Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:05:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to make an alt coin that actually changes something?  (Read 3455 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:09:40 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2013, 08:55:05 PM by TradeFortress

If you have decent knowledge of the bitcoind codebase and would be interested in working on a alt coin that has some interesting changes, send me a PM.

EDIT: Please only PM if you have a decent knowledge of the Bitcoin code base!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
c4n10

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:26:18 AM

If you have decent knowledge of the bitcoind codebase and would be interested in working on a alt coin that has some interesting changes, send me a PM.

Hello   Smiley

What have you got in mind...? I have been looking for an excuse to fork a coin, lol...
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:26:38 AM

Hello   Smiley

What have you got in mind...? I have been looking for an excuse to fork a coin, lol...
PM'd.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 11:57:19 AM

I'm always interested to see what people are interested in doing for altcoins especially if they offer something different, let me know ur thoughts

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:59:34 AM

I am always up for Alt Coins.

more or less retired.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 12:18:15 PM

hehe us middleweight adopters all group together Smiley

BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 01:44:01 PM

Yes, but do we have any actually new ideas or goals in mind?

I'm most likely in anyways.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:09:28 PM

Me 2.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:16:24 PM

I've had something in mind for a while, just need people with the time to code.  I can write the technical specifications and the pseudocode algorithms.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 04:57:03 PM

I had some ideas about a true CPU friendly- GPU hardened coin that would adjust as both hash rate and GPU technology evolved.

It involves using a radically different type of difficulty adjustment system that I do not believe has been seen before.

However, that project has moved way down on the list in light of the number of Alt-coins that have come online lately.

When a few of these coins naturally evolve out of use, or I ever get caught up on projects  Cheesy  Cheesy   , I will go back and continue to work on that code.

CryptoJunky

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 05:00:04 PM

I'd be interested in helping out and have been doing a bit of research on the topic recently.

sangaman

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 05:09:00 PM

I am also interested in would like to discuss ideas, have been thinking about this for a while. I'm still waiting for what I consider to be an "ideal" cryptocurrency to evolve, something that's relatively light-weight and scalable but also can secure the blockchain efficiently and inexpensively. I think ppcoin might be the closest thing to this now, but ppcoin has a handful of shortcomings and potential concerns in my opinion.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 05:10:43 PM

Personally I think it would be prudent to look into different hashing algorithms.... once ASIC out for SHA256, LTC price rising.. only matter of time... what are the other algorithm options that could be considered??

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 05:13:53 PM

Dammit.....

Now you have me thinking about it again.

..must resist...must resist..bringing another project up the list.... Shocked  Lips sealed

I need some sleep..I just pulled an another all nighter working with the c code in pushpool ,writing and trying to integrate python modules into pushpool and working on a new pool front end.

maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:15:51 PM

Would be interested too. Would love to see how a coin starts from the beginning.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
FortPotato

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:23:11 PM

I have an idea or two as well. I thought about just working on a new coin with a few of my friends, but this seems like a better route.
hathmill

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:41:57 PM

I have an idea, dont know if its good or not but anyways: what if somehow all miners benefited from all minimg so that the protocol im essence forced everyone into becoming one unified pool. My idea is that the freshly minted coins would be attributed to everyone that was participating with minimg at that time. Just as today wherw you wait for confirmation of your transactions, the mining bounty would be worked out over time so to speak. Ie the protocol itself serves as the mechanism spreading the mining bounty to all participants. If we got sometying like this, then perhaps we would be able to get around some of the concerns one might have regarding centralized big pools. Ie lets make a protocol that makes everybody mining part of the "global poool".
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:45:18 PM

There are quite a few things to discuss. We need somewhere to throw ideas around. If there is serious intent behind this I could put up an ad free phpBB forum or something similar for discussions.

Give me some psuedocode and I'll try my hand at implementing it Smiley

tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:52:56 PM

There are quite a few things to discuss. We need somewhere to throw ideas around. If there is serious intent behind this I could put up an ad free phpBB forum or something similar for discussions.

Give me some psuedocode and I'll try my hand at implementing it Smiley

Okay, I'll give a shot at writing up the technical paper this weekend.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Arcurus
Donator

Activity: 293

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:59:58 PM

+1
Yea I'm allways interested in Alt Coins a alt coins with interesting changes Smiley

Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others.
Plato

Interested in a beautiful free world:
http://foundation.freicoin.org/
nwbitcoin

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 06:04:32 PM

If this is a plan to make an alt coin that is about improving the end result, rather than being an early adopter of yet another coin, then I will help in which ever way I can.

This is how it should be! Smiley

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
Arcurus
Donator

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:24:35 PM

If this is a plan to make an alt coin that is about improving the end result, rather than being an early adopter of yet another coin, then I will help in which ever way I can.

Yea I have such a plan in my mind:)

There is a plan in my mind to create an altcoin which main goal is to distribute the new created coins in an as fair as possible way.

(For example one human one coin per day)
I know that’s not an easy task to design such an decentralized currency, and I know that we can’t start with 7 Billion humans at once, but hey, we are “Nerds” and who if not we can find a way to make this real?

For example: Imagine we start with a list of 100 humans. The old list is replaced if the new list gets double the votes than the old list. Voting with transactions can be realized in an simple an decentralized way. The more humans will join on this list the more it will get decentralized.

Perhaps it’s also thinkable to use this in the long run to secure the network itself. Imagine the ripple consensus algorithm combined with this list of humans, so you always would know how many on this list are agreeing on the current ledger.

Plato

chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:27:24 PM

Yup, its a great time to start a solid alt coin!

Also, I think it's time someone made another NVC.  PoW + PoS + Scrypt + No Premine.  That would be awesome.

And I'm sure there might be better alt coin ideas too.

Hmmm, new algorithms, interesting.
KrLos

Activity: 768

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:36:22 PM

I'm in! count with me!
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:41:54 PM

Is there a thread where people propose ideas on possible improvements?
Like a collective brainstorm. Point me please if you know.
nwbitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:03:46 PM

There is a plan in my mind to create an altcoin which main goal is to distribute the new created coins in an as fair as possible way.

I know that’s not an easy task to design such an decentralized currency, and I know that we can’t start with 7 Billion humans at once, but hey, we are “Nerds” and who if not we can find a way to make this real?

For example: Imagine we start with a list of 100 humans. The old list is replaced if the new list gets double the votes than the old list. Voting with transactions can be realized in an simple an decentralized way. The more humans will join on this list the more it will get decentralized.

Perhaps it’s also thinkable to use this in the long run to secure the network itself. Imagine the ripple consensus algorithm combined with this list of humans, so you always would know how many on this list are agreeing on the current ledger.

I can understand the ideology of wanting to be fair and sharing and the like, but the whole idea is so insane, it will not work.

Human nature is such that if you give something to them, they will not value it (sentimentality aside)- however, show them someone else with that item, and they will want it - its no different to dogs and bones! Wink

Its often said that if you were to share all the money of the world equally, within a week, it would be back in the hands of the people who have it now! Wink  Some people like to spend, some people like to save, and some like to work and save because they don't have the time to spend!

In my mind, an altcoin needs to be technically good enough to not require any kind of ideologue to make it work. Confirmation within a few seconds would be a good start, huge circulation to encourage spending rather than hoarding,  and maybe an easy way to buy it with other methods.

Oh, and a name that doesn't suggest its a son of son of Bitcoin!

*Image Removed*
Arcurus
Donator

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:37:49 PM

I can understand the ideology of wanting to be fair and sharing and the like, but the whole idea is so insane, it will not work.

Yea I like insane ideas Smiley
But its's so insane that it can work!

Its often said that if you were to share all the money of the world equally, within a week, it would be back in the hands of the people who have it now! Wink  Some people like to spend, some people like to save, and some like to work and save because they don't have the time to spend!

That's totally perfect, some people want to hold their coins, some want to spend. people can hord it if they want, but the algorithm of this altcoin insures, that in the long run at least 1-2% per year of the coins is newly generated and distributed to all participants in an as fair and as decentralized way as possible.

So people can buy goods with it, hord it, make a loan on it, or just dump it to zero. That's real freedom.

In my mind, an altcoin needs to be technically good enough to not require any kind of ideologue to make it work. Confirmation within a few seconds would be a good start, huge circulation to encourage spending rather than hoarding,  and maybe an easy way to buy it with other methods.

Hmmm confirmations in few seconds woud be sooner or later be possible in bitcoin (for example by using green adresses) also ripples consensus seems to be very fast if it is functioning.
Huge circulation sounds like freicoin, but just dumping 5% to energy enterprises dos not sound very promising to improve coin circulation.

Oh, and a name that doesn't suggest its a son of son of Bitcoin!
I fully agree!

P.s.: Also bitcoin has an ideology behind it. Nearly everything has an ideology behind it, I see nothing wrong in this.

Plato

breel

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:46:33 PM

I'm interested in this too (as BTC fan and as a pro dev)
sangaman

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 08:24:26 PM

+1 well said.
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:34:09 PM

I could help with coding/testing if you have in mind fixing Bitcoin problems:

-be able to scale to CC usage numbers
-hashing algorythm energy effecient or partially able to use for usefull computation
-fixed yearly inflation forever to encourage spending economy
sangaman

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 08:44:17 PM

I'm a software developer as well, but haven't worked directly with the nitty gritty of cryptocoins.

I've thought about ways that you could distribute coins fairly to users at the beginning, and I don't think a X coins per person plan is feasible at all. My best guess now is that a POW system that favors average consumer computers is the best way to distribute coins, with rewards that decrease slowly and steadily over time.

Is there anyway to choose an unspent input in the blockchain randomly and transparently? I've wondered if it would be possible to do this and weight unspent inputs by coin-age and choose one randomly using a previously agreed upon value as a seed. If an unspent input gets chosen, the owner of that input has the ability to create a new block and sign it with the private key that received the chosen input (but only if the owner is online and connected to the network) and receive a reward. If the owner of the input is not online, a new unspent input is chosen.

This system (or something like it) would be a proof-of-stake system where no user can unilaterally increase their chances of creating a POS block or could burn up a lot of coin age in a short period of time to make several blocks in a row. The chance for an online user to make the next block would always be equal to [user's total coin-age] / [total coin-age that is online].

I haven't gotten the time yet to really look through the bitcoin or ppcoin code to see how nodes verify that a blockchain satisfies the protocol or how easily they can read from unspent inputs. The above might not be possible at all but it was something that came to mind, if this makes sense to anyone please share your thoughts.
melvster

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:48:18 PM

Love this idea ...
melvster

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:50:42 PM

Personally I think it would be prudent to look into different hashing algorithms.... once ASIC out for SHA256, LTC price rising.. only matter of time... what are the other algorithm options that could be considered??

What about SHA3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-3

When it's finalized ...

http://www.nist.gov/itl/csd/sha-100212.cfm
mebezac

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:53:58 PM

Also, I think it's time someone made another NVC.  PoW + PoS + Scrypt + No Premine.  That would be awesome.

That would be really awesome if someone did that

BTC: 168d57nW72Y6DidPgE88iL7vYmpQD45dYK|LTC: LLPttXuFF2uTo2CWeEwXU5CwcUcgQ4NGd3
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:55:43 PM

Much needed improvements to Bitcoin + unique change.
maxmint

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:00:01 PM

We would need to agree on what these improvements are. Currently it seems, everyone in this thread is excited but has a different concept in mind.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:02:30 PM

We would need to agree on what these improvements are. Currently it seems, everyone in this thread is excited but has a different concept in mind.

I will try to publish a paper within the next few days -- I suggest other persons generate technical papers and specifications as well.

Code:
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:02:38 PM

I'm a software developer as well, but haven't worked directly with the nitty gritty of cryptocoins.

I've thought about ways that you could distribute coins fairly to users at the beginning, and I don't think a X coins per person plan is feasible at all. My best guess now is that a POW system that favors average consumer computers is the best way to distribute coins, with rewards that decrease slowly and steadily over time.

Is there anyway to choose an unspent input in the blockchain randomly and transparently? I've wondered if it would be possible to do this and weight unspent inputs by coin-age and choose one randomly using a previously agreed upon value as a seed. If an unspent input gets chosen, the owner of that input has the ability to create a new block and sign it with the private key that received the chosen input (but only if the owner is online and connected to the network) and receive a reward. If the owner of the input is not online, a new unspent input is chosen.

This system (or something like it) would be a proof-of-stake system where no user can unilaterally increase their chances of creating a POS block or could burn up a lot of coin age in a short period of time to make several blocks in a row. The chance for an online user to make the next block would always be equal to [user's total coin-age] / [total coin-age that is online].

I haven't gotten the time yet to really look through the bitcoin or ppcoin code to see how nodes verify that a blockchain satisfies the protocol or how easily they can read from unspent inputs. The above might not be possible at all but it was something that came to mind, if this makes sense to anyone please share your thoughts.
Yes, a PRNG would work, however this encourages people to have unspent outputs which will bloat the blockchain.

Also, should ideally allow it to generate a block in the next 24 hrs - so people who have normal computers instead of a 24x7 box would not be at an disadvantage.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:02:59 PM

I had some ideas about a true CPU friendly- GPU hardened coin that would adjust as both hash rate and GPU technology evolved.

It involves using a radically different type of difficulty adjustment system that I do not believe has been seen before.

CPU friendly, so the large botnets can easily attack it, right?

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
rupy

Activity: 725

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:14:56 PM

I would like to make an altcoin for all those FPGA's out there. = with a modular hashing algo.

Unfortunately I'm only versed in Java.

Another feature that I would like to highlight is blockchain delete of obsolete transactions to save disc space and be able to match Visa cards transaction rates in a P2P system.

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
KrLos

Activity: 768

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:01:02 PM

I think.

1. No CPU friendly, for keep botnets away.
2. Only GPU Friendly, not FPGA nor ASIC.

or a duble parameter.

GPU + CPU = SHA(xxx)+sCrypt(x) ? so this way only "personal pc's" can mine. (and tons of good pc's)

well, maybe i'm telling a dumbass thing but might work.

nwbitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 10:16:15 PM

That's totally perfect, some people want to hold their coins, some want to spend. people can hord it if they want, but the algorithm of this altcoin insures, that in the long run at least 1-2% per year of the coins is newly generated and distributed to all participants in an as fair and as decentralized way as possible.

So people can buy goods with it, hord it, make a loan on it, or just dump it to zero. That's real freedom.

OK, we are sort of on the same wavelength, if you want to share to all participants, how about a tax on miner fees of a percentage e.g. 1% that gets paid into all wallets once a year?

At least the rules are easy to implement and understand, and it would explain where the money is coming from.

Working the practical details, it would pay a figure into every individual wallet which had been used in the previous year.  Obviously, some people would game it so they would use a new wallet for every transaction, but that's the nature of socialism - it encourages people to cheat the system for their own benefit! Wink

But, in all seriousness, using that method, you would get a fairer method of wealth distribution in an algorithm.

Feedback? Wink

*Image Removed*
sangaman

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 10:21:35 PM

Yes, a PRNG would work, however this encourages people to have unspent outputs which will bloat the blockchain.

Also, should ideally allow it to generate a block in the next 24 hrs - so people who have normal computers instead of a 24x7 box would not be at an disadvantage.

That wouldn't be the case if unspent outputs were appropriately weighted according to coin age. Having 100 inputs of .01 would be no more likely to generate a POS block than a single input of 1.00.

I don't see how offline block generation would be possible though, since there needs to be an active node that signs the block with the private key.
chriswen

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:27:33 PM

That wouldn't be the case if unspent outputs were appropriately weighted according to coin age. Having 100 inputs of .01 would be no more likely to generate a POS block than a single input of 1.00.

I don't see how offline block generation would be possible though, since there needs to be an active node that signs the block with the private key.

He said offline wouldn't work.  If they were offline the lottery rolls again.  Maybe something like timekoin system could be implemented?
chriswen

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:28:26 PM

OK, we are sort of on the same wavelength, if you want to share to all participants, how about a tax on miner fees of a percentage e.g. 1% that gets paid into all wallets once a year?

At least the rules are easy to implement and understand, and it would explain where the money is coming from.

Working the practical details, it would pay a figure into every individual wallet which had been used in the previous year.  Obviously, some people would game it so they would use a new wallet for every transaction, but that's the nature of socialism - it encourages people to cheat the system for their own benefit! Wink

But, in all seriousness, using that method, you would get a fairer method of wealth distribution in an algorithm.

Feedback? Wink

If 1% is given to everyone.  Think about it like ripple.  Destroying it would give the same increase in buying power to everyone.  And then that's just demurrage.
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:01:00 PM

CPU friendly, so the large botnets can easily attack it, right?

If it's requiring the very latest CPU extensions those botnets with usually lowspec hardware and outdated CPUs won't do much.

Pure CPU coin would be nice, and being highly RAM intensive could be nice too.

Of course this brings the question if there is enough people with the latest high-end CPUs and plenty of RAM (8GB or 16GB and up) to support that kind of coin.
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:04:45 PM

I think.

1. No CPU friendly, for keep botnets away.
2. Only GPU Friendly, not FPGA nor ASIC.

or a duble parameter.

GPU + CPU = SHA(xxx)+sCrypt(x) ? so this way only "personal pc's" can mine. (and tons of good pc's)

well, maybe i'm telling a dumbass thing but might work.

Yep good start. Something like
Sha256(nonce+Sha512(nonce+Tiger(nonce+Whirpool(nonce+GOST(nonce+scrypt(nonce+bcrypt(nonce+data)))))) perhaps?

or some proof of work based on HDD space as one guy proposed elsewhere

-
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 12:08:36 PM

How about my idea of "ColoredCoin"?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166920.0

cjgames.com
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:34:03 PM

i have an idea for how you could set yourself apart that may actually be a legitimately useful innovation. instead of relying on one algo for proof of work use a bunch of them. 10 20 maybe even 30 different algorithms. This would almost entirely eliminate the idea of any sort of specialized hardware like asics being developed which would cause this coin to be radically decentralized even compared to bitcoin. You could simply cycle through the list 1 at a time and when you get to the end start back at the beginning.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:41:40 PM

I would also be on board with a new type of coin, I couldn't help much software dev wise, but I am rather good at coming up with feature ideas (just not so much implementing them)

I've actually downloaded just about every coin client that wouldn't give me a virus, so I would have personal knowledge when it comes to various coin topics on the alt currency board. I have a definite opinion of what people seem to like, and not so much seem to like. So if you have any questions for me, I'd be happy to answer.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:36:16 PM

There is one change that really make difference: Late adopter advantage, means the later you join the game, the better you are positioned.

For example, all the mined coin can only exist for 100 days, they have the highest value when it first mined, and they get less and less each day

But it seems this is close to the character of all the non-lasting goods like food, cloth etc... Then no one will care about it

Out of this, I don't see any new ideas being fundamentally different

Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:45:42 PM

I've had an idea floating around for a while, either for Bitcoin, or an alt coin, in which a Lamport one-time signature scheme is incorporated into the flow, which would (should) make the coin future proof.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:50:41 PM

i have an idea for how you could set yourself apart that may actually be a legitimately useful innovation. instead of relying on one algo for proof of work use a bunch of them. 10 20 maybe even 30 different algorithms. This would almost entirely eliminate the idea of any sort of specialized hardware like asics being developed which would cause this coin to be radically decentralized even compared to bitcoin. You could simply cycle through the list 1 at a time and when you get to the end start back at the beginning.
There are no 30 different, suitable and tested algorithms.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:55:11 PM

There are no 30 different, suitable and tested algorithms.

ok well you know, how ever many there are, that many.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: