Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:35:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you know when a site tries to scam you?  (Read 15958 times)
Foref1982 (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:31:27 AM

I am writing about the sites where you have to make a deposit before buy and the site offers to act as a MM in deals.

How could I know when they are trying to scam me? In general, how do I know if a MM site is trusted?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 11:14:41 AM

I am writing about the sites where you have to make a deposit before buy and the site offers to act as a MM in deals.

How could I know when they are trying to scam me? In general, how do I know if a MM site is trusted?

1. Scan the site, there are have a malware/virus on the site.
2. Look at company profile. Then research it.
3. Look at the system. Don't easy to believe you can earn high commission just doing useless thing. High commission is mostly use by site scam to steal your money.
4. Don't easy to believe because the site has been run for more than a year/2 years. Point 3, look at system.

There are some my opinion points.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 11:17:08 AM

3. Look at the system. Don't easy to believe you can earn high commission just doing useless thing. High commission is mostly use by site scam to steal your money.
4. Don't easy to believe because the site has been run for more than a year/2 years. Point 3, look at system.

I see...you are an expert.
Is my U2 system a scam?

ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 11:24:07 AM

Do you have an example of any such site ? The best is to just research the forum or do a quick google search to look up the reputation for the website. Most of the bitcoin sites also have a thread on btctalk and you can cross check how it has been doing lately.
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 12:25:57 PM

First of all i would looking for the vouch i mean search on google and read the review however this is not 100% trusted since it's easy to create fake comments or review but if the site is bitcoin related i am going to find some review on this forum especially from the trusted member to make sure that the site is not scam. I would invest only on popular site but it doesn't mean that the site wouldn't turn to scam, let say the possibility to scam is 50% even for the big and popular exchanger right now, just don't invest more than you can afford to lose.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 12:46:24 PM

Honestly you can not know it easily if there is not reviews from other people and they are just new.. better to try there service or buy something to them for a small amount so that you will test them if they are legit or not..
Try scam advisory for some checker that you can find in google. maybe they can give some advise..
lol3c

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 01:26:08 PM

1. Analyze the site in which you are buying good
2. Check the company name and search it by google to see some reviews
3. Check the referral system, if they pay a high commission for users, stay away from it
4. Check whether they have DDos protections and some security from their site
5. Ask people from many forum or social network whether anyone got scam or not
Viyamore

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:00:29 PM

This is what i frequently check.

Company profile(location ,contact number ,email )etc.. Call the number for assurance if available.
Check the site background (overall) its help and FAQ.
Check its security

Thats only what i've check and all i've check is done in my first said Company profile check . Like HYIPs sites before i check and found it was scam then after some months im correct it scams.therefore even the site is longer active and fuctioning if you suspected it a scam site or some of its company profile ,background and security is not functioning or wrong identity don't go with it.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:20:52 PM

I know a site is a scam when their offers are very good to be true. Basically this is the Ponzi HYIP scheme, offering high returns in a small time period, which you don't need to do any kind of task or job, just need to send them money.

There are another kinds of scammers, like shops where you buy stuff and don't receive anything, etc. So, when you want to make a deal on the internet, choose the trustful sites only, based on customers opinios.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:57:49 PM

Common sense maybe? Well in my own perspective. I always do look first the type of site i was trying to enter most likely HYIP has the highest risk of getting shutdown, next is cloudmining platform and then investment sites or revshares. So i prefer to used their services always as a free member.
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:09:54 PM

To be honest, I have no idea what an MM site is. If I were looking to trust a site I would look at a number of things.

Are they asking for an investment from you? Red flag.

Are they well known?

Can you find any real reviews (which for most scams will be fairly obvious).

Does someone reputable that you know or know of from a forum (such as bitcointalk) use the website with no issues?

Last but not least, if it seems too good to be true it probably is.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 04:14:08 PM

I don't believe in any investment site as mostly all are scam or may soon turn scammers. Earlier there were PTC sites that used to appear too good to be true and even pay their upgraded members but as soon as they earned enough profit, they just cheated everyone and turned scam. The first thing you need to check is their certificate and license, their reviews (don't depend on them as they can be bought), the returns (if they sound too good to be true, just give it a miss) and invest only the minimum amount if the site is online for over 2-3 years.

winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 04:50:05 PM

I don't believe in any investment site as mostly all are scam or may soon turn scammers. Earlier there were PTC sites that used to appear too good to be true and even pay their upgraded members but as soon as they earned enough profit, they just cheated everyone and turned scam. The first thing you need to check is their certificate and license, their reviews (don't depend on them as they can be bought), the returns (if they sound too good to be true, just give it a miss) and invest only the minimum amount if the site is online for over 2-3 years.

I hope you do not believe this about my investment U2 system.
All first real investment have been paid back with profit and now all investments are for free and only re-investment with earned satoshi is possible.
I believe you have invested for free at the start and have given up...
Why not check out  your account and see how it is now?

Ok...mostly all investment sites are scam...but mine not...

MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 05:53:43 PM

It's pretty much all about using your brain, scam websites are most of the time obvious (poor english sometimes , poor design , low quality domain name , no SSL  (HTTPS) which should be available in any website that transfer sensitive data ) and other stuff like that , scammers aren't creative , they are just trying to make a quick buck because they can't do anything else and they don't want to spend money to do that either. In addiction to that , you should always google about the website before depositing any BTC .
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 06:12:51 PM

Research is a must. This is a first step when you are trying to find out about the legitimacy of any site.

After hearing thoughts from community or any people with experience on that site, you will automatically know what to do. If in some cases you don't find any opinions about the certain site then it's up to you now if you will face the risk. Well for me, without majority consent I will not consider any site as a legit one. Also we can state some sites if it's an obvious scam.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Foref1982 (OP)

Activity: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 08:26:26 PM

What I really want to do is to collect the signs that distincts the case when there is some hidden malicious activity on client side ( like a trojan on your HDD ) than when the server side is the malicious ( = scam site ). If you see that your balance disappears from your deposit address, that either could be a trojan that withdraw your money or the fact that the site went rouge.
RussiaIsBest

Activity: 108

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 08:40:02 PM

to do that you must know which group of sites are you searching paid to click ,mining ,revenue share,hyip,mlm...it is best to write about revenue share and ptc sites,to do that check if sie have special own design then it is better than others and check google rewievs and forum rewievs and rank
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:44:28 PM

On some sites I do not know and I think no one know as the admin escape away suddenly but on some sites we feel when the management is interrupted from the administration and the lack of support start to occur etc then I feel that something bad is going to happen there.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:48:48 PM

Look any website that ask you to make a deposit before you be able to use or earn with their services will always be a scam soo just dont joing such, you will pay for something and will get nothing easy as that.
ukasyah

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 02:43:57 AM

that's good advices. thank you.

I ever found a site/service that offers a high commission, but we need to do an easy job. So I looked for information about the site from my friends and read some threads about the site, and then I knew that it was a scam.

or we can read the feedbacks about the site, and see if the site has sertificate or not.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: