in tracking his creation.

But I believe I see where this is going. So how about the following change:

Ownership of the submitted artwork remains with the creator. The artwork may have watermarks.
Once the winner is chosen, the ownership of the winning submission only is transferred to Vircurex. The creator is then to submit a version of all provided art without watermark after which he will receive the prize.

Kumala (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:58:08 PM

The number of Ad Banners is probably too many,  ok, here the suggestion:  Ad-banners are optional; none, one or several may be submitted. Obviously submitting an Ad might tip the scale when its a close call to decide the winner.

How about another add-on:  All people submitting work may opt-in an official publishing of their work. I.e. Once all work is submitted, I will show them all (ofcourse only those who specifically have agreed to it) in this thread. This will help bringing more transparency into the selection process and offers a marketing platform for the user who submitted a work but might not have won.

jokerdragon

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:37:10 PM

I don't want to be rude, but: http://www.no-spec.com/faq/
is very applicable to this post. I'd recommend nobody enter until the OP changes some things.

Agree.  Angry
Kumala (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:19:29 PM

Agree.  Angry

I believe that I have made suggestions on the changes to the text in the subsequent thread communication addressing some of the concerns. If there are further, let me know.

maxmint

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:21:35 PM

You might want to tell our designers about this:
http://coind.net/members/designers/

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
likehiro

Activity: 427
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:44:41 PM

Could you put some information about Vircurex? I mean, what's your company's personality? what do you want to show to your customers? how do you describe your business?

It'd be great to have that information Smiley
Thank you for all and sorry my Tarzan-like english! jaja

Please, follow our studio page on instagram   Hard Fork Studio 
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:39:32 PM

I like this service, but I'd rather not participate.  Agree with other posters; you're asking for work without the promise of payment.  Normally when someone needs work done, they'll ask someone (or some people) to do it, and in return, the hours that person put in to get the work done are compensated.  In this case, workers come in thinking they're participating in a contest, but in reality, they're working for free at the leisure of the contest owner so he has more choices to pick from without paying for the option.  A contest should be reserved for just that: a contest.  People compete and someone comes out a winner, but we may not even get to enjoy that in this case:

Vircurex reserves the right not to choose any winner.

Anyway.  I do enjoy this website and use it often, but I feel there are better, more legitimate means to producing a logo, than dangling 4 BTC on a string over our heads with the prospect that maybe one of us will get it.

Imagine if builders worked the same way.  Five teams of builders all created five separate homes, and the prospective buyer decides he doesn't want any of them, and nobody wins the home-building contest.  Tongue  Just a waste of time and resource because the guy who setup the contest couldn't be specific in what he wanted and who he wanted to do it.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:20:25 PM

So can people submit more than one logo?
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:51:01 PM

So I am guessing the logo project is out of question as it seems the company is out of commission for a while.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: