Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:39:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [prediction] How this 'bubble' will end  (Read 2652 times)
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:05:00 PM

Right now, many of you are saying that this kind of growth cannot last forever, and that may be true.  However, it is true without a shadow of a doubt that Bitcoin, if successful, will be worth a great deal more in the future, and to get there, we simply must have dramatic rises such as the current one.  Thus, crashes will not last.

This is not 2011.  The end of the rally will be more like January or August 2012.  A panic sell happens at $500, for example, and for two months, people will be depressed as the price just slides down, but overall, stability is much better, and liquidity improves in the markets.  The fall stops at $350-400, and then we have a consolidation period where we rise into the mid-high $400s and stabilize for a few months.  Then, good news arrives in the form of increased adoption, beginning the next leg up.

The 'bubble' will not end with a bust, it'll end just like the previous two 'bubbles': more adoption, better fundamentals, better liquidity.

(BFL)^2 < 0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:07:43 PM

You have put my exact thoughts into words. Agree 100%.
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:32:57 PM

You have put my exact thoughts into words. Agree 100%.
+1

- aka The "DigiMan"
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:37:29 PM

Amazingly said. I'm looking forward to this eventually happening so I can load up on more coins at the bottom.
aurora

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 05:51:43 PM

the truth is nobody knows how it will end. you can speculate all you want but at the end you will be wrong

Dym.game
Double your money. Use Martingale/anti strategies. 1 to 1 odds
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:53:02 PM

the truth is nobody knows how it will end. you can speculate all you want but at the end you will be wrong
But it will go UP and then it will go DOWN, and that will be fun to take advantage of.
donjoe

Activity: 183

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:00:21 PM

You're only kidding yourself. Bitcoin is already on governmental radars on both sides of the pond. They've already issued statements that they want this thing regulated and brought under control. Sure, it may get to $500 while the authorities scramble to come up with some effective policies, but I don't see them letting it go far beyond that. Not while remaining the same Bitcoin we know now.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:05:25 PM

Yeah we all know governments have infinite power over p2p technologies right? The most they can do is outlaw exchanges, and it would take *all* governments to cooperate to have any effect. After that bitcoins would go to the black p2p underground market, that's all. Regulate? Try to describe how that would work?

i am satoshi
SomeWhere

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:07:55 PM

+3000
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:15:18 PM

...with me opening a birthday card from my Grandma and it includes a BTC address. The note attached reads, "Call me for the key, it's in my brain wallet. Love, Gram"
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:23:12 PM

matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:40:10 PM

Right now, many of you are saying that this kind of growth cannot last forever, and that may be true.  However, it is true without a shadow of a doubt that Bitcoin, if successful, will be worth a great deal more in the future, and to get there, we simply must have dramatic rises such as the current one.  Thus, crashes will not last.

This is not 2011.  The end of the rally will be more like January or August 2012.  A panic sell happens at $500, for example, and for two months, people will be depressed as the price just slides down, but overall, stability is much better, and liquidity improves in the markets.  The fall stops at $350-400, and then we have a consolidation period where we rise into the mid-high $400s and stabilize for a few months.  Then, good news arrives in the form of increased adoption, beginning the next leg up.

The 'bubble' will not end with a bust, it'll end just like the previous two 'bubbles': more adoption, better fundamentals, better liquidity.

I agree, there's more down and ups to come, but as usual we'll end up much higher off.  I can't hope to predict at what price those tops and bottoms are so I'm holding tight, as I have done since $14.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:45:18 PM

Define "end". Like this you can always wait for your statement to prove correct (prove the OP wrong at the chosen "end").

I agree that, if no major bad news hit, bitcoins have no reason not to keep increasing in price. It's a useful tool in many ways, and the more people are starting to use it, the more valuable it will be.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
k3t3r

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:48:55 PM

everyone keep reating the words bitcoin and bubble. and when you see these words repeated by news casters and pundits. nod and agree. thats all.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:51:48 PM

I think some corrections could be a little worse than OP describes, but otherwise agree completely.
Gordonium

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:53:22 PM

I repeat. There is no bubble. Bitcoin is seriously undervalued right now.
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:59:17 PM

I repeat. There is no bubble. Bitcoin is seriously undervalued right now.

^ this

authorities scramble to come up with some effective policies.

Ahem... is file sharing stopped ? Is the war on narcotics won ? Is there no prostitution ? When alohol was forbidden in the states, did nobody aquire alcohol ? Or hell, did the governments prohibit or prevent money laundering orchestrated by criminal forces (read: banks) ? At the moment, the worlds largest banks have the ability to do whatever they want. They only need to 'pretend' they adhere to rules and regulations, but it's all a game of pretending. Show me where the money is, and you know who's in charge.. Nothing the politicians come up with in forms of law and regulations can deterr the market if there's a need for a certain product or service. There's also no law of nature that says governments has the right to decide how you should live your life or to decide what you should do or what you should not do. These are all artificial restrictions imposed upon us and we're being conditioned to believe all this hoopla since we was raised in schoold adhering to the propaganda teached by the nation states. Mass media is also a big part of this, forming your image of the world, and how things should be and how they should not be.

In the end - if bitcoins are actually developed by the NSA, CIA or another 3-letter agency, we would never know. Also, to these organizations bitcoin will be hugely interesting, just imagine all the purposes it could be used for. The free market speaks - people want freedom.
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:17:49 PM

They've already issued statements that they want this thing regulated and brought under control.
For what it's worth: at least in the US, those statements included what kind of regulation they want to see, and for the normal user who treats BTC as a currency, it's "nothing at all". The ones who are affected are only exchanges, companies who transfer bitcoins between third parties (e.g. online wallet services), and miners who cash out for fiat (which will create huge demand for goods and services denominated in BTC, as miners search for a way to spend it without having to fear classification as an MSB).

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:46:52 PM

I don't know when this thing is going to pop, but the higher and faster it rises, the harder it'll likely come down.  My prediction is that a flash crash will turn into a long decline to the mid-high singles followed by a return the mean around $15-20. I think we will then see a period of stability and slow growth until the next bubble.

Pretty much exactly how it played out last time, except with slightly higher lows.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:14:43 PM

I think we finally made it to the top.  I know, I know.  I'm as exhausted as you guys.  Relax now, and settle in for the long slow slide.  

I've got a few weeks to get some funds ready for the teens and below.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:15:07 PM

I think we finally made it to the top.  I know, I know.  I'm as exhausted as you guys.  Relax now, and settle in for the long slow slide.  

mmm-hm.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:17:14 PM

I'd usually agree with you proudhon, but these bulls are starting to convince me things might be different now. Logic tells me otherwise, but I can't deny what I'm seeing. They just keep buying these dips.

Note: This probably means I'm about to lose money.

Elon Krusky
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:23:03 PM

Oh no, even Crazy bears are turning bullish, is the top in sight? Smiley

i am satoshi
mp420

Activity: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:28:52 PM

By now, we are in such a late stage of the rally, that I think we can definitively say the bubble has peaked when we see a weekly red candle. Depends, of course, but I think I'm seeing the sort of euphoria that would signify we're close to the peak (at least temporally, price may go up significantly yet).
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:40:14 PM

If this is a bubble... and that is a bif "If"... then top will be past $1000.00 in a month or two. Smiley

- aka The "DigiMan"
Zendata

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:55:16 PM

By now, we are in such a late stage of the rally, that I think we can definitively say the bubble has peaked when we see a weekly red candle. Depends, of course, but I think I'm seeing the sort of euphoria that would signify we're close to the peak (at least temporally, price may go up significantly yet).

Weekly? All it takes is one good one Wink
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:02:13 PM

Yeah we all know governments have infinite power over p2p technologies right? The most they can do is outlaw exchanges, and it would take *all* governments to cooperate to have any effect. After that bitcoins would go to the black p2p underground market, that's all. Regulate? Try to describe how that would work?

there's no need for regulation. The market will take care of itself.
donjoe

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:18:59 PM

The most they can do is outlaw exchanges, and it would take *all* governments to cooperate to have any effect. After that bitcoins would go to the black p2p underground market, that's all.
The black P2P underground market means very slow transactions, which would kill one of the most desirable aspects of Bitcoin as a purely digital currency. Like I said, if the gov't decides to crack down on it, it won't survive as the Bitcoin we're used to and its price will definitely take an immense hit.

But yeah, I hadn't read about the FinCEN ruling or whatever kind of act that was, when I last posted on this topic. At this time I'm somewhat less pessimistic about Bitcoin's future, though still worried that its protracted survival will unnecessarily delay the adoption of a truly well designed digital currency system that would be based on sound economic concepts (not just a cryptographic toy invented by some random programmer) that could really be a worldwide substitute for all fiat currency systems.

there's no need for regulation. The market will take care of itself.
You must not be from the same planet as the rest of us.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: