Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:14:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed Transactions Problem  (Read 9333 times)
pPurkey

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 05:30:42 PM

I had to wait over 4 hours for a transaction to confirm the other day. Had a sufficient fee too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skierchewing

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 05:35:20 PM

If it is saturated, that's because people is using Bitcoin. Bitcoin wasn't intented to be instant, never. That's more a store of value. For one second transactions, use altcoins.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10220

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 06:26:58 PM

If it is saturated, that's because people is using Bitcoin. Bitcoin wasn't intented to be instant, never. That's more a store of value. For one second transactions, use altcoins.

If it were actual organic usage that was causing the delays and the backlog, then it would be understandable that there is some kind of seeming emergency and something needs to be done in order to make it better.

This current and ongoing situation does not appear to be any kind of organic usage situation. 

Accordingly, yesterday, about 24 hours ago, as I type, there was a sudden and unexplained spike in the transactions and ongoing jam..   A very similar thing happened last week, but it seemed to have been resolved in less than 12 hours.  Anyhow, the current blockages appear more as if they are attempts at sabotage in order to cause impressions of some kind of emergency situation that does not in reality exist, except for the purposeful, malicious and currently ongoing attack/sabotage.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
tarrioin

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 07:57:10 PM

Summary
Size   966 (bytes)
Fee Rate   0.00041407867494824016 BTC per kB
Received Time   Oct 26, 2016 9:27:51 PM
Mined Time   N/A
Included in Block   Unconfirmed

Summary
Size   371 (bytes)
Fee Rate   0.0005 BTC per kB
Received Time   Oct 26, 2016 9:56:28 PM
Mined Time   N/A
LockTime   435928

Summary
Size   372 (bytes)
Fee Rate   0.0005 BTC per kB
Received Time   Oct 26, 2016 9:56:34 PM
Mined Time   N/A
LockTime   435928

I'm just going to and 18 hours for this trasacción in which I am sending money to a company for an investment.
I did it for Xapo so I do not really see that payment rates until the order command.
I did not find any option to upload the commission.
Although I do not think this is the solution because if we all climbed 45000 share transactions will be staying the same.

In all this time using BitCoins is the first time it happens!
How do I use an online wallet and thought that something had happened to the company because it has more outstanding payment.
But then I saw that is generic.

The strange thing is that 7 transactions. 4 have been made and only 3 are waiting for more than 18 hours.
LGD2Business (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1512

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:13:24 PM

What kind of attack is this? Last 1 hour we didn't see any new block and Unconfirmed Transactions reached to maybe all time high 60.000. I've never seen something like that before.
Total Fees   25,981.56222966 BTC
Total Size   29825.55 (KB)
Transactions Per Second   2.6

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:17:11 PM

It's not an attack, again, it's just the result of saturation on the blockchain.

The recent price increase has resulted in a high amount of transactions, much higher than the regular volume. As a result, you are now seeing over 60k transactions that have built up on the queue:

https://www.bitcoinqueue.com/details/4d.html

rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:22:02 PM

If it were actual organic usage that was causing the delays and the backlog, then it would be understandable that there is some kind of seeming emergency and something needs to be done in order to make it better.

This current and ongoing situation does not appear to be any kind of organic usage situation.  

Accordingly, yesterday, about 24 hours ago, as I type, there was a sudden and unexplained spike in the transactions and ongoing jam..   A very similar thing happened last week, but it seemed to have been resolved in less than 12 hours.  Anyhow, the current blockages appear more as if they are attempts at sabotage in order to cause impressions of some kind of emergency situation that does not in reality exist, except for the purposeful, malicious and currently ongoing attack/sabotage.

"there was a sudden and unexplained spike". duh... Like no one want to use bitcoin.
"A very similar thing happened last week," Oh, so this sudden and unexplained spike is not such a surprise.

"the current blockages appear more as if they are attempts at sabotage in order to cause impressions of some kind of emergency situation that does not in reality exist" Mostly innocent free paying bitcoiners. 32,000 paying 40sat/byte or MORE at time of writing.

It cant be happening man! Pull ya head out of the sand.

Edit - 50 40 sat/byte

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 08:48:39 PM

It's not an attack, again, it's just the result of saturation on the blockchain.

The recent price increase has resulted in a high amount of transactions, much higher than the regular volume. As a result, you are now seeing over 60k transactions that have built up on the queue:

Are there fees in those txs?
I guess there are. So it will be a game theo task to the miners to switch to BU and earn that extra honey first and we will see a run....

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:58:20 PM

I guess there are. So it will be a game theo task to the miners to switch to BU and earn that extra honey first and we will see a run....

Yes the fee breakdown is in the key frame at the bottom in sat/B
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 09:00:35 PM

Why would they do that? Scarcer transactions means the aggregated fees will be higher for the miners, not lower. They would need more actual people transacting for the same blocksize for the math to make that true. All that happens if you multiply the space is that you divide the fee rate by the same factor, hence miners make the same amount of BTC irrespective of the blocksize.

If those transactions aren't spam, the real people doing their real business need that money sent, so the miners make more money if they just wait while they pick them off. Any more shilling for coup attempts you'd like to treat us to?

Vires in numeris
Looarn

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 09:04:28 PM

What happend to this block : Bloc 435981

size 0% in a rush time, that is very strange to me. Smiley

If someone has an explanation ?

Source : https://fr.kaiko.com/block/000000000000000002eb076392586c5b034ba3826ff6adb459bc57db4191943e

EDIT : I think I understand it's a reward, but why it is not added to other transaction ? (Maybe a way to optimize a bit the blocsize use.)

If my post help you, you can tip me in FeatherCoin here: 6wgNso1AWVuGy5P5Rpc2bBoVaNaKzbxmyi
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 09:06:10 PM

Accordingly, yesterday, about 24 hours ago, as I type, there was a sudden and unexplained spike in the transactions and ongoing jam..   A very similar thing happened last week, but it seemed to have been resolved in less than 12 hours.  Anyhow, the current blockages appear more as if they are attempts at sabotage in order to cause impressions of some kind of emergency situation that does not in reality exist, except for the purposeful, malicious and currently ongoing attack/sabotage.

"there was a sudden and unexplained spike". duh... Like no one want to use bitcoin.
"A very similar thing happened last week," Oh, so this sudden and unexplained spike is not such a surprise.

"the current blockages appear more as if they are attempts at sabotage in order to cause impressions of some kind of emergency situation that does not in reality exist" Mostly innocent free paying bitcoiners. 32,000 paying 40sat/byte or MORE at time of writing.

It cant be happening man! Pull ya head out of the sand.

Edit - 50 40 sat/byte

I would call it skepticism.

There has been a considerable amount of misinformation and disinformation coming from the big blocker camp, and I have also read about spam attacks.

It does not look like organic growth to me, as many big blocker folks seem to be wanting to argue. 

In other words, if this happens to be real, then the crying of wolf by many big blockers has undermined the credibility of such assertions and I am not going to buy into those claims without further and better evidence.

Here's the 1 week:

https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size?timespan=1week

You can also zoom out to the 1 month.  Those depictions of the mempool backlog does not look organic to me, no matter how much you attempt to assert that it is.

Are you also arguing that an immediate increase to 2mb would likely resolve the issue? with a gun to the head of those folks with transactions pending?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
perris21

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:07:42 PM

and so we are just waiting now without no action?  24 hours more still unconfirmed . it is really not good for small business.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:22:08 PM

and so we are just waiting now without no action?  24 hours more still unconfirmed . it is really not good for small business.

Yes..... The number of unconfirmed transactions building up in the mempool seems to be at an all time high, approaching 30 million bytes.

https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size?timespan=30days

My unconfirmed transaction from yesterday was about 1,700 bytes, and is now about 25 hours old, with still no confirmations. 

By the way, my transaction fee was calculated by a default Mycellium wallet setting at .00085844 BTC (about $.56 and about 51 satoshis per byte - by the way the transmission was a value of a bit more than 2.56 BTC).   

Surely, I am looking forward to hearing some kind of official report regarding what is happening and what kinds of actions are being taken to attempt to address this seemingly ongoing spam attack issue......

perris21

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:31:00 PM

Yes..... The number of unconfirmed transactions building up in the mempool seems to be at an all time high, approaching 30 million bytes.

https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size?timespan=30days

My unconfirmed transaction from yesterday was about 1,700 bytes, and is now about 25 hours old, with still no confirmations. 

By the way, my transaction fee was calculated by a default Mycellium wallet setting at .00085844 BTC (about $.56 and about 51 satoshis per byte - by the way the transmission was a value of a bit more than 2.56 BTC).   

Surely, I am looking forward to hearing some kind of official report regarding what is happening and what kinds of actions are being taken to attempt to address this seemingly ongoing spam attack issue......

i tried to contact blockchain and the answer they said they dont have authority of this problem..... i have no idea now..
tarrioin

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:42:17 PM

I'm seeing pay commissions "FEE: 0.04265666 BTC" so that transactions are confirmed.
And yet only half an hour even have a confirmation.
And that sending 25BTC.
tarrioin

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:25:22 PM

¡¡¡40MB!!!

65933 Unconfirmed Transactions Live updating list of new bitcoin transactions

Términos de uso
Summary   Status: Connected
Total Fees   16.50175792 BTC
Total Size   40756.536 (KB)
Transactions Per Second   1.7
Orphan Count   176
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:30:16 PM

I had thinked this issue were already been fixed now looks like it will be a long time waiting the small transactions to go further, those should return normal this month? Its a mess this situation too many transactions for a short period, just because price is getting bigger.
perris21

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:37:45 PM

LMAO
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:47:12 PM

In September 2015, the mempool had over 190,000 pending txs.
This is pretty weak so far. Its going to take a few more days to get to something worth watching.

People overreacting now are either ignorant or pushing an agenda of ignorance.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: