Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:18:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (MOVED) BipCoin. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed.  (Read 23137 times)
_Django05_

Activity: 403
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:48:21 AM

19:26:49:372   1424   
19:26:49:372   1424   ÉÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ»
19:26:49:372   1424   º            Claymore CryptoNote CPU Miner  v3.5 Beta            º
19:26:49:372   1424   ÈÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍͼ
19:26:49:582   1424   Wrong wallet address bip1kx8jyqtXpn9feET8mK1cHgcoCR4GNgRiov9WkHC9YA6NPki4KCSgF8xJjNrxwNcFyHdoVpeGYLR MggYjRZLC9ZZeFaADKx - XMR/QCN/BCN/FCN/Aeon/Duck/Dash/OEC/MCN/ORION addresses are supported only.
19:26:49:582   1424   Pool 5.189.135.137 removed from the list
19:26:49:582   1424   No pools specified! Specify at least one pool in "pools.txt" file or in "-o" parameter.

If you're still having trouble, you can use this miner
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326803.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 04:58:49 PM

What is the github for this coin?   i have compiled the code from this ANN page and the daemon cant find any seeds...

I'm on linux and i would like to build the file myself. 

Thanks!
MWD64 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 05:03:39 PM

What is the github for this coin?   i have compiled the code from this ANN page and the daemon cant find any seeds...

I'm on linux and i would like to build the file myself. 

Thanks!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662140.msg16686585#msg16686585

Should be done within a week. Merguing updates.

Linux build here
https://bipcoin.org/?p=1132

is correct, and there is an MD5 there. If you'd prefer to wait, we should have the Git updated soon. Old build had different nodes. New ones are domain-named based (so we can updated if need be without re-releasing the software), the old ones were IP address / port numbers hard-wired in.

MWD

Check out and use The BipCot NoGov license
_Django05_

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:27:18 PM

why is it needed to be after 60 block before balance can be seen?

it's too long imho.
Nik4691

Activity: 352

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:19:45 PM

it's too long imho.
That's what the standard cryptonote pool software offers.
There is no "estimated" function to see your coins added once a new block is found.
It needs to mature first (60 blocks in our case) and then it gives the participants their payments.
In any case the coins go to our wallets after 60 blocks mined.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 06:39:12 PM

it's too long imho.
There is no "estimated" function to see your coins added once a new block is found.
It needs to mature first (60 blocks in our case) and then it gives the participants their payments.

Yup. _Django05_ - a watched pool never mines. lol. (well, it does, but it's better to just set it and forget it, and check it once or twice a day....with ANY mining.)

You actually can get some stats by entering your mining address here:
http://5.189.135.137/bip/#

down the page where it says "Your Stats & Payment History" then hit the "Lookup" button.
That will also save your address for each time you visit the page. Usually updated but if not, hit "Lookup" again.

MWD

_Django05_

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:42:53 PM

I was just being impatient.
I'm mining w/ 400H at the moment gonna add later.
okay thanks for the explanation.

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 07:09:03 PM

I know. New coins are like drugs to me too.

BipCoin is gonna be like shooting heroin and LSD into your eyeball. In a good way. lol.

Thank you for your service! More helps secure everything, and helps transactions floooooow more quickly more of the time....

atithasos

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 07:14:20 PM

Hello to all,
as i saw you answer to all the questions.

Thanks for participating to BipCoin and of course to my pool.

BTC: 18Kz4PHHNaRndxUhsCU6wWSpNjkucPuF7S
_Django05_

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:28:59 PM

BipCoin is gonna be like shooting heroin and LSD into your eyeball. In a good way. lol.

Thank you for your service! More helps secure everything, and helps transactions floooooow more quickly more of the time....

Thank you.
You know what, i kinda like it here. Devs are active and it is a good sign.
I think we're gonna do great. Smiley

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 07:30:06 PM

Thank you.
You know what, i kinda like it here. Devs are active and it is a good sign.
I think we're gonna do great. Smiley

Thank you!
MWD

thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:40:03 PM

I guess I shouldn't have deleted it and my wallet after being told it was a dead project?!
atithasos

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 07:49:14 PM

No that was a mistake but it is never late to start mining again

BTC: 18Kz4PHHNaRndxUhsCU6wWSpNjkucPuF7S
montas101

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:50:05 PM

I guess I shouldn't have deleted it and my wallet after being told it was a dead project?!

i did the same thing too.....but i did save the wallet.bin in a usb stick....just in case of lazaros came to life again.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 07:56:58 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2016, 08:11:32 PM by MWD64

i did the same thing too.....but i did save the wallet.bin in a usb stick....just in case of lazaros came to life again.

Well done.

Read this on moving old wallets:
https://bipcoin.org/?p=1354

MWD
=-==--
“Internal Node Error” is NOT a problem
BipCoin wallet .0004 is able to transact better than ever. Errors we had in version .0003 are gone. You now can do transfers of thousands of bips and they confirm in minutes. But some transactions produce the error in red : “Internal Node Error”, especially right after making a few transfers successfully, but sometimes at random.

This problem is ONLY with .address/.wallet files from the the old .0003 wallets when opened up in the new .0004 (they will not open in the .0003, that no longer works. Nor should it.)

If you are having problems transferring bips from old wallets, try typing

reset

and hit enter. If this does not fix it, you’ll just have to send your bips from old wallets to new wallets in batches, with time between transfers.

I was able to transfer thousands of bips from an old wallet to a new wallet, but ran into this problem with the last 200 bips or so. Had to transfer them 10 or 20 at a time, with a minute or so between transfers.

It’s irritating, but once transferred, delete the old .0003 .wallet / .address files. You won’t have to deal with this again after that in the new .0004 wallet software.

=-=-

It goes without saying, but: MAKE A NEW WALLET IN .0004 TO MINE WITH / TO. DO NOT USE A WALLET ADDRESS MADE IN .0003 AS A MINING ADDRESS!

thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 08:02:36 PM

I'm not confident in a coin in which the creators already threw in the towel once before. Time, resources, and electricity isn't free. This is no longer a worthwhile investment for me in this situation.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 08:38:49 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2016, 09:00:43 PM by MWD64

I'm not confident in a coin in which the creators already threw in the towel once before. Time, resources, and electricity isn't free. This is no longer a worthwhile investment for me in this situation.

That's a fine general blanket statement to make, and you're welcome to it. However, you don't know the whole story.

First time around, we had one programmer, turned out after a while he couldn't cut it. (I'm not a programmer, I'm a cat herder, came up with the name and concept, and write the tech tutorials, etc.) He was way too busy with family, work, hobbies, etc. to really be a coin's whole tech team.

Then I had a death in the family (of a family member who was very close to me) so was not able to work on things and build a better team.

So I thought the righteous thing to do was kill it and announce it dead, rather than let it limp along for a year and slowly die like most coins. Because THAT really wastes people's time and electricity much more than the little time BipCoin was first mineable before I "killed" it.

So after a month, I opened my wallet just to look at it one more time before I deleted everything. That was when I realized it still worked, transactions worked, mining worked, that it was not easily killable, and I was over the initial shock of the family member's death. This is after we'd even killed the seed nodes. I could still transact with people I'd transacted with before, and also people I'd never transacted with but with people who'd transacted with people I'd transacted with. I thought that was very cool.

So I formed a better team. That first programmer is no longer on our team. We now have 3 programmers plus me, so basically the deal is this; Not only would a death in my family not kill it, but even my death would not kill it.

Team (beside me) is:
--atithasos (cool guy who's on this thread often answering your questions. Also runs one of our pools.)
--Derrick (who is not on here much, he's too busy programming and mining Bitcoin, and he's been mining Bitcoin since you could do it wit a RasPi.) He and I also made the MeowBit dot-bit resolver for Namecoin, and made FeenPhone. He's currently making the GUI wallets for BipCoin.
--slb, who runs ForkNote and was a major contributor with to the code of  cryptonote-forknote-pool. He also runs our other pool, on democats.org, which he also runs.

atithasos and I are also WAY more proactive about answering user's questions than a lot of CryptoNote coins except Monero. That's a big plus in using a coin and helping it grow.

Regardless, I totally understand why your trust may have been tarnished, But remember: There are no guarantees on the edge.

And you're welcome to not mine BipCoin. That just leaves more for everyone else.  Grin

MWD

BadAudioisaHateCrime

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 09:52:31 PM

Read this on moving old wallets:
https://bipcoin.org/?p=1354

MWD
=-==--
“Internal Node Error” is NOT a problem
BipCoin wallet .0004 is able to transact better than ever. Errors we had in version .0003 are gone. You now can do transfers of thousands of bips and they confirm in minutes. But some transactions produce the error in red : “Internal Node Error”, especially right after making a few transfers successfully, but sometimes at random.

This problem is ONLY with .address/.wallet files from the the old .0003 wallets when opened up in the new .0004 (they will not open in the .0003, that no longer works. Nor should it.)

If you are having problems transferring bips from old wallets, try typing

reset

and hit enter. If this does not fix it, you’ll just have to send your bips from old wallets to new wallets in batches, with time between transfers.

I was able to transfer thousands of bips from an old wallet to a new wallet, but ran into this problem with the last 200 bips or so. Had to transfer them 10 or 20 at a time, with a minute or so between transfers.

It’s irritating, but once transferred, delete the old .0003 .wallet / .address files. You won’t have to deal with this again after that in the new .0004 wallet software.

=-=-

It goes without saying, but: MAKE A NEW WALLET IN .0004 TO MINE WITH / TO. DO NOT USE A WALLET ADDRESS MADE IN .0003 AS A MINING ADDRESS!

Thanks!

I was beating my head against the wall trying to empty that wonky wallet, figured Id check here one last time before sending you an email. 
werdwerdus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 06:07:38 AM

is it possible to mine with AMD card? I have tried claymore with the command line listed on the bipcoin main site/pool sites, and it errors with this message
Code:
Wrong wallet address *redacted* - XMR/QCN/BCN/FCN/Aeon/Duck/Dash/OEC/MCN/ORION addresses are supported only.

I also tried to add -nofee 1, and I get the same error.

I also tried Wolf's miner using AMD gpu and got my IP banned for too many rejected shares - too low difficulty. I tried all three difficulty ports.

Anybody had success? I am using nvidia just fine with ccminer-cryptonight.

rancemo

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 06:13:51 AM

is it possible to mine with AMD card? I have tried claymore with the command line listed on the bipcoin main site/pool sites, and it errors with this message
Code:
Wrong wallet address *redacted* - XMR/QCN/BCN/FCN/Aeon/Duck/Dash/OEC/MCN/ORION addresses are supported only.

I also tried to add -nofee 1, and I get the same error.

I also tried Wolf's miner using AMD gpu and got my IP banned for too many rejected shares - too low difficulty. I tried all three difficulty ports.

Anybody had success? I am using nvidia just fine with ccminer-cryptonight.

I haven't had luck with my AMD card either.  Maybe someone could get Claymore to add BIP support.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: