Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:20:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (MOVED) BipCoin. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed.  (Read 23134 times)
MainCoins

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 09:19:56 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2016, 09:43:21 AM by MainCoins

Please, I don't want... really. Oh, my god. It was not my goal. I don't want to judge, it's not the point.

But if you indeed want: I checked each day some pools for fees. It's clear: I wanted to start my own and need to see, that fee is set by other pools. Nothing unusual. I checked each day for e couple of weeks just to understand id admins change that settings. So I have collected some statistics about different pools. You know -- its just a some call to see {donation} key on pool settings.

I DON'T say (yes I wrote it n a bad way), the pool was hacked before this weekend. I can't know it as well as you. I just wonder, why the pool had {donation} 20% or even 30% for (xcicoin) in November. I don't now why: misconfiguration. Maybe admin have tested something. I don't know. I just see what I see. I wrote value each day and I you want I can give you a chart of values over last weeks.

My first thought was: ok each pool admin can set all he wants. Miners can see the value. So why no to set 20%? Really -- why not? One pool has 1% fee, another 20%? why not? And I contacted you as soon I rechecked all my data multiple times! It was as signal, that something is wrong. Yes, I was late maybe. But I still don't understand how admin of the pool doesn't see than his pool is compromised? Something changes only after I reported that.

Once again: please, please, please : read it carefully: it's NOT about "you are a bad boy". No! no way! It's just about to help to find what the hacker did or at least make harder to do it again.

I'm also ready to offer any technical assistance for FREE. It's absolutely not about crimination.

And yes: my proof is "nothing". it's just a picture with values I collected each day. You can freely create such a chart in "photoshop". So do you really want I publish the picture? Is it not better to find a tech. solution based on that data, if you are going to believe me data. One again: I'm ready to offer technical support for FREE, I have experience.

sorry for my not being able to be silent Sad

I feel really bad. I was really bad idea to write about my checks. Indeed: Who is interested in my checks. me! and me only! Why did I wrote about it... I don't know. I don't know how can I make things better... Please give me an Idea... Sad

MyPool.Online Pools: http://MyPool.Online

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MainCoins

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 06:18:58 PM

My pool:
http://cryptonotepool.com/#pools was hacked on Saturday 10 December 2016. The crackers changed the payout addresses for Xcicoin and Karbowanec to steal the coin to someone else.
The pool fee (then paying to the hackers) was also made larger.

The fee was made larger on the BipCoin pool, but the address was not changed.

I  believe this was a successful attempt to steal coin, and then try to make this pool look dishonest, by not changing one of the payout addresses.
On 15 December 2016 I've fixed it, hardened against future attempts, and added alerting systems for future problems. All pools should have all this, and not many do.

The amount of all three coins not paid out to miners combined wasn't much. It totaled about the price of two people eating dinner in a cheap restaurant.

I apologize.

To try to win back the public's trust, I am admitting the error, and making the pool fee for all 3 coins ZERO for one month. After that time it will go back to 1.5%.

I run this pool mainly to support CryptoNote and usually only make about enough money to cover the servers. I do hope I can win back your trust.

Thank you.

Just to inform you: As you can see I started my pools in mid November. Before starting I checked all fees other pools had just to decide which fee to set. All your pools already had that huge "hidden" fee in November. So your "10 December 2016" doesn't look like a correct claim. If your pool indeed has been hacked it happened definitely much earlier than you think. It makes sense to recheck your security logs for a longer period. Feel free to contact me if you need any further technical assistance.
-=

This isn't true. Server crashed and was rebuilt Saturday. Hack started after the rebuild.

1. It wasn't hacked before this past Saturday. And if it was hacked before Saturday, it would have no miners with reduced payouts for as long as you say.

2.  If you care about BipCoin as you have claimed, why the hell did you not post here a month ago if there was a pool with a hidden payout? If I noticed something like that I'd post it on a coin's thread immediately. You claim people were being ripped off, but you told no one, so you let people continue to be ripped off, and now you want people to trust you?

3. Prove it was hacked before Saturday. You can't. Because I wasn't.

You have a bunch of pools running since last month, most have no miners, and a few with one miner (you), and the BipCoin pool, your most successful pool, has two miners because I gave you the benefit of a doubt and asked a friend to mine on it for a few days and give me a report.

I think you should worry about your own pool instead of making stuff up about other pools.

I predict you'll post one or two more posts on here, then disappear. Then within a couple weeks a third newbie user with a new pool and similarities to you will come on here and get pushy. Again.

To make it short. I think my fault was, that I posted it publicly. You are right. It's something I should gave via pm (with proofs). I think it's better If I gave stats I have via pm. My goal is not to destroy something. I just want to help to figure out what happened. I think it's really better I we do it via pm.

No man, post it here. Go ahead. If your claim to have any proof is anything more than a FUD bluff, there's no reason to not post it here.

And the invite to "help", ....Now why would you want to get in to the server that got hacked and is now hardened....?

Ok. I tried to clear that via pm without success Sad So I should write here. I will try to be as precise as possible.

1. I apologize for my "has been hacked it happened definitely much earlier than you think". I can't know it since I don't have any access to the server's log. So it's incorrect. It should be "I checked some values and saw unusual pool fee before 10 December 2016". What I wrote "has been hacked"? Because I thought if admin says, that hight pool fee is the result of being hacked, so he just didn't check deep enough. Otherwise? How it is possible, that pool had high fee? So: please replace my "has been hacked" with just I saw high fee before 10 December 2016.

2.  You wrote:  "It wasn't hacked before this past Saturday" - any technical proof? Server access logs? it would be nice. How did you managed to say that? Are you admin of the pool? Do you have access to the server?

3. You wrote: "If you care about BipCoin as you have claimed, why the hell did you not post here a month ago". -- Yes, it's the point. You know I'm new here, just a couple of weeks. I don't really know rules here. Is it normal to have such a  high fee? I don't know. Yes, it's strange but why not (this is what I thought)? Why can't someone set such a fee? It all agree -- why not? It's a first point. The second one is: I just run some RPC call to see pools values and found strange {donation} value. Since it was the first pool I checked I thought -- It's just a normal field with some numeric value. I didn't know what the value means. So It's definitely me fault not just to ask here what it means. I just started to check which fee and {donation} other pools have. I'm not so smart as you could think. If you open an URL im browser and see some digits -- ok, some digits. So I started to install my own pool. After that I understood how software works much better. But -- it took time.

3. You wrote: "Prove it was hacked before Saturday. You can't." Yes, you are right. I can't. Please see my 1. where I ask you to change my "hacked" to "I saw some values". You wrote: "Because I wasn't." - That is very interesting. any technical proof? Server access logs? it would be nice. How did you managed to say that? Are you admin of the pool? Do you have access to the server?

4. You wrote: "You have a bunch of pools running since last month, most have no miners, and a few with one miner (you), and the BipCoin pool, your most successful pool, has two miners because I gave you the benefit" -- Yes, thank you.

5. You wrote: "I think you should worry about your own pool instead of making stuff up about other pools. " -- Yes, you are right.

6. You wrote: "I predict you'll post one or two more posts on here, then disappear" -- I don't know. Maybe. Currently I'm quite excited about Cryptocurrencies idea.

7. You wrote: "No man, post it here. Go ahead" -- I do it without pleasure Sad really. Here you are (just part of). Let us du is step by step:

http://picpaste.com/partialdata-uTYG6Px2.png

Why stats for just a few hours? Because I don't really want to publish all data I collected. And because It's very interesting if my data has something in common with reality, which you (I hope) will say us since you are able to check your logs and it's a very easy task for someone having access to the server. Please note: I already uploaded all the data I have, to avoid 'cheating' from my side. Something like:

http://picpaste.com/dsh-tTF51lXW.png

from the same pool (another cryptocurrency).

BTW: I have my data for all the questions below. Maybe I collected wrong data? technically O collected using by calling pools RPC "/stats" and just parsed data. It's a very simple script which everyone can run. If someone has interest, just open http://5.189.135.137:8121/stats to see current state. It's what I did for some time to collect data.

8. I have some questions to you. You don't have to answer. Some data might be found on the chart :-)

- Why have you ignored my report about strange fee?
- Why didn't the pool administrator realise that pool is misconfigured over a week? How is it possible?
- Why coin admin didn't check pools from time to time to see what is going on? It's ease. Very easy. Just open an URL. If you checked, why didn't you change something?
- What makes you think the pool fee was OK before before 10 December 2016? Did you checked that? How technically?
- How high was the pool fee before 10 December 2016? So let's say 09/12/2016
- How high was the pool fee two days ago? 15/12/2016?
- At which date and time was the fee decreased to 1.5%?

I tried to answer all your questions step by step. It would be nice if you answer my questions without any emotions. Just based on the data data you collected or see on real server. I completely understand that your arguments are much stronger. Who am I? -- nobody and nothing. And you are a long term user. But the main point -- you can recheck server logs!

And last thought: Just say "Stop" to the story so we can pay attention to the issue and spend time to understand how to avoid such a mess with pools and not for the senseless discussion.

Guys I very unhappy with the data I should disclose. My goal it NOT TO blame. Misconfiguration/hacks/etc -- it can happen to everyone. I just wanted to share with pool admin, that his security analysis was eventually not good enough. It's possible that he missed something apart from the detected hack. My fault is, that I posted that here and not pmed Sad If the admin don't need my data -- just ignore it. If you are happy with "everything was good before 10 December 2016" - OK. Why should somone trust some strange charts from me?

Technical details of the hack are very important for any pool admin. I' sure, no one wants it happens once again. I guess any information someone have should be helpful for any responsible admin.

I think "Stop" is the best what we can do.

Sorry for typos :-)

MyPool.Online Pools: http://MyPool.Online
XCICOIN

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:32:46 PM

My pool:
http://cryptonotepool.com/#pools was hacked on Saturday 10 December 2016. The crackers changed the payout addresses for Xcicoin and Karbowanec to steal the coin to someone else.
The pool fee (then paying to the hackers) was also made larger.

The fee was made larger on the BipCoin pool, but the address was not changed.

I  believe this was a successful attempt to steal coin, and then try to make this pool look dishonest, by not changing one of the payout addresses.
On 15 December 2016 I've fixed it, hardened against future attempts, and added alerting systems for future problems. All pools should have all this, and not many do.

The amount of all three coins not paid out to miners combined wasn't much. It totaled about the price of two people eating dinner in a cheap restaurant.

I apologize.

To try to win back the public's trust, I am admitting the error, and making the pool fee for all 3 coins ZERO for one month. After that time it will go back to 1.5%.

I run this pool mainly to support CryptoNote and usually only make about enough money to cover the servers. I do hope I can win back your trust.

Thank you.

Just to inform you: As you can see I started my pools in mid November. Before starting I checked all fees other pools had just to decide which fee to set. All your pools already had that huge "hidden" fee in November. So your "10 December 2016" doesn't look like a correct claim. If your pool indeed has been hacked it happened definitely much earlier than you think. It makes sense to recheck your security logs for a longer period. Feel free to contact me if you need any further technical assistance.

XCICOIN statement about the cryptonotepool "hack"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1651012.msg17215843#msg17215843

CANNABIS INDUSTRY COIN - XCI - NEW
XCICOIN.ORG
XCICOIN

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:38:53 PM

@MainCoins you are good. The only one who should prove something is a pool owner

This is ridiculous, @MainCoins should not prove anything, pool owner should!

CANNABIS INDUSTRY COIN - XCI - NEW
XCICOIN.ORG
MWD64 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 10:51:50 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2016, 11:58:48 PM by MWD64

@MainCoins you are good. The only one who should prove something is a pool owner

This is ridiculous, @MainCoins should not prove anything, pool owner should!

tl/dr: MainCoins IS A TROLL TRYING TO EAT UP YOUR TIME AND ENERGY. I REFUSED IT AND NOW HE'S TRYING TO SUCK OTHERS INTO IT:

I started to write this to you off line XCICOIN, but I will write it here. Fuck it:

First, I am on the team of BipCoin. I started that coin.

Second, I do not run cryptonotepool.com, and I make no money off it (it doesn't make much money either.) But I am friends with atithasos, the guy who runs it.

MainCoins is a troll, trying to push people away from other pools, to promote his own CryptoNote pool (which includes XCIcoin, Karbo and BipCoin), a pool that has no users. This one is his:
http://bip.mypool.name/

I am almost sure he is the same user as CashMoney, who ran/ runs this failed CryptoNote pool (that included XCIcoin, Karbo and BipCoin) : http://coin4you.xyz/

I am almost sure they are both the same user as Neptunium, who ran a failed CryptoNote coin called Neptunium, and also ran a failed CryptoNote pool (that included XCIcoin, Karbo and BipCoin) http://bip.crypticbear.com/

All three have started CryptoNote pools, come on bitcointalk, posted very similar announce threads, and moved on once I challenge him. I'm the only person who ever challenged him and called him out. Everyone else has ignored him. He is mad at me because when his first pool got out of consensus (when he was Neptunium) I removed his pool from our "recommended pools" seconds before I alerted him.

Then slb was a nice guy and helped him configure ForkNote pool, and then the guy comes back with his pools as the other users after one user got kicked off / chased off / ignored off of bitcointalk. (I like slb a lot, he is very smart, and is helpful to everyone, but in this case, it backfired)

Search through the threads of all three guys (MainCoins, CashMoney and Neptunium) and notice they all have been involved in various stupid get-rich-quick schemes too, and also two of them at least have complained on Bitcointalk of being ripped off in various get-rich-quick schemes.

The guy is a serial troll and now some other CryptoNote coins are taking his bait to varying degrees.

I actually believe MainCoins may have been the person who hacked cryptonotepool.com. What he's not telling you in his many many many trolly posts stirring up shit is that he alerted me by email of the hack on cryptonotepool.com.

I told my friend atithasos, the admin of cryptonotepool.com, that's how it got fixed so quickly on Saturday. MainCoins acts like it is odd that he told me about it and it got fixed. Why is that odd?
I think he knew about it that day because he did it that day.

He says cryptonotepool.com has been taking high percentages for a month, and XCICOIN SAYS cryptonotepool.com should prove it's not, well, the proof is that if that were true, cryptonotepool.com would have no miners, not a consistent 25 miners almost all the time. And even after all the "evidence" MainCoin presents for days (made up in photoshop, he even admits this is easy), cryptonotepool.com STILL has 25 miners.

I asked him to post his "proof" last night, he would not do it. He posted it today. Why the delay? He had to MAKE the "proof"!

Also, if MainCoins cares about CryptoNote as he says, why would he let people be ripped off for a month as he claims? I've asked him this and he has no answer.

MainCoins wants to troll us to tear down our coins because his CryptoNote coin failed, and with me especially because I've tried to expose him. I'm letting y'll (KArbo and XCIcoin) know because it seems your coins are getting dragged into it.

I bet MainCoins soon will go away, and a newbie user will come on this forum announcing more CryptoNote pools no one will use, and will stir up shit. There are some indicators, he always sends emails by TOR (could be anyone), always uses usernames with CamelCase (could be anyone and he will probably change that up), but mainly his attitude. It feels like you're talking to the same person each time.

Life is too short to let elaborate trolls fuck with your time. This guy LOVES to eat up all your time. My recommendation is to ignore him and not engage and he will go away. He is one of those people who feeds on chaos, and if he does not get it, he will find it elsewhere.

Here's how to detect if the next user name he comes back as that fits all this criteria is the same guy:
When he announces his next pools with no users, instead of ignoring it when he posts it, say "we're going to watch your pool for a while and will maybe post it later if it can get a few users and we like it." He will sit on his hands for a week or two, and may even rent hash power to look like "a few users", but then will start contacting you off-board and asking when you will post his pool on your coin's website. If you ignore him, he will get more nutty about it. lol. A normal person running a pool will not do this, but this one can't help himself.

No one should post his pools anyway because he can't even consistently get 2 users on any of them on his own. It's usually between zero and one user. And that's not a pool you want to send people to.

The Neptunium and CashMoney personalities of this same person didn't get any traction as grief trolls, so now are coming back as a concern troll in MainCoins.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll#Concern_troll

And may also be causing thing to be concerned about (by hacking.)

He's trying to "help" with Cryptonotepool because that pool has been hardened and MainCoins wants back in it. He wants the login so he can "help." You can see this from his posts. He broke something, was a "nice guy" to alert that it was broken, it got fixed, now he wants creds to come in and "fix it" more. THIS IS CLASSIC SOCIAL ENGINEERING 101.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_engineering_(security)

I can't believe experienced programmers who run coins based on advanced cryptography can't see this. Don't be so deep in the math that you miss a type of con that would not even work on high school drop out small-time criminals on an inner city street corner in any city in the world.

I will not answer him directly any more. He probably sits in a dark room masturbating any time people talk to him directly, doesn't matter if they're concerned or angry. He loves it all.

Check out and use The BipCot NoGov license
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:15:56 AM

LOL, I never expected this amount of drama when I started mining bip.

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 08:17:57 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 09:20:01 AM by MWD64

I never did either. There would be a lot less if we'd started this as a self-moderated thread. But those can come off as scammy to some people, so we did not.

If I had it to do over, I would do that.

This shit is amusing in some ways though. I gotta say, "The insane have always loved me."

rancemo

Activity: 90

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:52:50 PM

Haha, that's kind of MWD's style.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 11:24:52 PM

Haha, that's kind of MWD's style.

"The insane have always loved me."

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 03:06:16 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2016, 03:51:15 AM by MWD64

We moved this to new thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1720595.new
due to new direction with Dot-Bip. Made self-moderated due to spam and trolls.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  

Jump to: