Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:56:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWS] Star Trek / MONERO - RANSOMWARE  (Read 2458 times)
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:42:00 AM

Why do i personally want adoption ? Interesting !
I had to think for a minute and i'd say because of the advancement of humanity.
When i seen Bitcoin and Grid Coin and Prime Coin etc i thought ok shit.. this could change humanity.

Ah.  Me too.  Because it permitted to transgress laws.  But if it is not transgressing laws, we already have good legal payment systems: fiat.  I don't see any, but absolutely any, advantage for people to get involved in other payment systems that are risky, clunky and will, in the end, not allow anything else than what you can do with the legal payment system.  I don't see the use of adding the burden of trustlessness and decentralization (it is a HUGE burden as compared to a swift centralized system) if there's nothing more that you can do with it than what you can do with the existing fiat system.  Bitcoin has been costing between $12 and $8 dollar a transaction the last few years.  It is not scalable, except if you go to a banking system, worse than the fiat banking system.  You take on top of that the high volatility, the risk of being stolen and the burden of having to be extremely careful, because everything is irreversible.  You broadcast your financial transactions open in the blue to the whole world, cryptographically graved in stone ; a fiat bank is way, way more private.

No, honestly, bitcoin doesn't serve any purpose, doesn't bring in the slightest bit of value over fiat payments if you can do it with fiat payments.  The whole of Amazon is a credit card click away.  If there is a problem, I can discuss with my bank.  If someone steals my stuff I can complain, and this is reversed or in any case, guaranteed.   With bitcoin, you are depending on 5 Chinese guys to make your block chain, when they don't get enough fees, they block the network with spam, your payment doesn't get confirmed. 

Why on earth would I want people to adopt such a wasteful, clunky, dangerous and volatile payment system to buy coffee or books on Amazon when everything works much, much better with fiat ?

Only when I cannot do it with fiat.  And banks will try to make you do everything which is legal with fiat.  So, essentially, crypto only has economic value when it is unregulated, illegal or criminal.

There is no reason for Joe to adopt crypto if he doesn't want to go there.  Fiat is much, much better and unbeatable: it is centralized.  You can never build a system with the burden of decentralization and trustlessness that can compete with a centralized system.  So the only ways where such a system makes sense, is if there's no centralized system that can compete.

If we had a world wide grid of mining computer hardware that got a block reward or something in exchange for farming out the computer power i see that as an advancement for humanity.

You don't understand the basic principles of these systems.  Primecoin tried to do something of the kind.  PoW is a very rough concept, that only makes sense to kill seigniorage, but is a horrible idea to secure a cryptographic system.  In fact, it is the worst possible form of cryptography, because the "good guys" and the "bad guys" are on equal footing.  Normally, a cryptosystem gives an advantage to the "good guys" (for instance, those that know a secret key).  PoW is the worst form of cryptographic protection. 

If ALL users on earth were backing it we could have a lot of computer power combined.
Then if all that computer power was used to to do an extra scientific task over-top of the currency aspect then hell win/win right ?

No, it is totally meaningless.  If you do something valuable with PoW, then it is not punishing you if you double-proof.  You get then the "nothing at stake" consensus divergence.

Suppose that I do PoW to sell heat, in such a way that I earn (money wise) exactly the cost of my "mining PoW".  I wouldn't have the slightest problem upscaling a thousand-fold, selling thousand times more heat (in competition with non-PoW heat providers which is a huge market), and redo the block chain.  It is only when the PoW that I have to deliver is actually WASTEFUL and COSTLY that I will not do so.  If I can sell the by-product of my PoW for the same value as what it costs me, I do not care about wasting PoW and it loses entirely its security aspect.

Prime Coin from SunnyKing was a rising star here and i got on it a bit late but..
It WAS big for a while.. it got a market on Cryptsy for example.

Because these projects are naive and misguided (and yes, me too, I bought some prime coin because I liked the idea before I understood much better these systems).

Anyway i mentioned in my last comment what i think the problem is.
Take again the Royal Bank of Canada.. will they ever have anything to do with Monero ?
Nope.

I hope not for monero's sake !

Bitcoin ? that is an actual possibility (far more so than dedicated Anon coins)
The Bitcoin mixers are wise thing.. having that separate is a smart decision i think.

I don't see the use of it.  If they do so, it is to "mine the speculators".  But bitcoin has no use for the public, if the public can do it with fiat.

Dino i have no interest in destabilizing humanity by destroying the existing financial structure.
..like YOU do !

Getting rid of state and law is freeing up humanity, not "destabilising" it, but this is difficult to understand for most endoctrinated people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:14:11 PM

I am supporting Ransomware
I knew it

That was a joke referring to when i posted about a Javascript Ransomware i seen also at Neowin.net.
I posted in BTC main here and i got flamed hard for posting about it saying i was advocating it etc.
If anything i was warning people.  Cheesy

Sorry for the confusion i had my intern post for me a bit lately.
FUD is big business and i gotta farm some of it out.. Indian Call Centers are surprisingly cheap.  Grin

@Dino
It does not matter what YOU see the use of.
YOU do not matter.. nor do i.
You refuse to grasp reality.
You are bloody nuts with weird views that the general public does not share.
Most people driving to work like their paved roads etc. (paid for by taxes)

FUD first & ask questions later™
francisthecrusher

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:07:27 AM

Hey Spoetnik,

Dash sucks. It's going to crash hard and you're going to lose everything.

Good night.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:33:09 PM

Hey Spoetnik,

Dash sucks. It's going to crash hard and you're going to lose everything.

Good night.

Last i checked i had about $23 in Litecoins on Bittrex  Cheesy
Lie more Junior  Roll Eyes

Your Monero coins you have on the other hand.. well they may be in jeopardy Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: